Replies

• mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    Options
    31, never married, no kids :yawn: :smile:
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I feel better, usually I feel left out as most of my friends list talk about their kids or families or prom. And I'm like, I got this awesome smelling shampoo lol

This.
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I guess to each his (or her) own...but I'm thinking having kids because you feel pressure from society or rushed into it because your 'clock" is ticking is way more selfish than those who choose not to have any so they can live a fun, carefree life.

I don't think it's selfish, it's just one of those things where you have a limited amount of time to do something. And the sad reality is if you ever think you might want to have children, by 30 you better be making those plans because most women's fertility declines greatly between 30 and 40.

By age 35 your chances of conceiving per month are cut in half.

I heard an article a while ago that lots of women are being lulled into a false sense of hope by the much publicized cases of women who have babies much later in life. What they don't realize is that this is often the result of spending a lot of money and that they happen very rarely.

Women get the short end of the biological stick.
    Yes
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    46, married 26 years.......no kids. There are a few of us out there. :)
  • shannaslife
    shannaslife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    30 going to be 31 in 3months. Divorced after 7 years and back into a new relationship almost 2years. And NO KIDDOS! Do have a lot of nieces and nephews so I am totally fine with that :)
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I guess to each his (or her) own...but I'm thinking having kids because you feel pressure from society or rushed into it because your 'clock" is ticking is way more selfish than those who choose not to have any so they can live a fun, carefree life.

I don't think it's selfish, it's just one of those things where you have a limited amount of time to do something. And the sad reality is if you ever think you might want to have children, by 30 you better be making those plans because most women's fertility declines greatly between 30 and 40.

By age 35 your chances of conceiving per month are cut in half.

I heard an article a while ago that lots of women are being lulled into a false sense of hope by the much publicized cases of women who have babies much later in life. What they don't realize is that this is often the result of spending a lot of money and that they happen very rarely.

Women get the short end of the biological stick.
    Yes

It's also hard growing up with a parent that has a huge age gap from you. I'm 22 and dealing with my father slowly passing (in the way you do from dementias) from Lewy Body Dementia. He's 73 this year.
  • faedreamer1
    faedreamer1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i know why most of you arent married. I dont think it was a choice, lmao

Aren't you a gem.
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I am 40 and single with no kids! You are no alone! :)
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Yes thats weird. You should have kids.. Here you can have my teenagers and my husband, and I'll be 34 with no kids in your place to protect you from the weirdness.

In all seriousness, you are not weird, there is nothing wrong with not having kids or getting married yet, or ever if you so choose.

L^ what she said, you can have my 2, my husband and my 2 staffies to boot!

then i can be 32, no kids, married once :D
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    The topic of this thread describes me at this stage of my life. lol.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, single - well, not married, in a committed long distance/another country relationship. No kids. Add me if you like!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    24 married two kids but you can still add me. I had visions of being an old maid til I feel in love and now I know you can't leave on love and marriage is work so you can have my husband, (he's 27 like you)and I keep my kids so you can only be half weird. :) you are fine dear, everyone is different.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, never married (though I might like to be someday if I find the right man) and don't want kids.

Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am getting a little chuckle at all the early 20-somethings stating they won't ever have kids. Some of you WILL change your minds.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 27 never married, no kids, and I love it that way! add me anytime!
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    turning 29 in two weeks, don't live with my boyfriend (of two years) yet, and have a very active social life. marraige isn't going to be on the table for a couple more years, and kids a year or so after that... it's different for everyone, but we're all here to get healthy or maintain a healthy lifestyle, so we've all got that in common.
  • kk1084
    kk1084 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    28, never married, not dating, no kids, and perfectly happy with my life :)

I love kids; I am a teacher-- BUT I do NOT want my own... not now and possibly not ever. I'm much too selfish for that ;P I travel a lot and I like that nothing ties me down (except for my workout routine, ha ha).

Nothing against married people, people with kids... to each their own. But I LOVE my life and wouldn't change a thing about my single and 0 kids status at this point! :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    24 here, will be 25 in the summer. my boyfriend is 27, 28 in the fall and we are childless unless you count our furry four legged children haha.
    nothing wrong with it, i feel like having kids at this time would be a burden, so we are better off with our own little "family" of a doggy and ratty. legally single still and will be for a while (we are going on 4 years and have had a place together a couple years already, but no rush).
    :drinker:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    26, never married, no kids .... I find kids annoying most of the time :embarassed: I do want to get married and propably having a child or two maybe when I'm 35... I have been in a longterm relationship for 8 years but no ready to have kids ! I do have a few babies... A dog, a parrot and fish.. :laugh: As of right now, I'm loving my life the way it is:drinker:
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    Options
    There are more people like us out there than people realize! I'm 29, never been married & do not have the least bit of interest in having children of my own. :)