• Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet mmmmmmmm, that's what I'm thinking
    YES.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I had one of those on Saturday. I had been craving a specific meal from Longhorn for several weeks and finally went and had it. I also had been craving cake with nuts and had a slice from the local bakery the same day. Mentally and emotionally I was fine with the decision - no guilt, remorse, etc. However, physically I felt awful and it reminded me why I don't like to over eat.

I am afraid that is how I would feel.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Hogging Up BBQ & Music Festival

Address
    155 Fairground Road
    Cleark Brook , VA 22624

http://hoggingup.wordpress.com/

your welcome

LOL! You are too much!
    THANKS!
  • thezenphoenix
    thezenphoenix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you ask me you can't take out all of the foods that you love every once and awhile you still need to eat this or else you'll go insane and eat everything in sight! That's why I add chocolate like once a week and so on. You can do it!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I planned a cheat day on my birthday. I worked my way through 5,000 calories, broke a plateau, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

It quashed all my carb cravings, and I posted my first loss in three weeks. I went straight back to a 500 calorie deficit the next day and have since lost another 10 pounds.

Just plan it, set a limit if you want to (maintenance, maintenance + 500, whatever you want to). Just plan, and explicitly tell yourself 'my goal today is to satisfy my cravings so I can continue with my weight loss tomorrow and beyond'.

You shouldn't feel guilty about food.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Hogging Up BBQ & Music Festival

Address
    155 Fairground Road
    Cleark Brook , VA 22624

http://hoggingup.wordpress.com/

your welcome

LOL! You are too much!
    THANKS!
    I may really have to check that out....looks like a good time.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I cut out a lot of things that I used to eat, but if I am craving something I will tell myself if I can wait until tomorrow I can have it. Getting up the next day I know that I am going to have it so I will work a bit harder so that I don't get upset with myself. (the arguments are terrible) :laugh:
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    I did a pasta binge recently and felt so sick after. This will probably happen to you if you eat a bunch of foods your not used too. I also agree that if you just portion what you eat you can pretty much eat whatever on certain days and hopefully that will help your cravings.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did it and my body did not thank me for over eating. I learned its better to work it into your day and enjoy it than to binge on it feel sick afterward and regret it. Now if I want chocolate I have chocolate or ice cream or whatever. I don't eat a litre of ice cream but I can have a small bowl of it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've had a lot of major eating extravaganzas (weddings, showers, pig roasts, and other assorted parties) over the past couple years I've been here, and never once felt physically ill from those indulgences. Maybe that's because I've never completely cut out anything. I don't often have burgers, but I have them often enough that a big juicy burger isn't going to be a total shock to my system.

Although I did feel a bit queazy while sampling a piece of pig's brain, but that was just because I realized, "This is brain. In my mouth."
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Every time I hit a 10 pound goal, i get to have a cheat meal...but i try to work it into my day. I haven't really "removed" anything from my food plan, just how and when I eat it.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have three days a week when I go over my cals. Count them, three. All planned.

The key to success at weight loss is low deprivation. You have to have things you like or you will fail. I've always hit my weight goals as well.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

The key to success at weight loss is low deprivation. You have to have things you like or you will fail. I've always hit my weight goals as well.

There isn't just one key to unlock weight loss. We are all different and different strategies work for different people. I'm an all or nothing kind of person. Moderation doesn't work for me, because I always go over board.

The problem with my kind of personality is that it leads to burn out. I've learned to just keep switching things up. I was vegan for a year, I did the Body For Life Challenge for most of 2003-2004, I participated in a body building physique contest, took up Yoga and Pilates for a couple of years, and now I'm pursuing cycling as my current fitness hobby to keep myself in shape.

I don't know how to do moderation. The best I can hope for is frequent life style alteration.
  • stephysmile03
    Options
    I found that when I allow a cheat day i have several of them and have a hard time getting back to eating right. I begin to crave them all over them. That is where I am now. The end of the school came and went with lots of junk food included. I ate it here and there...way more then I should have and gained 5 pounds in a matter of days (That drives me nuts!) Now I am back to fighting off cravings and making up the ground I have lose. Need all the motivation and support I can get. Tomorrow is another day and time to start over again.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day every week. I don't stuff myself but I do eat things that I love even if they are higher in calories that day.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My friend and I split a cupcake the other day --still within our calories...

I had a Starbucks Frap the other night and remained a little under.

Plan you days and treat yourself!

Heck, if you want to, you could allow yourself a cheat everyday.

You'll find you won't go craving everything under the sun if you don't strike it from your daily life.

During the week I pretty much eat the same thing at work. When I come in in the morning I log my meals for what I'm going to eat that day, and if I'm craving a sweet treat I plan and work it in.

That way at the end of the night you're not depleted of your calorie allowance and craving something.

Solid advice. I eat pretty much the same thing on weekdays. On the weekends I eat what I want, as long as it fits in my calorie range, I get enough protein, and keep working out.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Every time I hit a 10 pound goal, i get to have a cheat meal...but i try to work it into my day. I haven't really "removed" anything from my food plan, just how and when I eat it.

Your ticker pic is cracking me up lol :)
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmm i've noticed that when i reduced the amount of sugar in my blood and kept it low throughtout the day i didnt have any cravings.
    So now i try to keep low blood sugar everyday and its been working for far.
    I am on my 6th day without any cravings which to me is almost impossible cause i use to have cravings every day.
    Really bad cravings too.
    So i am so pleased they are gone.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree with many who have said to work things into your daily goals; it has helped me figure out what normal portions are and realize that they are just as satisfying.

That said, I do a splurge day once a week where I eat whatever I want and don't log. What I don't do is eat everything in sight just because I'm not logging it. I just let go of thinking about calories, don't log, and eat exactly what I want. I have much better control during the week by saying, "that doesn't fit today, but I can have it on Saturday."

A couple of times when I've really felt burnt out I upped my calories to maintenance for the week.

I'm sure this wouldn't work for everybody, but for me, so far so good.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's called binge eating.