Smoking Pot Can Actually Make You Thin

Replies

• tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    In that case I should weight 80 lbs.
  • the1andonlyrm
    the1andonlyrm Posts: 10 Member
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.

I smoke pot - DAILY. I am motivated, I have a great job and make good money. I buy groceries... Lots of them. All healthy ones too. Guess that train of thought was off...

same goes for me and i have a 9 yr old
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Lol, probably for me because weed made me sleepy and it's hard to eat when you're sleeping.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    IMO the stereotype for weed smokers is off. I know a lot of weeds smokers that work full time, have families and are thin. When I was in high school (many moons ago) I was a pot head to the point I earned the nick name "Airhead" even though I graduated 2nd in my class. I played basketball, volleyball and I was a cheerleader. Couldn't tell by looking at me now but I was not lazy when I was smoking. I think it gets bad press because it's something the government can't regulate therefore can't tax. Just my opinion.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny
    Subjective. There have been more that enough Music artists that work hard daily that smoke who are successful.
    2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.
    Not in Cali!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member

Seriously, just say no.

I smoke pot no loss of motivation i work out 5 days a week. I have a career as an Senior auto liability adjuster = $54.500/ year. I can afford groceries. No jail time.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    never started drugs (beer excluded) and never will, the only fatty i am associated with is about 60 lbs ago
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Don't all of you wish? My oldest daughter put on almost 100 pounds by smoking pot.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Wait.......................what? *sound of water bong hit*..............ummmmmmmm..................yeah man:ohwell:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I know lawyers, CEO's, musicians and more who smoke weed

About the thin stuff, I don't buy it. I've been losing "weight", building muscle and my fridge is stocked, scale barely budges... if anything, most people would say that they pig out post-smokage...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member

Seriously, just say no.

Complete and utter nonsense.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Smoke all the dope you want.
    Don't worry about the chemicals.
    As long as you eat clean, you're good.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    pure stupidity- ever heard of the munchies
    good luck in jail..............where u will gain weight
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member

The vast majority of pot smokers are college kids

I wonder how much that skewed the numbers
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I think this is absolutely true, provided that while smoking pot you are creating a calorie deficit.

Just as punching yourself in the face can help you lose weight, provided you are creating a calorie deficit.

Please don't steal that. It's from my upcoming book "Punch Yourself in the Face and Lose Weight Now"
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    So does Heroin. I guess drugs must be healthy after all! :wink:

HAHAHA
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    So does meth, but I won't be grabbing that anytime soon!
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    I'm going to say that there's a pretty good chance that there's less instances of obesity in cannabis users simply because it is a matter of oral fixation. You're not typically eating while you're smoking. Smoking is taking the place of some other form of oral fixation such as eating and therefore creates less time eating and more time feeling lovely. :bigsmile:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Weed raises your estrogen. Have fun with your gyno and no gains, bros :laugh:
    arnold-fumando.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Seriously, just say no.

debbie+downer.jpg
This discussion has been closed.