Movin' On Up...and the Most Honest Photo I have ever posted

Options
For some of you the idea of a workout with ONE POUND WEIGHTS would be a joke, but that is what this old lady has been using. Today, I took a courageous step. I went Walmart looking for 2 pound hand weights, but they were sold out. The next size that was available were these THREE POUNDERS. I picked them up slowly, worried that I might drop one of them in the process of getting them down from their elevated display rack to the basket in my electric cart. (Yep. I'm one of those wheeled warriors, buzzing around the aisles.)

Once I had those 3 pounders in my hands, I knew that it was time to move on up to something heavier than my baby weights.

34167349_4116.jpg

Believe me, when I say that I really felt the difference as I did my Sit And Fit Exercise this afternoon. I was especially concerned about upping the workout on my biceps and triceps. Those 3 pounders made me really feel the effort during the lifts and curls. This was the whole point of getting bigger weights.

I have been losing all kinds of inches and pounds in the past 6 months, dropping from 4X to size 16 in pants and 30/32 to 20/22 in blouses and tops. Well, I can sort of fit into a 20 blouse; but I have one really BIG PROBLEM AREA. It showed, when I put on this new size 20 blouse. My arm was squeezed into that sleeve.

34167349_1454.jpg

On that day, I took the MOST HONEST PHOTO of my problem area...my upper arm. :noway:

34167349_1122.jpg

Though I am losing weight and inches everywhere else, my upper arms are refusing to yield their fat deposits. The only solution that I could see was MORE EXERCISE and HEAVIER WEIGHTS.

If my shoulders can take the weights, I am hoping that those new, bright green, 3 pounders will help to make a dent in that upper arm problem. I will be losing more weight, of that I am sure. The question will be..."How bad will my BAT WINGS be, when that fat is gone?"

At age 68 years old, I have no delusions about getting the tight skin of a fashion model; but I don't want to look like BAT GRANNIE. Say a prayer or wish me luck with those 3 pounders. They feel a whole lot heavier, when they are over my head, doing tricep pulls :laugh: .

Apparently, I am having some problems with Photobucket today. I hope that you can see the photos now, though they are a bit smaller than I had planned.

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I wish you much luck! Keep on movin' for many more years to come!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! And "bat grannie" made me laugh. :)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the heavier weights! You should be proud of yourself. I know lots of people here will be! :heart:
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nice story but the pics are not visible on my computer. It says the images have been deleted from photobucket. Did you change your mind after starting the thread? In any case good luck. You will be at 5 pounders and beyond one day if you keep it progressing. Good Luck!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    great job on the moving on up!!!! :drinker: You will do fine, I have NO doubts! You're improving by leaps and bounds, my friend, good job :sad:
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job! Keep up the good work :)
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing and I hope you get some great results. You must be so proud of yourself! : )
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hats off to the 3lb weights. Great job for stepping it up when the 2lb weren't available! AND a big hats off for even being on MFP.

If i told my mum (who's 60) to use MFP she wouldn't have a clue!

You go girl!
  • HealthyEscape
    HealthyEscape Posts: 255
    Options
    Seriously LOL at the "bat grannie" comment. Congrats on getting the bigger weights. Many people would have probably left the store empty handed when they saw what they wanted wasn't there. But not you. You looked at those big green monsters and said "I GOT THIS" and bought them instead. That, in itself, is a huge accomplishment. Keep doing what you are doing and rock those green monsters! You'll be posting your 5# and new "bat-less" arms before you know it :-)
  • Tamekia770
    Tamekia770 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LMBO! Bat Granny, You are on your way to your second life sexiness, and you are doing it well, congrats on not giving up like some and taking control of your health, you are an inspiration .and I thank you!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nice story but the pics are not visible on my computer. It says the images have been deleted from photobucket. Did you change your mind after starting the thread?

No, I didn't change my mind. I just seem to be having problems with Photobucket today. So, I loaded them into my profile photos; and though the pictures are a bit smaller than I wanted, I was able to get them in this post.
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Showing lots of determination in your weight loss, courage and a great sense of humor! I applaud your success and will be rooting for you in your further progress!
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Way to challenge yourself by moving up to those green weights! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hats off to the 3lb weights. Great job for stepping it up when the 2lb weren't available! AND a big hats off for even being on MFP.

If i told my mum (who's 60) to use MFP she wouldn't have a clue!

You go girl!

Tell your Mum to "Come on in. The water is fine." I would love to have her as one of my MFP sisters. There are plenty of us 'oldies but goodies' on this site; and this old girl logs in her food diary every day. I am confined to a wheelchair most of the time, though I can use a walker for just a few steps around the house. That doesn't keep me from exercising for 30 minutes nearly every day.

I am working for some new knees, when I get to Onederland. I know that I still have a lot of years left in me, and I want to live them on my feet...not on my butt. Can you imagine, how much more that I will be able to lose, when I get my new knees? I want a grannie tricycle with a basket in the back. Then, my hubbie and I can bike together and go picnic by the lake.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Awesome going for the green weights! You are doing great and Congratulations! :drinker:
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you!!!
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Great job going green. Keep on moving up! Before you know it you will be riding that tricycle and going on your picnic!
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's a great job and a great step up! I enjoyed reading your post. :) Good luck and keep it up!
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I want a grannie tricycle with a basket in the back.

I BOUGHT ONE!! HOT PINK W/ A SNAZZY HELMET TO MATCH..NOW..to get the guts to go out and ride the sucker! You will love it. Mine is a one speed, but you can but a conversion kit to make it have 3 speeds. My knee's cannot take that. But, congrats! You are doing wonderful..Add me if you want a granny buddy! I am 52, 53 in August..have been a grannie since I was in my 40's..
    Love it!