1234568»

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    According to a recent study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOW7cFrY55c&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Aaaaaannnnndddd.... discuss

Then, pray tell, why does it give someone the case of the killer munchies. Last time I did it in college, I inhaled a large pizza hut pizza.
  • sznnn
    sznnn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of smoking for fear of inhaling will cause me to cough up a lung. Does it come in pill form? :laugh:

Actually, it does.

And cookie and cake and brownie and fudge and butter form. :) Just log those calories. :wink:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to why pot is called a drug. I'm being serious, I have never done the chemical breakdown or anything so I am curious to know. Isn't it just a plant? Is there something else added that qualifies it as a drug? Heroin and meth are made up of a concoction of various chemicals, I understand that. Isn't pot just dried herbs?

Ok, I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, here's the quick answer.

What makes cannabis a drug is the fact that it contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which is the main psychoactive ingredient in the plant. It's found concentrated on the bud, as opposed to the leaves, branches, stems and stalk of the plant. In order to activate the chemical, it needs to be heated up, whether it's smoked, vaporized or cooked.

I knew it had something to do with THC but that grows naturally in the plant. It is supposed to be there as nature intended. What I'm saying is I see a lot of people compare pot to meth and heroin and there really isn't a comparison if there are no chemical additives. Right? I was being serious, I'm just trying to follow their logic on classifying it in the same category as meth and heroin.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Any idea if they could just extract the thc (and whatever else contributes to the desired effect) and make pills?

Seems to me we could deliver the medical benefits in a more controlled and healthier manner than smoking.

i've had thc pills from calfornia before. they're freaking awesome

I wonder then why that isn't the standard route for treating medical conditions. Surely medical marijuana would be a non-issue if it were dispensed by a pharmacy alongside pain killers and other controlled substances.
    Because our government is run by a bunch of people who like to rely on data from the 1800's and early 1900's, saying it's a "gateway drug" and like nonsense. THC has been PROVEN to be effective in treatments of various diseases, but the government still wants to institute prohibition on us. I wrote a paper about it for school last year.

Yea, but the government is also pretty heavily against opiates for general use, but are just fine with them being used appropriately under supervision.
    THC pills can't be worse than some of those pain killers.
    Well, they have developed it in pill form and it is available in some areas, though not all. I agree with another poster, though, who said that the likely outcome is that the drug will actually become (more) addictive (I don't find it to be addictive in the sense that other things truly are) if the government is able to regulate it.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would like to know how many pot cookies I have to eat to get some results?!

Also, not illegal everywhere anymore.

:smokin:
  • FCHW
    FCHW Posts: 35
    Options
    Smoking pot doesn't necessarily do that to everyone.
    It can ward off stress induced obesity because you are less stressed and there fore, less cortisol and therefore less fat on your body. It will NOT help you get fit though, that's for sure.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

1. Smoking pot = loss of motivation = no or dead end job = no money = can't afford groceries = skinny

Just plain ignorant statement.

Do you know how many people that YOU know smoke pot and just don't know it? Do you know how many wealthy, successful people smoke pot?

Do you assume people smoke pot all day long when the majority consume it just as some consume alcohol? Evenings, weekends, socially...etc.

:noway:
This discussion has been closed.