Smoking Pot Can Actually Make You Thin

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Just my random morning thoughts:

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

2. Smoking pot = jail time = 1200 calories of white bread baloney sandwiches (which are taken away by stronger inmates) = skinny.

Sounds like a good weight loss strategy (not).

Seriously, just say no.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Total nonsense indeed. I smoke daily. I have a job and have been with the same company for 6.5 years including 2 promotions that equaled a total increase in pay of $20k/year. I buy groceries weekly and am definitely not skinny. Have never been arrested and haven't even gotten a speeding ticket in 15 years.

yup, deadbeat over here with a ms in counseling and a fulltime job and own apartment.
    oh, wait...

where do you get your information from? way to come off as an ignorant fool.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Any idea if they could just extract the thc (and whatever else contributes to the desired effect) and make pills?

Seems to me we could deliver the medical benefits in a more controlled and healthier manner than smoking.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Colorado has the most active residents, some of the lowest obesity numbers, and I'd say a solid 80% of us smoke weed regularly..... burnouts will be burnouts regardless of the substances they use ... everyone knows a drunk who is just as lame as the local lazy stoner...

Most of the people I know that are regular pot smokers are active, outdoorsy, fit and beautiful. Also, really awesome people to hang around with.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Smoking pot made me lose weight...

When I laced it with meth! :noway:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Any idea if they could just extract the thc (and whatever else contributes to the desired effect) and make pills?

Seems to me we could deliver the medical benefits in a more controlled and healthier manner than smoking.

i've had thc pills from calfornia before. they're freaking awesome
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Big Pharma is working on it. Why grow something for free when big pharma is ready to sell you the pills. If aspirin grew on trees it would be illegal.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Now if only the stuff didn't make you stoned.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

They do. It's called Marinol.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few people that smoke weed, one that actually competes and she is gorgeous! I really think there is nothing wrong with smoking it.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Colorado has the most active residents, some of the lowest obesity numbers, and I'd say a solid 80% of us smoke weed regularly..... burnouts will be burnouts regardless of the substances they use ... everyone knows a drunk who is just as lame as the local lazy stoner...

Most of the people I know that are regular pot smokers are active, outdoorsy, fit and beautiful. Also, really awesome people to hang around with.

This!!!!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Yes, it's already been done and it's on the market. DOCTORS prescribe it for patients including people going through cancer treatment.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    They have synthetic THC already (nabilone or something like that).

But anyone can make there own THC pills - extract the THC from the weed into some cooking oil (coconut for example - tons of info on Google about this). Then pack some gel caps with THC infused oil.

Not sure how youd figure out dose though
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

i've had thc pills from calfornia before. they're freaking awesome

I wonder then why that isn't the standard route for treating medical conditions. Surely medical marijuana would be a non-issue if it were dispensed by a pharmacy alongside pain killers and other controlled substances.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I can't...I just can't...I had a whole verbal spew written out and deleted it. Carry on with your "drugs are bad" but don't forget to pick up your prescription drugs on your way home, and a bottle of rye to wash it down with.

^^^ This! Except you forgot the cigarettes to go with your pills and booze! :flowerforyou:
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I smoke for weightless.. That's it...

But for serious, anyone showing up equating pot to heroin and meth are just being outlandish. Come on now, people, comparing marijuana to opiates and/or amphetamines is like comparing apples to pickup trucks.

If you don't want to smoke pot then don't. But please don't assume everyone who does it exactly the same or fits into your stereotypes.
    thankyou for saying this pot should never be compared to any thing else it grows its affects are not remotely even close to that manmade manufactured dangerous chemical crap! :bigsmile:
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Yes, it's already been done and it's on the market. DOCTORS prescribe it for patients including people going through cancer treatment.

Also prescribed to AIDS patients. Have a friend that's been living with AIDS for 30 years and those pills and smoking are the only pain relief he has been able to find that work for him.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    They make the vaporizer pens now. They're kind of like the electronic cigarettes. You buy thc drops to put into them. No smoke, no odor.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    "...The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We’ll all stay skinny ’cause we just won’t eat..."

:drinker:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Not to mention that our 4 major cities are all in the top ten fittest cities in the country.

Miss K, I'm just going to go ahead and let myself believe you were talking about me. *bats eyes*
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    In b4 the lock

sam-LOL.gif

berneydidnotread.gif
This discussion has been closed.