3 month progress (PICS!!!)

Options
bonitacash08
bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
MyCollage_1-2_zpsc2ffc4f1.jpg

The first image is from 2/15/2013 about 169 lbs

The second image is from 3/6/2013 about 165 lbs

The third image is from today! around 162 lbs

I started Stronglifts 5x5 last month and immediately gained about 5 lbs that just started to move this past week.

**I started at 180 and I really wish I would have taken pics at that point but I didn't..

Replies

• chepurner
    chepurner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wao gal! very impressive results in only three months! Congratulations!
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great girl!!
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Thanks!

It took a lot for me to actually take these pics, let alone post them online. At 5'4", 180 is entirely too much to weigh. I've tried losing weight (read: crash dieting) in the past but of course it never worked. I'm honestly not sure what made it stick this time but I'm glad it did!

I originally had a goal weight of 140 lbs but I think I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and see where I end up!
  • cupcakes1107
    cupcakes1107 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you been using MFP the whole time? Let me know about your journey any bad days? YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Have you been using MFP the whole time? Let me know about your journey any bad days? YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!

Thanks! Yep MFP has been the biggest factor in my success. The information I've found here has really helped me a lot. I used to try eating really low cal or weight loss pills.

I've definitely had bad days where I've wanted to eat waaaay too much or nothing at all. In a nutshell, I try to eat between 1600-1900 calories per day. I work out about 3 times a week at the gym lifting heavy. I get cardio in by walking with my coworkers every day at lunch and also getting out with my dog every day. That's about it! Just hard work, common sense, and patience will get you where you need to be (or at least on the way)
  • LDobbs24
    LDobbs24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great! You can really tell a difference in the tummy area. I started Stronglifts 5x5 about a month ago, so your results are really inspiring.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Such an incredible change for 3 months! Way to go!!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Thanks! 3 months and only a difference of 7 lbs!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! High 5 on the heavy lifting!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Very nice. I really hope to get into heavy lifting soon. I still want to drop some weight first. You look great!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Very nice. I really hope to get into heavy lifting soon. I still want to drop some weight first. You look great!

There's no reason to wait! You'll find that you'll burn fat a lot faster if you incorporate lifting with whatever it is that you're doing already. Trust me, you'll love it!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT!! nice progress
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    Very Inspiring ! My stomach is shaped just like your first picture, chubby pouch only in the middle but slim sides. My pudge is all in the the middle and never budges ! Your stomach looks awesome ! how did you get to that point ??
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Very Inspiring ! My stomach is shaped just like your first picture, chubby pouch only in the middle but slim sides. My pudge is all in the the middle and never budges ! Your stomach looks awesome ! how did you get to that point ??

I used to do literally hundreds of crunches every day to no avail. I didn't start seeing real progress in my pudge til I started doing compound lifts. I really felt my abs working hard in squats, overhead press, well shoot basically the whole Stronglifts program. You have to tighten EVERYTHING in order to get through it.
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome, look at those abs! Now if I could just get mine to look that good...
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Looking really slim!
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    wow fantastic results! you abs look amazing!
  • JHWyche
    JHWyche Posts: 1
    Options
    It good to stay focues and we we hopefully will all have that desire as you do to be proud of our success. you are really doing well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!