27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Another one to add to the group! 27, never married, no kids and I plan to keep it that way for ever.

I would like a dog, though. Right now I just have a pet rock that craps (aka, a turtle :p)

It is an odd stage though, when all your friends are getting married and having kids. Just doesn't appeal to me, though. Why yes, I will get drunk and/or take a nap in the middle of the day, simply because I can. Nobody to watch out for but me! :drinker:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 28, never married without kids :drinker:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just turned 37, no kids (unless you count the Hubs) and I don't think any will be coming soon. I'm only married because it was easier on taxes & such forth. Been together for 10 years, married almost 5.

I'll tell ya to wait till you ready & don't settle.
  • NewJack718
    NewJack718 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 no kids, never married, dont plan on having any til im about 35, dont know about marriage!!
    Not weird, just know what I want in life!!
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in September and have never been married as well as no kids. I am very content with my life even if it didn't go the way I thought I wanted it.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Am I weird? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people people having babies or marriage. but I'm starting to get the feeling that I am the odd man out on this site. Anyone else want to be friends with a single chick with no kids who gained her weight through bad eating and not getting out of bed? =)

Everyone reading this, have a glorious day =)

I hope not. I'm 34, never married, and no kids.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    YESS. i sent a friend request! im 28, never married, no kids.. WAS 327lbs when i started here. 132lbs DOWN.. nothing against anyone with kids or that is married either but its refreshing to find someone who doesnt have that going on too. i honestly never thought I could lose the weight because it wasnt from having kids.. i figured i was stuck with it. you know that it would be too hard..

ANYONE can add me tho. =)
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all! Enjoy the single life my friend! I didn't get married until the "old age" of 28 ;) no kiddos but really want a fur baby soon! feel free to friend me if you want, i have a loooooong weight loss journey ahead of me!
  • pammyd137
    pammyd137 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No weirdness here!

32, never married, and only a dog and cat to beg me for food. :) Feel free to add me!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Haha, well I am only 19 but still never married or don't have kids, like some people my age do. However, I have never had a boyfriend or have never been kissed before either.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Me too! Was engaged but realized it wasn't right. I don't want to settle. Sometimes I wonder because I don't know very many single people... but then I realize I DO know a lot of people that have gotten divorced in their 20s and a lot of people who will date anyone just so they aren't single. I would rather be single than that.
  • ktafr16
    ktafr16 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! I am 28, never married and have no kids! It will happen when it happens:-) No reason to rush, just enjoy the life you have now:-)
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 27. No kids, not married. I say its better to be responsible and stand behind your choices than to settle and end up being miserable or making anyone else miserable. My friends have kids, thats good enough for me lol
  • Britty1225
    Britty1225 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I'm also 27, never married with no kids. I have a boyfriend of almost 6 years on and off and we've talked about getting married and having kids but we're not there yet. I guess I'm really in no hurry.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    haha i'm 27, single and kid-less, too. holla!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I didn't get married until I was 28, and even then, I had no real desire to do so until I met my future hubby. When I discovered that he vacuums, cooks, and does other helpful domestic tasks, I figured he was a keeper. I'm almost 50 now and never had kids. Never really felt the need. Follow what feels right to you and your life will unfold as it's meant to.
  • DurtchWilliam
    Options
    Hello everyone,i'm 27 from holland,i'm in a two year relationship now,my girlfriend wants to get married and wants kids,but i don't believe in marriage,and kids,,,uhm i love kids but i'm scared that he/she will get my hereditary diseases,like-
    -eczema
    -astma
    -allergies,for absolutely everything
    - celiac.

so, we've decided to just take each day as it comes, and not look in the future too much.

have a very nice day all

gr william
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    27 met my husband at age 18 swore id never marry but did at age 20..you arent missing anything!! also i dont have and cant have kids..good ole surgical menopause here..anyone feel free to add me
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm 36, never married and no intentiions of having children. My pets are my kids
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    27, single, never been married nor anywhere close and no kids. Just haven't found the one. And now, I'd rather focus on me-I'm in no rush.