Insanity... has anyone done it?

Options

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I'm now on day 4 of Month 2, month 2 is HAAAARRDDDD!!! Some of the moves are really awkward and weighing 195lbs doesn't help when trying to do these explosive moves. But I'm trying and finishing each workout with amazing calories burned, plus my muscles are sore so it's definitly toning me up :) I did Max Cardio Conditioning yesterday and literally called Shaun T a jerk during the workout, haha. Oh and in the first workout of month 2 Max Interval Circuit he says "I do this because I like killing people" um...I don't doubt that with the moves he comes up with for these DVDs!

LOL.. I am I have 7 more workout days and I think I call him names daily.. i am dig deeper so my muscles have been burning non stop.. Was going to do another round right after this but I think I will do an Insanity/Hip Hop Abs hybrid to give my muscles a rest. I love Insanity.. would recommend it to anyone.. You just have to keep going and not quit..
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is it free like stronglifts?

It's not free, but between Amazon, Craigslist, and the like, you can usually find used copies somewhere. I got a new in the box set off of Craigslist for super cheap last month.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I didn't add any stories to my post.....

Day 1 fit test I asked myself "WHY am I voluntarily doing this AGAIN?!" O_O haha

When phase 2 started I wanted to cry, or throw up, or pass out...or some combo of the 3. The 3 days after the first workout in phase 2 was the only time I got sore. I hardly ever get sore so that was a badge of honor for me :)

And yesterday (day 47) Was Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs - but if you have the deluxe set you can sub the Insane Abs for Cardio Abs. It was my brilliant idea to do the substitution for last night and my guy LET me. WTF was he thinking?!?! It was hard...but I liked it.

There have been several days of cussing at the TV (as if Shaun T can hear my expletives I throw at him telling him where he can shove that particular move). Buckets of sweat, some aches and pains, and noodle muscles that want to buckle when you try to use them. But every single moment of Insanity has been a challenge that is bringing me closer to my fitness goals. :love:

Have you noticed any differences in looks yet?
  • ktarter22
    ktarter22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! I did the program after I had my 2nd child . Lost 15 lbs within the 1st 6 weeks!! I was not monitoring my diet dud to breastfeeding. If ya have any questions about it feel free to add me! I'm about to start another round on Monday!!
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    done it and going to do it again! feel free to add me

I'm also a beachbody coach if you want to know more about Insanity or anything else msg me!

I lost 24lbs doing Insanity, hockey, and running along with two a days.....

I get asked all the time about how I lost the weight.....
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity! Just started a new round of it Sunday. A couple years ago I used it to train for a sprint triathlon :)

Friend me if you're looking for support :)
  • ancutz
    ancutz Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello all, I just started Insanity, I am on Day 2 ( Day 3 if I include the Fit Test) and looking forward to see what the future brings. I did a round of P90X Classic before starting Insanity and it helped me build my strenght. However, I feel that Insanity is a tougher workout than P90X and I felt really challenged in these 2 days.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love how the one lady in the the month 1 dvd series (she is the one who does not wear just a sports bra, but has an actual tank top on and i believe she said she was 40) mouthed to the camera during a water break "This is not WORTH IT."

LOL! it is nice that they're struggling with you!!!

I'm on day 41/63! woohoo!!
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I love how the one lady in the the month 1 dvd series (she is the one who does not wear just a sports bra, but has an actual tank top on and i believe she said she was 40) mouthed to the camera during a water break "This is not WORTH IT."

LOL! it is nice that they're struggling with you!!!

I'm on day 41/63! woohoo!!

Well done!! Thats hilarious and slightly comforting. I can't wait to start it!

Whats peoples inch loss been like? When do you start noticing the loss?
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I will finish Insanity tomorrow. I started it about 1 month after giving birth to my 5th child. Halfway through (last time I did measurements) I lost 14.5 inches. I will be measuring again tomorrow after I have completed the program and I will post my final results here if I think of it. I have also lost 14lbs and my endurance and strength has gone up tremendously. Awesome program. Definitely challenging but so worth it!
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I will finish Insanity tomorrow. I started it about 1 month after giving birth to my 5th child. Halfway through (last time I did measurements) I lost 14.5 inches. I will be measuring again tomorrow after I have completed the program and I will post my final results here if I think of it. I have also lost 14lbs and my endurance and strength has gone up tremendously. Awesome program. Definitely challenging but so worth it!

Was that 14lbs halfway through or now? Did you have lots to lose in the first place? Yeah try and remember it, it will be interesting to know. Well done btw you've done great!!
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 90 days of it.. the first 30 days were rough, but I made it thought. Did Max the second month, and then did a mix of the two for the last month. There was no prouder moment for me than when I got my INSANITY t-shirt in the mail. I lost well over 30lbs doing it. LOVE IT.:love: . but be careful if you have any sort of joint issues. I am actually going to start a new 30 day challenge of it in the next couple of days (waiting for it to come back from a friend) My husband is starting it and I decided to do it, too.
  • msstatz
    Options
    The 14 lbs is as of now. The 14.5 inches is as of the middle of April. I'm hoping/expecting to lose more inches and I will find out tomorrow when I measure again. I did not have a whole lot to lose. In fact, I am 1 lb away from my goal weight (125) and I have a feeling I will hit that tomorrow. I started out at 140.4 and as of this morning I was 126.0.
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Am in week 6 of the program, i dont have much weight to loose.Till now am seeing great results my body feels tighen and firmer.My bum has lift too.Insanity is a challenge workout, its great!
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    The 14 lbs is as of now. The 14.5 inches is as of the middle of April. I'm hoping/expecting to lose more inches and I will find out tomorrow when I measure again. I did not have a whole lot to lose. In fact, I am 1 lb away from my goal weight (125) and I have a feeling I will hit that tomorrow. I started out at 140.4 and as of this morning I was 126.0.

Thats amazing... I want to lose 15lbs to be what I want to be (I think although I may want skinnier lol) so that might be achievable just doing the insanity workout then. Did you do any kind of eating program etc?
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Is it free like stronglifts?

Was for me! I borrowed it from a friend, and she even printed out copies of the fit test and calendar for me :)
  • msstatz
    Options

Thats amazing... I want to lose 15lbs to be what I want to be (I think although I may want skinnier lol) so that might be achievable just doing the insanity workout then. Did you do any kind of eating program etc?

I did not follow an eating plan per say but I did track calories and eat very cleanly. I try to keep my macros in the following %: protein=40%, carbs=40% and fat=20%. I really had to up my protein from what I had been eating previously. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 3 (my rest day is tomorrow!), it's been an intense 3 weeks, but the results are amazing. I haven't lost a lot of weight, 5 ish pounds, but I have lost inches in both my hips and waist. Great program and when I'm done, I'm going to try and incorporate some of the workouts in with my running.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I did not follow an eating plan per say but I did track calories and eat very cleanly. I try to keep my macros in the following %: protein=40%, carbs=40% and fat=20%. I really had to up my protein from what I had been eating previously. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I don't get what you mean with all that =S
  • msstatz
    Options

I don't get what you mean with all that =S

MFP sets your macronutrients (carbs, protein and fat) so that you have a goal % to reach each day. I tweaked mine according to the Insanity nutrition guide to get more protein and less carbs for optimal results. I also eat very clean (very little processed foods-no crackers, cereal, granola bars, etc). Does that help a little bit? :)