Cheesy restrictions, what is your limit?

Options
13»

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I can have up to 2400 calories worth of cheese per day before I gain weight.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I limit cheese purely because it's calorie dense, and there are a lot of other things I like to fit into my daily diet. I usually have around 20 g (about 80 calories worth) of mature cheddar a day for my lunch, and occasionally some more, or some other kind of cheese for my tea. I use Philly quite a lot for cooking too, but I don't really count that as cheese. Before I was counting calories, I could easily eat masses of cheddar at a time.
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As a big fan of cheese, I know I should stay away from it. But that isnt always easy and last week was simply shamefull (hence the fact I didnt lose any weight this week) So I was wondering if any of you guys have figured out how much cheese you can enjoy in a week without it affecting your weightloss. Any tips at all?

I share your love for cheese. Honestly I try not to eat more than 1 serving a day and usually a white cheese. You could probably fit in 2 servings if you get reduced fat. To me more than 1 serving is splurging and it happens, just try not to make it everyday.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    As a big fan of cheese, I know I should stay away from it. But that isnt always easy and last week was simply shamefull (hence the fact I didnt lose any weight this week) So I was wondering if any of you guys have figured out how much cheese you can enjoy in a week without it affecting your weightloss. Any tips at all?

I share your love for cheese. Honestly I try not to eat more than 1 serving a day and usually a white cheese. You could probably fit in 2 servings if you get reduced fat. To me more than 1 serving is splurging and it happens, just try not to make it everyday.
    It really depends on personal preference though, factoring in how many calories you burn in a day, what the rest of your nutritional intake looks like, any specific medical issues etc. For lots of people, more than one serving a day is fine, and not "splurging". If you're on a very tight calorie restriction, and the rest of your diary is made up mostly of dairy products, it's probably a good idea to cut back on the cheese and work some other foods in.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

I dont have a digital kitchen scale so my measurements could be off a bit, I should invest in buying one soon.
    I have tried to avoid cheese for this week just to give my body a break to deal with my disaster from last week.

Found all your comments very usefull guys, and will explore some healthier cheesy snacks :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had no interest in cheese until two years ago when my new boyfriend decided to challenge my self assumed cheese hatred by feeding me various stiltons he had been ageing in his apartment. Since then, I have had quite a few slabs of stilton and fruited wensleydales and am now venturing into trying gouda, and have found a love of Emmental cheese. Not dared try gorgonzola yet but love brie and camembert.
    Open to ideas as to what other cheeses to test.