Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    if it happens it happens... not like most people notice or even care.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have this problem at times, too. I just stopped caring. If people want to stare, they can stare. Nipples are part of the human body...we've all got'em! So no reason to be embarrassed. :)
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    everyone's talking about padded sports bras... I'm trying to find ways so that I wont have to wear a bra. even the built-in ones in shirts are uncomfortable for me
    I doubt people care about something as small as nipples, though. like as many people on here said, they're a part of the lovely human body and are nothing to be ashamed about!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The only reason this should matter is if someone notices AND says something inappropriate about it. I have noticed before, but I just keep it to myself and never stare.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem - don't worry I don't think anyone really notices/cares. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and his response was "Oh yeah! Never noticed!" Didn't know whether to be glad or slightly offended that he's stopped looking :laugh:

LOL it was the opposite with me, I used to go bra-less all the time, I was small and pert and didn't think anything of it. Years later my husband told me how obvious they were...I felt a bit embarrassed as it just didn't occur to me, oh well!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    I recently had mine ''done'' so my poor nipples are constantly erect as of right now. And then you throw sweat into the mix with a thin sports bra and top on and I am running and hiding in the back.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    LMAO I've never even thought about it. My mom thinks she failed to teach me manners anyways.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ah who cares. lol i can see the dudes nipples at the gym.

QFT

I mean, if it's a big deal to you, then maybe bandaids under the sports bra. But, it's probably a smaller deal than you feel it is. When I went to the gym, I was to engrossed in what I was doing to notice something like that.
    I cannot believe how many people recommended this. You speak knowledgeably about this--do you have any suggestions for the, er, exit strategy?

Isopropyl alcohol to denature the adhesive.
    You may have nipples, but I have hairy nipple areas, and my nips get chafed when I run. Use alcohol. I have experience in this.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to check in and say.

Love those nipples!

Yeay nipples. Time for a holiday!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No peer pressure or anything, but the lovely lady that started the "TMI-gym underwear" thread added a picture to her thread.

Just saying. :tongue:
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    nipples are hot esp in the gym. just sayin, dont know why its such a big deal
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It's more noticeable when I wear my bright coloured workout tanks I got as a gift. I used to feel uncomfortable. I got to the point that I don't care anymore. I've seen balls swinging in men's shorts so I don't think it's a big deal. It's just part of life.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    this one made me smile. I get this too, its really embarassing. I have big nipples anyway and they get totally hard when I train hard. Really noticeable. I guess I'm so red and sweaty the sweat dripping off me probably cancels out any sex appeal effect this could have on other gym members.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    My bf is a perma-nipper. I tease him all the time but that is because he is mine and I can (He teases me too).

I honestly dont think anyone cares about wether you are nippin or not. (Rub um flat if it bothers you and put on a good show.. Rofl.. Jk)

Padded sportsbras and dark tops :)
  • lovenluck
    lovenluck Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally have this problem too and am very self-conscious about it. I have no idea what to do. My husband says don't worry about it. I have one padded sports bra that seems to help a little. I am going to keep looking for padded sports bras to see if it helps.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You can see my nipples if I wear a gym tank. It's not a big deal. It's just a body part.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone's already said this (but I'm not reading 8 pages to find out.

Pics, or it didn't happen!!!
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    buy some sports tape and tape them down sports people do it all the time and the adhesive dose not lose grip with sweat its a great idea
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    buy some sports tape and tape them down sports people do it all the time and the adhesive dose not lose grip with sweat its a great idea

Are you a masochist???? =-O Having peeled tape off my sweaty heels after a run, I can tell you there are certain places you don't want to rip tape.
  • ifeelbetterworkingout
    Options
    Honestly............this happens to everyone.......and if your at the gym with people that are there to actually work out then you won't get any unwanted attention unless you bring it upon yourself.....and if a guy or girl is staring or making you uncomfortable by staring......you either ignore it or confront it......best thing....make friends at the gym....be comfortable in your own skin....quit worrying about what others think.....workout for your health and any other personal goals and let all the rest do their thing while you do yours. Motivate yourself by not thinking about biological processes you cannot control....its just human nature..........have fun at the gym...hope you attain your goals!