What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kzertuche
    kzertuche Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like a hard boiled egg, sometimes with oatmeal or a piece of wheat toast, and either a banana or a nectarine, but the fruit varies depending on the time of year.
    When I have a rare day off I will make omelets for my hubby and I using 2 eggs each, 2% cheese, and either turkey bacon or turkey chorizo with some of my awesomely good home made green chili sauce
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a must for me. I alternate between oatmeal, toast with PB and cinnamon or an egg/cheese sandwich.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have too many favorites to name them all here. I can't think of any breakfast I don't like, but scrambled eggs w/ tomatillo sauce is frequently in rotation and goes with everything in my book.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    This week I've been breaking my fast either with a steak, onion, pepper, mushroom combo or an egg scramble with eggs, veggies and sausage :)

I want this! Today I had an egg, a preservative free sausage patty and kiwi fruit, along with a 100 calorie thin bun and a glass of vitamin D whole milk. Think I'll add some veggies to the egg next time.:flowerforyou:

I'm experimenting with the 8/16 IF window and eating two large meals (11am and 6ish), and calorie wise it's working out great! I just ate and had two eggs scrambled in a tbsp of butter, with mushrooms, a bit of diced onion and bell pepper and then 4 ounces of ground sausage. Mixed the cooked eggs in and then topped with a few splashes of hot sauce and 2tbsp of regular sour cream. Then I had 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt with 1tbsp raw honey and a small banana mixed in. Total for everything is 1,008 calories, which leaves me 875 calories for a large chef's salad tonight and a piece of dark chocolate :)
  • globetrotter42
    Options
    Jane Brody multigrain pancakes made from scratch ( I add raspberries to this) with pure New England maple syrup and a cup of vanilla chai tea. After 50 minutes of spinning this fabulous.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Toast with lots of cheese but unfortunately I have it only once a week
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs on toast or peanut butter on toast
  • roxxie25
    roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    2 whole grain waffles w/ 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1/2 cup grapefruit juice. 300 calories.
  • iSarahMay
    iSarahMay Posts: 28
    Options
    100% porridge oats with water with 2 egg whites mixed in and microwaved for 3.5 minutes then I add 30 grams of Whole Earth crunchy PB and 15 grams of maple syrup.

Definitely keeps me full to lunchtime!!!
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    4 egg white omelette with a bit of every vegetable in the refrigerator, top with avocado, and dump salsa on top. Stays with me until afternoon.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My diet is pretty restricted right now. I am on a hypoallergenic diet due to having chronic hives since last December. I have gone gluten free and dairy free and egg free. But recently I discovered overnight oats.

these recipes are adapted from lauren conrads site www.laurenconrad.com
    OVERNIGHT OATS

Ingredients

2/3 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice) *** I use 1 cup and omit yogurt
    1/2 cup organic rolled oats
    1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt (I used non-fat) *** omit due to intolerance
    1 pinch of cinnamon ***

I add a half of banana, a pinch of brown sugar (cant have cinnamon). To make this dairy and gluten free, I use Only Oats pure uncontaminated oats and 1 cup almond milk or hemp milk instead of yogurt.

Sometimes I add a little less almond milk and add a tbsp of pure apple sauce. I have also thrown a tbsp of all natural peanut butter and honey in there too with a few raisins. I made half this recipe for a snack once and was full for about 4 hours LOL

Instructions

The night before you plan to eat your oats, mash banana together all of the ingredients listed above and seal in an airtight container. Refrigerate the mixture overnight (they will be ready in about 3 hours, but overnight is best).
    Wake up and enjoy the next day!

I have even thrown all these together in the blender for a delicious smoothie!!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    3 Eggs over easy
    Homefries with onions
    12 pieces of bacon
    Sausage (in any form)
    4 pieces of buttered toast
    A large glass of OJ
    Milk

That's not what I eat since joining MFP but it is my favorite :bigsmile:

Now it's 8oz low sodium V8 hot and spicy
    Plain greek yogurt with fresh blueberries
    A full bottle of cold water
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Hello Fit Friends!!

This is my simple bircher muesli recipe which I am loving at the moment!

Mix grated pear, 1/2c squeezed orange juice, 90g oats, 1/2c plain yogurt and a dash of cinnamon. Leave overnight in fridge. Top with toasted almonds and choice of fruit before serving.
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can`t have this right now but was a favourite. 3 busy girl breakfasts. Crustless quiche I made this recipe before but just added stuff and just saw it on lc`s site. another from www.laurenconrad.com

Makes 12 large muffins
    Ingredients:

muffin pan
    12 eggs (beaten and seasoned a pinch of salt and pepper) or equivalent liquid egg substition
    mix-ins…
    -diced ham
    -bacon
    -carrots
    -tomatoes
    -onions
    -spinach
    -bell pepper
    -shredded cheese

My favourite add-ins are bacon, mushrooms, cheese, and broccoli and/or asparagus. The possibilites are endless!! I use a dozen eggs as I use the large muffin tins to bake.

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease the bottoms and sides of your muffin pan to ensure a stick-free removal once the omelets are done baking.
    Make sure your eggs are beaten and you’ve added the salt and pepper.
    Fill the bottoms of your muffin pan (about 1/3 of each individual tin) with the different mix-ins you chose.
    Then fill the tins with your eggs. The omelets will puff up a little when you bake them, so make sure to leave just a tiny bit of space at the top of each tin. Stir each mixture slightly to combine your eggs with the ingredients.
    Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until you can poke the centers with a knife and it comes out clean (or almost clean).

I make more than one batch at a time and freeze 2 or 3 to a bag and defrost in fridge overnight and microwave each one for about 30 seconds and they are sooo good!

ENJOY!
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Another fav is Breakfast banana split

split a banana lengthwise and spread natural peanut butter or almond butter on it.
    tip with greek yogurt (I like vanilla everything LOL)
    sprinkle with walnuts, or pumpking, sunflower, raisins mix
    a few chocolate chips on top or a drizzle or honey on top

Sadly I can`t have this one either right now. Breakfast used to be my favourite meal LOL
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have several favourites:
    Baked oatmeal
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins
    French toast casserol
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    3 Eggs over easy
    Homefries with onions
    12 pieces of bacon
    Sausage (in any form)
    4 pieces of buttered toast
    A large glass of OJ
    Milk

That's not what I eat since joining MFP but it is my favorite :bigsmile:

Now it's 8oz low sodium V8 hot and spicy
    Plain greek yogurt with fresh blueberries
    A full bottle of cold water

:laugh:
  • sarahmaedzz
    sarahmaedzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon. Same thing every morning :)
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my

1/2 cup Oats
    1/2 med banana
    1 tbsp PB
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup skim milk

mmmmm tasty!!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    COFFEE! dark, black, and in large quantities.

i'm not a big morning eater, so breakfast might be a few hours later. when i do get around to eating, some of the things i like are - kashi go lean with skim milk, a self made protein smoothie with fruit, an egg with a slice of toast, an egg scrambled up with some veggies, a tablespoon of peanut butter on toast, a cup of fage total 0 with either some berries or maybe a granola bar, or sometimes cottage cheese with some fruit.

***warning, binge alert*** once a year, on my birthday - home made buttermilk waffles spread with salted butter & toppped with real maple syrup, thick-sliced bacon, and all of the milk and orange juice i can drink. maybe some strawberries. this is my "real" favorite breakfast. :drinker: