Absurd: McDonalds doubles up the chips

Options

Replies

• BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Didn't they remove the option to super size after Super Size Me was released in some bizarre attempt to downplay the portion sizes of their food? They must feel that the negative backlash from the documentary has blown over if they're releasing a double portion of their large fries. What stops someone from just ordering two large fries now?
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

I have wanted this for a long time. mmm, I'm salivating already
  • FoTime
    FoTime Posts: 21
    Options
    Ban them. Think of the children!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My "go-to" treat used to be McNuggets & fries. I recently discovered that I DON'T like McNuggets!!! I eat them with the BBQ sauce and they're really good with BBQ sauce but ran out the last time so ate the last one naked. EW!!!!! McNuggets are just a BBQ sauce carrier! I'm good if I never eat another McNugget. Will still go for the fries though, they, too, make a great BBQ sauce carrier.

This! I think I could just drink BBQ sauce alone... Whataburger fries with their honey BBQ sauce. :love:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    This just in: Something at McDonald's is unhealthy.

If you care enough about your calories to actually give a crap about any of this, you shouldn't be frequenting fast food joints.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Didn't they remove the option to super size after Super Size Me was released in some bizarre attempt to downplay the portion sizes of their food? They must feel that the negative backlash from the documentary has blown over if they're releasing a double portion of their large fries. What stops someone from just ordering two large fries now?

Guilt. Guilt and shame. :laugh:
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Guilt. Guilt and shame. :laugh:
    Sh... what's that s word mean?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

If you care enough about your calories to actually give a crap about any of this, you shouldn't be frequenting fast food joints.

Unreasonable portion size + uneducated population = increased health care costs. That impacts most everyone.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    OH NOZ, PEEPS IZ GONNA HAVE TO CONTROLZ DEMSELVEZ!

WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! OMAGAWD!

I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but McDonald's fries are the best fries in fast food. I'm going to stop there after work explicitly due to this thread.

Oh man, imagine if McDonald's had chips too!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    What's absurd is people expecting the government to dictate how much of something I can buy. I do my own grocery shopping thank you, I don't need Uncle Sam to approve of it.

I don't think people "expect" the government to dictate what they can and can't buy. Its more to do with the fact that you have to match responsible buying/eating with responsible selling. Considering how USA/UK have a growing obesity problem it doesn't appear that people are managing the sensible eating.

You got it spot on anyway "uncle sam"... if people buy... more profit...more profit = more taxes.

Junk food is also addictive - go figure!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE MCDONALD'S FRENCH FRIES!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    What's absurd is people expecting the government to dictate how much of something I can buy. I do my own grocery shopping thank you, I don't need Uncle Sam to approve of it.

^THis.
    Hooray for not being a sheep!

ETA - I won't lie, I did laugh at "responsible selling."

Somehow, offering a promo people like is irresponsible.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Unreasonable portion size + uneducated population = increased health care costs. That impacts most everyone.
    If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device could educate themselves about their food choices. . . .
  • dbmata
    Options

If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device and educate themselves about their food choices. . . .

Could you imagine the chaos that would create? People everywhere suddenly becoming responsible for their own actions?

Anyone selling access to such a service would not be selling responsibly.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

If only there were some sort of readily available information database where the calories and macro/micronutrient information of fast foods (or even "real" foods) were stored, so that a person with - for example - internet access via some sort of "smartphone" device and educate themselves about their food choices. . . .

Only with McDonald's it's more like, "if only I could read the menu above the cash register, I would know how many calories are in that food . . . "
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that if I wanted that many fries, and there wasn't a single size order to accommodate I'd just order 2 larges. Demand dictates supply.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If it bugs you, don't buy them. I, however, will wait hopefully for them to arrive. No longer will my sister, cousin, and I have to buy 3 individual medium fries (or 3 larges, lol) when we split a 20 piece nugget. I presume one mega will be cheaper than 3 mediums or 2 large sizes.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to see a regular size portion of McDonalds fries packs 46 grams of protein. Screw the protein shakes. Imma gunna get some serious bulk making french fry shakes from here on out!!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hey, Mickey D's fries are freaking delicious. Who in the WORLD doesn't want more of them for less? Unhealthy as HELL? Absolutely. But, it's a free world. At some point people have to take responsibility for what they put into their bodies lest they end up super sizing themselves.