• pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of pot smokers are college kids

That's absolutely not true.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think this is absolutely true, provided that while smoking pot you are creating a calorie deficit.

Just as punching yourself in the face can help you lose weight, provided you are creating a calorie deficit.

Please don't steal that. It's from my upcoming book "Punch Yourself in the Face and Lose Weight Now"

DAMNIT! If you hadn't told me not to steal that....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of pot smokers are college kids

85% of statistics are made up.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I think this is absolutely true, provided that while smoking pot you are creating a calorie deficit.

Just as punching yourself in the face can help you lose weight, provided you are creating a calorie deficit.

Please don't steal that. It's from my upcoming book "Punch Yourself in the Face and Lose Weight Now"
    Please make sure you release it on audio book as well. I can't read.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.

Reefer Madness all up in here... Seriously, a lot of research has been done between now and the 1930's. Can we move on already??
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of smoking for fear of inhaling will cause me to cough up a lung. Does it come in pill form? :laugh:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I'm terribly sorry, but there are very detailed, full color diagrams on correct punching technique that would not translate well to the audio book format.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of smoking for fear of inhaling will cause me to cough up a lung. Does it come in pill form? :laugh:

Actually, it does.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    so will meth...
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options

This literally made me LOL...at work...
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Seriously, just say no.

Your view on pot is kind of humorus. Some of my best friends smoke pot and hold high paying, room for advancement jobs. They all have great ambition, they set their mind to things and they acheive them. 2 of them graduated with masters in both Engineering and in Comp Sci. (they did the classes at the same time) Both were 1st and 2nd in their classes.... so no smoking pot does not always mean loss of motivation at all.
    The rest of them are all successful in what ever they do. Some own business' some are managers, some are accountants. I am the one that doesn't smoke pot, and I am the one that has no motivation for things, I am the one that is sitting on my *kitten* not doing what I want and I am the one that is in a job currently that doesn't look like it is going anywhere.

You should really expand your views.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I'm terribly sorry, but there are very detailed, full color diagrams on correct punching technique that would not translate well to the audio book format.
    Screw diagrams. Just make it a big picture book I can put on my coffee table.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Total nonsense indeed. I smoke daily. I have a job and have been with the same company for 6.5 years including 2 promotions that equaled a total increase in pay of $20k/year. I buy groceries weekly and am definitely not skinny. Have never been arrested and haven't even gotten a speeding ticket in 15 years.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Take Meth. Results are quicker...
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah no...

Fat people shouldn't smoke weed. They could do coke though. I smoked maybe ten times before I realized the munchies was God's horrible way of punishing me for doing drugs.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Seriously, just say no.

I smoke pot - DAILY. I am motivated, I have a great job and make good money. I buy groceries... Lots of them. All healthy ones too. Guess that train of thought was off...

When I smoked, I was REALLY thin, like underweight. When I quit, I gained weight (too much). I was also athletic, a great student, and worked 30 hours a week while in school. Everyone is different.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    ◄ omg, this site has everything...
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    More likely it was the food and lack of exercise that made her gain the weight.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    if thats the case, i still choose to do it the old fashioned blood, sweat and tears way, TYVM :wink:
This discussion has been closed.