Can you recommend a restaurant? 700 cals or less for dinner

Options

Replies

• twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like Applebee's - I know others have already mentioned it, but their meals under 550 cals are pretty good.
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Pick your favorite and check out their website, most will have the nutriional value online. This way you will be able to calculate before and and know exactly what you will be ordering and not be stressed about it and will be able to enjoy your evening with your mother..
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Most resturants have a light menu. If not you can always subsitute items, like fries for a side salad.
  • justfine2009
    justfine2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Most restaurants have a lite section on their menu. If not just ask your waiter for grilled chicken or fish no additional seasonings or oils. It a great way to reduced calories.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you feel like going some place more casual, Panera has a wide range of healthy options.

I would suggest researching your local restaurants online. Most chains have nutritional information available.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The very best choice would be Seasons 52. Their dinner entrees are all 500 calories or less, with no added fats--and they don't offer bread on the table.

Another good choice would be Legal Seafoods, Ocean Prime, McCormick & Schmick, Bonefish, etc. and order grilled fish or grilled shrimp with steamed veggies.

If that isn't an option, any place that you can get a four ounce petite filet and side of steamed veggies.

Legal Seafoods? They are the most calorie place I had ever been. Tuna burger over 1100, Ana's schrod 900, most entrees around 1000, without counting the sides. The house salad is 600.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    This is what I would do if I was really worried about watching my calories for this meal:
    look online, pick a few dishes out at the likely restaurants you'll go to, pick something either low calorie or get some naughty and only eat half of it there (it'll make a great lunch or breakfast for the next day :wink: )
  • Alta2000
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory and order from the Skinilicious menu. I love the santorini salad. In every restaurant stay away from creamy and buttery sauce, and from the chili fries. Do not trust the vegetarian options either. The eggplant burger at CKF is over 900, same as the regular burger.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The very best choice would be Seasons 52. Their dinner entrees are all 500 calories or less, with no added fats--and they don't offer bread on the table.

Another good choice would be Legal Seafoods, Ocean Prime, McCormick & Schmick, Bonefish, etc. and order grilled fish or grilled shrimp with steamed veggies.

If that isn't an option, any place that you can get a four ounce petite filet and side of steamed veggies.

Legal Seafoods? They are the most calorie place I had ever been. Tuna burger over 1100, Ana's schrod 900, most entrees around 1000, without counting the sides. The house salad is 600.

You need to choose more carefully then. Skip the bread. Have shrimp cocktail and wood grilled salmon with broccoli--hold the cheese--and polenta for well under 700 calories.
  • Alta2000
    Options

You need to choose more carefully then. Skip the bread. Have shrimp cocktail and wood grilled salmon with broccoli--hold the cheese--and polenta for well under 700 calories.

That's what I did but I find the selection very limited. I also have to check the NY menu to find the calories each time. As for Seasons 52, I always starve afterwards, it is just too healthy and too small servings for me.
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Longhorn steakhose- strawberry side salad, 6 0z steak with grilled onions & roasted veggies--yummy 680 cals!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    As for Seasons 52, I always starve afterwards, it is just too healthy and too small servings for me.

I have never left there hungry. Usually I'm rather full. There is no such thing as "too healthy."
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I like Applebee's - I know others have already mentioned it, but their meals under 550 cals are pretty good.

THIS! And they are filling too.
  • jsbneen
    jsbneen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have a Harvest restaurant near us, that is all organic, locally sourced, and every single thing on the menu is under 500 calories, even appetizers and desserts...we split an appetizer and each get great entrees...much better portion size. not sure if they have them in Calif.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Chino Hills area? Do you mind heading to South Coast Plaza? Seasons 52 is awesome and nothing on their menu is over 475 calories, but you'd never know it, it's so good,
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I go anywhere I want. After a year I hope I have learned something. I do s lot of omitting and substitution
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Fish is a really good choice or grilled chicken :) Also Shoguns is a pretty awesome place to eat
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Chili's has an awesome guiltless grill menu and everything is under 600 cals. I think it has 6 different choices. I recommend the salmon option, it comes with rice and broccoli for 480 cals and the salmon portion is very generous. om nom nom
  • Agannon0728
    Agannon0728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not sure is "Demo's" is a chain or not, but they have a "fit menu" you have to ask for it and they are all under 500 calories and a lesser portion :) Thats one of my favorites
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    My advice:

Unless you go out to eat several times a week, go where you want to go, get what you want to get, and relax in the knowledge that one meal is not going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I'm with her.