Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Has anyone been "Blamed" for someone else getting fat?

2»

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    I blame my boyfriend for making me turn into a fat and lazy person these past 14 months. But I also blame moving 2000 miles and missing my workout/running partner. But both of those are jokes....I do tell my boyfriend he's the reason I'm lazy, but he knows I'm kidding...we get a good laugh out of it.

I blame myself completely for getting lazy and eating too much these past 18 months!!! Nobody to blame but myself, nobody forced me to be lazy. Although that being said, even though I've been lazy for 14-18 months I can still go out and run a half-marathon on a whim -- so I guess I'm not doing TOO badly.

She needs to take responsibility for her own problems of gaining weight. It isn't someone else's fault if you gain weight or stop exercising -- it's your own.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    That's so odd your ex would do that, almost sounds pathetic. The last break up I had (which was years ago), I decided to change myself for the better, worked out, lost a lot of weight, and was honestly the best shape I ever was. Sure enough, he begged me to come back to him. Lol, of course, I ain't returning back to a cheater. :)

Sounds like you handled it well!

I guess its like the old saying about handling FEAR you can F#@K Everything And Run or Face Everything And Recover!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Yes, every single relationship, I am accused of packing the lbs on men with my cooking. Sometimes by happy mother's sometimes by their concerned selves, sometimes by congratulatory friends, sometimes by well meaning sister's. Always the same. Always.

One guy even told me to my face, "sometimes my ex calls me and she makes it sound really, really, tempting", but it's like my mom always used to tell me while I dated her..."the b!tch can't cook!"
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    I have never been blamed, but have blame my husband( under my breath). When we started dating it was a whole need lifestyle for me. After every date we ate. We had pizza, hamburgers, ice cream you name it. At home there wasn't the extra money for such things. So like a kid in a candy store I ate everything offered. Kept that up for many years and learned to fix the things he likes. Now trying to teach both of us what is best. It's been almost 48 years. I'm a so learner
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Your ex took the lazy way out blaming you. No one forced that food in that mouth, only she did.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I think it's a bit pathetic but mildly amusing. Enjoy the gloating.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    My wife blames me for knocking her up. and she put on weight then.

Twice. I can't say I blame her though, because its true.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    The only thing I gained when we broke up was my Sanity:tongue:

I have to say I'm really not into bad mouthing Ex's My ex wife and I actually have a great friendship and every woman I ever dated has remained my friend. BUT this one was just like a Hurricane in my life and now she's pulling this crap. None of you know her name and I would never tell, thats why I like the "Anonymity" (somewhat) of MFP

Thanks for letting me get more than dumbells off my chest, some of your posts are awesome!! and I needed that boost today
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I got dumped once at least partly because I lost weight when my then boyfriend was not into exercise. He was super critical every time I went for a walk, stopped saying I was beautiful and called me "fit" instead, and started wanting me to wear a giant, shapeless coat anytime that we went somewhere. He always did like heavy women, so I can't blame him. He gained about 50 pounds after we broke up, started wearing sweatpants, and married someone who dresses similarly.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    I blame myself for getting fat because it is MY fault. I was lazy, didn't care, and just ate whatever I wanted because I thought losing weight was "too hard". I had given up before even starting. It was a vicious cycle because I would hate myself and blame myself then hate myself for hating myself, etc.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I recently ran into an "Ex" who has gained a WHOLE LOT of weight. She sent me an e-mail claiming "When you & I broke up I couldn't go to the gym anymore, too many bad memories, so I just ate"

WTF!?? Yeah right! Thats like me blaming my weight gain on the "Little Debbie Snack cakes" for making their treats so delicious

"Whole Lot", like 20 pounds or 50 pounds?
  • crenner07
    crenner07 Posts: 36
    I blame myself for my weight gain. Sure, there are a lot of reasons why it happened. I work full time (3rd shift) and go to college full time. Between actual classes, homework and work there wasn't a whole lot of extra time. However, I still could have cooked or at least found healthy ways to eat. I didn't. I'm now dealing with the side effects of that. The fact that there was a breakup in the middle of the weight gain really didn't play into it at all. I'm not going to blame anyone else for me gaining weight.

Sounds like a whole bunch of passive aggressive drama and no one has time for that.