Fast Food Lunch

Options

Replies

• baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Subway flatbread is awesome. I get the veggie delight with shredded cheese, no sauce. I love the cucumbers on it especially. And I get a bag of baked lays or some have the lays light which are fat free (olestra). And a sugar free lemonade!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Subway -- Veggie Delite
    Taco Bell : Fresco chicken soft taco.

If you for any reason are also watching your sodium intake, be careful of your choices because some of the things I thought were better choices were loaded with sodium, in some cases more than half a day's worth.

If you want a hamburger, stick to a plain hamburger or cheeseburger and a small frry if you absolutely must have them.
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Here are some I go with:

1) McDonald's - Southwest Salad w/Grilled Chicken and Southwest Dressing
    2) McDonald's - Grilled McWrap - Sweet Chili flavor + side salad (I go w/SW dressing for that as well)
    3) Wendy's - side salad (I usually get the pomegranate dressing), small spicy chicken nuggets, small chili
    4) There's a lot of decent options at Subway

Hope that helps!

PS The yogurt parfait at McDonald's is a good option too... either as a dessert of sorts, or as a component of a meal.

I have the Southwest Salad every day, and I find I don't even need the dressing. There's a nice lime glaze already on the salad.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    There should be a deli or salad place at the food court. Sushi is always good for a treat. Chik-Fil-A has several options; I like the Spicy Chicken with a side salad.

While you're at the mall take note of the various locations and spend a bit of time on their websites. Add to your My Foods list and you're ready for next time.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the Oven Roasted Chicken Salad with fat free honey mustard from Subway today.
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Opt for things like: subway, salads and salad bars, wraps, meat and veg burritos/soft tacos w guacamole and salsa, Asian veggie soup, sushi w miso, quiche (don't eat the pastry) and salad, even just ask a place for what you want. For example at a Mexican place they do rice, meat, veg and avo bowls. I ask for them without rice, cheese or cream, extra veg. They happily do it. It's not hard, pretend you had to pick what to make for dinner. GL
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    If you have a schlotskys near you, most of their chicken or turkey small sandwiches without cheese run around 500 calories or less. Add an unsweet ice tea or water to it. I had one a couple weeks ago and it was very filling and had lots of veggies on it. They also have salads, soups and baked potatoes. And their food is super tasty. The sodium levels are probably a little high which they will be at just about any fast food place so make sure to eat less sodium over the next couple days, drink plenty of water and eat some potassium rich foods to compensate for the salt that your body will have to take a couple extra days to process out...
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Subway is a great choice, also if you have a Panera Bread near you - they have a great new "hidden menu" that offers high protein choices for around 300 calories (http://www.panerabread.com/nc/slider1/hiddenmenu.php). Also new in season is the strawberry poppy seed salad also around 300 calories.

I highly recommend before you leave checking the nutritional info from the website and pre-selecting what you are going to order. Being aware of the calories/etc can help you to make a good choice when tempted - this works for me anyway! Like knowing that cookie has 400 calories - ahhh!!!!!! well maybe I can have 1/4 then!!!!

Good luck
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds- hamburger - 2 50
    side salad- 20
    low fat basalmic vinagareete dressing- 35
    fruit parfait- 150
    iced te a or diet soda-o
  • awoodz13
    awoodz13 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've had the honey mustard flatbread from Wendy's once or twice (without a side) and it was only 370 calories. I would stay away from the asiago flatbread though, it has a lot more calories than the honey mustard one.

I also loooove subway :).
  • XxmeetmydedicationxX
    Options
    Here are some options that I usually go for :-)

McDonald's --> Any type of salad with grilled chicken! My favorite is the Teriyaki Chicken one (the asian style)

Wendy's --> The Baja salad is amaazzzziiinnnggg :-P ..But just watch the guacamole, they usually put WAY more on than needed! (and if you're looking to cut out more calories, I would save the chilli that comes with it and have it for supper with some veggies) The Cobb salad is also really good, but I usually pick around the bacon on it.

Subway --> At Subway I usually get a giant salad with chicken and sweet onion dressing. Or you could get a 6 inch turkey breast loaded with veggies and no cheese on white Italian bread (this form of bread has the least calories at Subway ^_^)

Extreme Pita --> I get a regular grilled chicken pita loaded up with veggies and with a little bit of hot sauce in it (not for everyone, but I personally love it)

Opa --> This is one of my all time favorite places to go! I usually get the greek salad with one skewer of chicken on the side! So yummy :-P

Tokyo Express --> I usually go for the salmon roll combo here. It's really filling with the rice and there are so many health benefits to having salmon - plus it tastes delicious!!

Dairy Queen --> Surprisingly, they have a good chicken ceasar salad (pretty much the only healthy option though)

That's all I can think of for now, but good luck! xx
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    KFC grilled chicken!!!! A drumstick is only 90 calories. A thigh is only 170. A breast is 220. Total that is only 480. I usually get two drumsticks and a thigh for 350, but you can do it other ways.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Wendy's

Grilled Chicken Sandwich Plain w/ a small chili

560 cals/62 Carbs/51 Protein/15 Fat/8 Fiber

I like to dip the sandwich in the chili!
  • beepaz
    beepaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wendy's chili with a side salad! :) and tons of water!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    so many options, thanks so much!

I went for a small shrimp and salmon Cari without rice =) (small Japanese restaurant I just found)

so much food and now I feel like I am pregnant with fishies....but at least I don't feel like a grease ball and wont be hungry till dinner.

thank you everyone =)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I too like Subway as a healthy choice and they just opened one near my office that I can walk to in just a few minutes.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

i am forced to buy my lunch today and I have no idea what to get myself.

I want something healthy and filling so I can last until dinner.
    I have access to most popular chains since I work above a large mall in Montreal (the undergrounds)

Anyone have any suggestions?

I eat out for lunch nearly all the time - and I'm usually under 400.

Jimmy The Greek or any other Mediterranean place - chicken skewer (NOT schwarma) on salad, no dressing, with cheese and side of tzatziki - likely around 300 calories if you get it like I do and fat mostly in the greek yogurt of the tzatziki. Adding dressing can also add 2-300 calories.

Freshwest or Chipotle or another burrito shop - Inside out burrito or salad (no tortilla) with chicken if you want meat, or go veggie. I go veggie with no cheese or sour cream, but WITH guacamole.

In a pinch, McDonalds and Wendys have some options. I'm partial to the grilled chicken at Wendy's WITHOUT the honey mustard.

I also hit Manchu Wok (or Panda Garden for Americans?) regularly for a grilled spiced chicken on stir fried bean sprouts. Careful, some franchises only have fried and battered food, but the mixed veg on rice wouldn't be horrible.

Middle Eastern / Lebanese veggie plates can work nicely; tahini is relatively low in calories, but stay away from the garlic sauce. Taboulli is a fantastic source of parsley... I mean potassium.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken sandwich , no bun wrap in lettuce, no may , extra tomatoes..
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Subway is my favorite!!! In fact I had it today.....

Italian Herb and Cheese Bread, Ham, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Onion, Oil & Vinegar with a little salt & pepper :love:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Subway as others have said, however any place that you can get grilled chicken and some sort of salad will do. Most fast food places have that now. Check out their websites and you'll be able to pick out something good I'm sure.