27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• FantasticKitty01
    Options
    I gained my weight WAY before i had my daughter.. lol and 27 is young! Live it up while you can cuz marriage & kids make you an old lady... i'm 27 going on 48. XD I would like to friend you, add me, unless you are exclusively seeking single & childless people....
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If you think not having kids at 27 is weird, you've been watching too much "16 and pregnant". That's bad for you. Stop.
  • lanajaymurphy
    lanajaymurphy Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm married to my job and my two cats are my children.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Does 25, once engaged, currently in a long term relationship, won't be having kids for a while count?
  • avvalynna
    avvalynna Posts: 32
    Options
    36, no kids, no BF at the moment either. Always feel like the odd man out. On the flip side, I see people who are married with kids ,OR single with kids, and look so much older than me! They are always amazed when I tell them I am not in my 20s. My response, " I'm still a kid." lol I would live to get married and start a family. If it happens, when it happens, I'll know it's right.
  • FantasticKitty01
    Options
    I'm about to be 39 with no kids. (Was married once though).

My BF is 37, never married and no kids.

So you are not alone, and there's nothing wrong with it. I find people have a hard time accepting the fact that we don't want kids however and keep pushing us to which is annoying. No one ever questions parents why they chose to be parents but they will question to all hell people who chose not to be parents and treat you like a leper.

Sorry it's a sore point for me especially since now everyone hears my clock ticking but me and my BF.

LoL @ leper reference. You're right. I have 1 and everyone keeps pushing for 2 etc. If i would have known all the responsibilities & challenges i was going to have, i might have chosen to remain childless as well. I absolutely LOVE my daughter, but I don't blame ppl who don't want kids. Mine was a surprise, like "ta-da".
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Didn't marry till I was 48. No kids. No regrets.
  • jenna311
    jenna311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well...I KNOW I am weird...but not because I'm 35 never married and no kids :D I am recently engaged for the first time...career was my priority so marriage and kids was not a big deal to me. I also gained weight from eating crap and ... well...being lazy I guess. So let's do this!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 not married no kids, long term bf of 2 years and I like being alone. I see my bf like 2-3 days a week.

I love dogs.
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am single at age 38 years old and am a single mother of 1 daughter. I felt the exact same way you did got married at age 27 years old but ended up divorced a year later because he was abusive.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    27 just isn't all that old. Didn't have my first kid till I was 34.

In any case, I'm glad attitudes about having children have changed from "mandatory" to "meh." I've know a number of parents that never should have had kids. Didn't really want them. Don't really like the parenting gig. That's no good for anyone involved...especially the kids.
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this!
    I gained my weight WAY before i had my daughter.. lol and 27 is young! Live it up while you can cuz marriage & kids make you an old lady... i'm 27 going on 48. XD I would like to friend you, add me, unless you are exclusively seeking single & childless people....
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    course not 27 is very young still I got married 3 years after my youngest sibling take your time enjoy yourself kids are a life time commitment be young and have fun I know we are kids are not even something we know if we want yet :)
  • swtjanel
    swtjanel Posts: 1
    Options
    Same, Here 27, no kids never married and happy with knowing myself. Focusing on Career and Healthy relationships and most importantly my health. Not settling for what tradition tells me is the order of things and paving my own path in life.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    36, never married, no human kids, one fur kid...it is what it is.

Feel free to add me to your "weird" people list!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am 50 with no kids and enjoying life!!!

Being single and a King has its advantages!!!
  • hillcontessa
    hillcontessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    29, never married and no kids...and has made it the ultimate goal to make these last months of my twenties as kick *kitten* as possible. :drinker: And I'd say we're currently on track. Ha! Feel free to add me
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    Not weird at all. Personally I think 30+ is a good time to get married just because you and your partner have had time to really figure your self out mentally, emotionally and financially. I mean if you make it work younger good for you but I have NEVER seen a young married couple last more than 5-10 years.

That comment is so annoying.

I was married at 20 and hubby was 24. We have 3 kids ages almost 10, 7 and 5 and we just celebrated 11 years of marriage. And we have an awesome marriage!
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the reason most of these posts come up (and I've notice they pop of frequently) is because people see their MFP's talking about their SO's and kids, while still in their mid 20s. Yet as soon as a thread like this one hits the forums, all the never married, no kids people come out of the woodwork. Speaking as someone in said group, I would say we probably ARE in the minority on this site, but that's no reason to get down on ourselves.

If anyone is looking to add some support from a NMNK, feel free to add me.
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't get married til I was 34 & had my son at 39! Was overweight way before I met my husband!! :)