Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have never noticed someone else's "weather report" while at the gym. I say wear your padded sports bra, aim them the same direction, and forget about it. If someone notices and comments, complain to management or shame them publicly.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The girls who dont have this problem, are the ones wearing the bra sports bra that are super padded, I myself prefer just a regular sports bra and yeah it gets cold at the gym haha but seriously, I'm sure these men have seen it before it's not that big of a deal! just keep doin what your doing :) but if you are too uncomfortable then buy the padded ones or wear a shirt with writing on it!
  • medoingme
    medoingme Posts: 8
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I used to be self-conscious, but somewhere along the way I must have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. If people look, let 'em look.

Just make sure the headlights are pointing forward. :-)

And btw, I wear a lined sports bar under my shirts. still shows.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Anytime :P Thanks for appreciating it

I have a similar problem... I had to start wearing longer shorts because my penis was hanging out.. Should see the looks you get with that... LMAO.. jk

HA HA Now that is funny..thank you for the laugh
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Another vote for "nippies", buy them on Amazon. Works like a charm. Headlights are for cars.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    LOL
    I have a similar problem... I had to start wearing longer shorts because my penis was hanging out.. Should see the looks you get with that... LMAO.. jk

oh hey!! :wink:

where do YOU work out? :wink:
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I have never seen nipple-shapes on the front of a woman's clothing or I would have either suffered permanent emotional scars, or have been immediately transformed into a leering lecher.

Or not.

I'm not discounting the chances that your gym has a leering lecher, but most of us guys are going to give nipple outlines barely more attention than we do your hairstyle. Not that we don't have an appreciation for both, but lots of women -- maybe even most -- have nipples, and to see an outline is not a world shaking event.

Do what you need to feel comfortable, and don't worry about what other folks think.

PS: The beach has different rules. ;-)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Can you use tape? Seriously.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest and admit that I notice when nipples are showing. That being said, I would always instantly look away out of politeness, and 5 seconds later I would be too occupied with my own workout.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Yep. It happens to me too. Doesn't matter what type of bra/sport bra I wear. I don't know if it's from the adrenaline flowing or the constant movement against material. Who knows? I usually carry a towel. I just throw it around my neck when I'm walking around. : )
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    This is a common thing at the gym. I have a larger chest and my nips are always showing it seems. One reason people nip while working out is because of the increase of endorphes released in the body. It's a natural turn-on...and hello...my boobs turn-on. And then when I get sweaty and walk by a fan...burrrrr...yup hello again.

I'm use to it and over being bothered by it. It happens to guys and gals. It's natural and pretty normal. Let'em show :)
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have that problem in some of my clothing. I bought something called nipple concealers on eBay. There are several kinds. I bought some that are washable (kind of a rubbery plasticy stuff). They work great. You just put them in your bra.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So it isn't quite what you think... or is it?

I am having this issue with nipples and the gym. The only thing is, I am having an issue with my own nipples. I wear a good sports bra, and my tanks typically have one of those built in sports bras as well. Regardless of wearing both, my nipples show like nobody's business. It typically doesn't happen until right after I get done doing any cardio. Does anyone else have this problem; especially the ladies? Do you just accept it, no big deal? I some times feel a little self conscious about it. I know everyone there is doing their own deal, but my gosh they are out there and very noticeable. Is there anything anyone recommends?

tape them
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Is that what this woman did for gym class?

41PFb7cMx2L.jpg
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I recently noticed this issue with myself, a little odd but hey, they're there. If people look, people look, who cares. I'm in the gym to get in the best shape that I possibly can. Everyone should be looking at other things than my (and your) nipples.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options

41PFb7cMx2L.jpg

I love that movie! Severe guilty pleasure…
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You could try this product to distract people from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGoRNg3qSH0

French women know how to make a man look them in the eyes.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    lol i just make sure mine point straight :laugh: other than that i really dont care

bahahaaa! This ^^^^^^

I do the same thing because as my husband says my "lights" are always on high beam so I wanna make sure they're pointing in the right direction! :laugh:
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't care. If people don't want to see my nipples, perhaps they shouldn't stare at my chest.

and if we do want to see your nipples? then what?

edit: OK I left this sit out there for a while with no response so I'll edit it to add the rest of my statement... I'll likely notice in passing, but as others have said, I'm there for me, not for you. I normally don't take my earbuds out of my ears while I'm at the gym unless my fiance walks in and comes over to talk to me... otherwise I do my workout, then walk out! If we happen to pass each other and you're at attention I'll probably notice, but most guys have trained their eyes to notice without you noticing anyways, so its not like we're staring. What was the line from "Role models"?

Thanks to IMDB...

Ronnie Shields: Damn, she got some boobies on her.

Wheeler: You sure are a fan of the boobies, kid.

Ronnie Shields: Oh yeah. Sometimes I call myself "The Booby Watcher". I even have my own comic book. "The Adventures of The Booby Watcher".

Wheeler: Okay. You know, I have a theory about boobies.

Ronnie Shields: Really?

Wheeler: Oh yeah. You see, there are as many women as there are men in this world.

Ronnie Shields: True dat, true dat.

Wheeler: And every woman has two boobs, for the most part. So there are twice as many boobs as there are men. We're outnumbered and it's overwhelming. We're powerless, and we have to accept it.

Ronnie Shields: I like yo' take on boobies. And I like boobies.

Wheeler: Kid, you got a lot to learn.

Ronnie Shields: I know what I'm doin'.

Wheeler: Oh really? So you don't realize you've just committed one of the most common rookie boob-watching errors?

Ronnie Shields: What you mean?

Wheeler: Never stare at the boobies, kid. Once you get caught, the game's over.

Ronnie Shields: But how?

Wheeler: It's called training. You know, being aware without drawing attention. You don't think I've noticed those 34 C's in the camouflage tank top setting up a tent directly to the left of us? Or how about those twin cannons hiking up a mountain ridge 50 yards due west? Or the ridge itself? Round mounds of grass shaped like...

Ronnie Shields: Boobies!

Wheeler: Don't look over there. Look here. Focus... You'll get it.

=)
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options

41PFb7cMx2L.jpg

One of my favorite summer movies. Joyce Hyser (now Joyce Hyser Robinson) is such a sweetheart. I've exchanged a few emails with her and she is always a class act. Although she was (and still is) quite the hottie, she says the bikini body in this pic is not hers!