i dont like veggies....help?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynseytaylo
    lynseytaylo Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I will try roasting some vegtables. I always liked the look of the mediteranian style ones but just didnt think i would like them and soups too i will have a go. then theres always holding my nose and swallowing it down. lol.

I feel sorry for my mum now having 25 years of putting up with my fussy eating!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I would strongly suggest to begin incorporating healthier, high volume, low calorie foods into your meals. If you don't like raw vegetables, try adding a few seasoned ones to a dish, like beef stew. Over time your taste buds will get more sensitive and vegetables won't taste so bad. Some of them will even start to taste good. Substitute fruit for the time being.

Another trick: add shredded carrot and unsweetened applesauce to baked goods and carrots to cook the carrot with the ground beef in bolognese meat sauce. You won't even taste it !
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I will just say to you what I say to my kids: "get over it, it's good for you, now eat it"

I complete agree with you. Do you hate being fat or eating veggies worse? I suggest you eat your veggies.
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Smoothies and raw juices are a great way to get fruit and veges especially if you don't like them. You can also throw in flax and yogurt to make it more filling and healthier.

This a great idea. My daughter juices because she is not a huge fan of veggies but the right mixtures of fruit and veggies to offer some sweetness works wonders. She has been very successful with weight loss
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a fussy eater too. And I don't like ANY veggies except corn - which really isn't a veggie at all. So... my dietician recommended Good Greens bars. They taste just like a candy bar and include ALL of your days requirements of both vegetables and fruits as well as a healthy dose of protein. I like the Chocolate Mint or Chocolate Raspberry flavors -- my husband loves the Chocolate Peanut. We have them every morning for breakfast along with a Greek yogurt. An added bonus is that since we feel like we're starting the day with a candy bar, we don't crave sweets the rest of the day!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I will try roasting some vegtables. I always liked the look of the mediteranian style ones but just didnt think i would like them and soups too i will have a go. then theres always holding my nose and swallowing it down. lol.

I feel sorry for my mum now having 25 years of putting up with my fussy eating!

Go for it! It will benefit not only you but your extremely cute little one! Good luck.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    im a busy mum with a full time shift job and i really havnt got time to do 60 mins of cardio. Im tring to squeeze in maybe 15-20 mins where i can. As for the calorie counting, thats what has been recommended on the website when i entered all my details.

Did you say you wanted to lose 2lbs a week? If you're only trying to lose 22 lbs, that's not really a realistic goal. Setting it for 1lb a week and eating at that calorie level will be healthier and easier to stick to.

Shoot for 30 minutes of consecutive cardio, you don't need an hour. Alternate that with resistance training - you don't want to lose muscle when losing weight, just fat.

skinnytaste.com, eatingwell.com, emilybites.com, and SkinnyMom's Pinterest boards are all good resources to start with.