Replies

• eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I call bull.
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ya i have heard it can speed up your metabolism and i know some very skinny people who smoke it and stay skinny but back in my party days that crap made me so damn hungray!!!!!!!! lol seriously there were no limits to what i could eat...hugs not drugs!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Haha pot was one of the reasons I put on so much weight on in the first place!!

I used to get so hungry and flavours were just damn amazing... I used to go crazy over salted and crunchy... Sweet... Cold... Warm... It was a party in my mouth.

Good times...
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ya i have heard it can speed up your metabolism and i know some very skinny people who smoke it and stay skinny but back in my party days that crap made me so damn hungray!!!!!!!! lol seriously there were no limits to what i could eat...hugs not drugs!

^^ nice!

There is some speculation that the mechanisms involved are related to insulin regulation. But, unfortunately this study only shows correlation and not causation (sorry Cenk, but it is what it is).
  • cold_hearted_witch
    Options
    you had me at ''smoking pot'',,lol
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well it worked for Snoop Dog.

GIFSNOOP_zps7f755f69.gif
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    All I know is that when I used to smoke, I had cravings which would usually end up with snacking/binging late at night. I've heard the whole argument that "pot has no calories so it's better than drinking", but the munchies are the worst! At the end of the day, everyone is different and reacts to pot differently. If it works for you, then light up!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Seriously, just say no.

Marijuana affects people differently. I personally don't smoke it because I fall more in line with the first example but to say that marijuana ends in with unemployment or jail is a bit simplistic.
  • lanajaymurphy
    lanajaymurphy Posts: 129
    Options

GIFSNOOP_zps7f755f69.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

I smoke pot - DAILY. I am motivated, I have a great job and make good money. I buy groceries... Lots of them. All healthy ones too. Guess that train of thought was off...
  • amandaanderson2786
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

Marijuana affects people differently. I personally don't smoke it because I fall more in line with the first example but to say that marijuana ends in with unemployment or jail is a bit simplistic.
    very true pot does not work for me it makes me so hungry and also gives me killer anxiety attacks but some one whom i am very close with smokes weekly and has a full time job is the manager of his job and has worked there over ten years and is a wonderful father doesnt party simply smokes to help with anxiey so this is a polar difference from me as i get lazy from it everyone is made different and has different issues body types ect...........
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

I smoke pot - DAILY. I am motivated, I have a great job and make good money. I buy groceries... Lots of them. All healthy ones too. Guess that train of thought was off...

stereotype... busted
  • lanajaymurphy
    lanajaymurphy Posts: 129
    Options
    drugs are bad, mmmmmkay.
  • amandaanderson2786
    Options
    i personally think alchohol is way more dangerous! i could personally and have done more damage to myself over drinking than any anxiety attack i have ever had smoking pot! alcohol scares me wayyyyyy more
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I know many people who smoke weed.. Some for medical reasons.. Some not. The one person I know who I am closest to is a project coordinator who makes almost a 120k a year working for companies like Nike and Oakley and Warner Bros.
    I hate how weed is always placed in the negative when it can in fact be beneficial. (My mom has fibromyalgia and smokes.. It helps her with her pain when nothing else.. Not even the top pain killers.. Could.)

The binging thing is true though. The project coordinator can go through a whole package of oreos and a whole box of cheez-its in one day.
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

GIFSNOOP_zps7f755f69.gif

Awesome! Snoop Rocks!

All I can say to this discussion is I WISH! :smokin:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    According to a recent study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOW7cFrY55c&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Aaaaaannnnndddd.... discuss

It's irrelevant to me whether it helps with weightloss or not, my work place has zero tolerance on any recreational drugs which of course, includes pot and I would lose my job.

Besides which, I detest the smell of the stuff.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

It does affect people differently. Lets be clear, i have not done it for years now. But i achieved a lot while i was smoking. I worked all the time, sometimes 2 jobs and at the same time achieved a Bsc Honours degree from one of the best universities in the country. I used it quite heavily but i got where i wanted to be. Its about the person. I wouldn't say it was great for my mood but generalising about everyone who uses it is simply unfair and short sighted.

I do agree that for many people, using pot is not a good choice.

I was pretty slim when i smoked, but then i was also younger than i am now.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My personal experience would cause me to disagree. Whenever I've gotten high (with weed, anyway) I feel more lethargic and hungry for junk food. I've also noticed my joints feel a lot stiffer.
This discussion has been closed.