How do you make close friends on MFP?

Options
12346»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It just happens. I've got people on here whom I can count on more than my real life see em every week friends
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I don't know how. No one likes me :cry:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know how. No one likes me :cry:

Same here. :cry:
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Send people nude pics, then they'll like you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In for more whining, 'cause the threads have been so inspiring again . . .

Here's a thought, if you want friends then be a friend.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I ask them to add me on FB. Then you start getting to know them as a whole person, not just their fitness side. To me it's a much better connection. Plus, some of the girls I've made friends with I've been working with for the past 6 months or a year so that made us closer. I've made some very good friends on this site!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have zero filled out on your profile and you don't have any pictures of yourself at all so how are people expected to connect to you if they have no idea who you are?
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I read blogs and read posts about people having invaluable friends and support with people on MFP. Now I love my friends on here. They always provide positive feedback to my status' and I try to do the same. But I wouldn't consider them close. How do you use MFP to get I guess get more intimate and individualized support. Should I just start sending people messages and seeing who responds? How did you get close with people on here?

How do you become close to anyone in real life? Its the same thing.

People think to become close you have to have something in common. I think otherwise. My closest friend here is a 60 years old grandma from south who is a dentist. I'm a 29 years old creep from Asia. We have NOTHING in common yet she is invaluable to me because she has helped me stay on track when everything in life told me not to.

Just talk. Share what you got and sooner or later, you'll find people who will gladly help you out. You of course should help them out too because its a 2 way street

OMG, I love this! What a great example of friendship! We don't always handpick our friends...It just kind of happens I think. You can't expect others to make the first move...be original...get out there and show your enthusiasm for fitness and life and people will draw to it like a moth to a flame:) I am meeting and becoming closer to some amazing people on MFP. Don't be afraid to become closer to older people, like us 40+ crowd...we tend to value and appreciate the struggle more than most;)
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I read blogs and read posts about people having invaluable friends and support with people on MFP. Now I love my friends on here. They always provide positive feedback to my status' and I try to do the same. But I wouldn't consider them close. How do you use MFP to get I guess get more intimate and individualized support. Should I just start sending people messages and seeing who responds? How did you get close with people on here?

How do you become close to anyone in real life? Its the same thing.

People think to become close you have to have something in common. I think otherwise. My closest friend here is a 60 years old grandma from south who is a dentist. I'm a 29 years old creep from Asia. We have NOTHING in common yet she is invaluable to me because she has helped me stay on track when everything in life told me not to.

Just talk. Share what you got and sooner or later, you'll find people who will gladly help you out. You of course should help them out too because its a 2 way street

OMG, I love this! What a great example of friendship! We don't always handpick our friends...It just kind of happens I think. You can't expect others to make the first move...be original...get out there and show your enthusiasm for fitness and life and people will draw to it like a moth to a flame:) I am meeting and becoming closer to some amazing people on MFP. Don't be afraid to become closer to older people, like us 40+ crowd...we tend to value and appreciate the struggle more than most;)
    ^^^ yes; I'm 21 && loveeeee this lady :)
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Text them everyday for a year. lol

(true story)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    One lady lived where I was vacationing and I posted where I was going and she said or I said lets meet and we did. Another lady had abusive parents who were mean to her about her weight and we connected. It is people you click with or have something in common. Another lady had been mistreated at church and so had I, we connected. And it goes on and on. You have to put your personal stuff out there and someone has been thru it also, good support.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Junk pics and inappropriate comments
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!