Cottage cheese... Taste? Ideas?

Options

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have always been a fan of cottage cheese but I find that I prefer to eat it with pears, strawberries, or fruit cocktail.
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to mention that I do not like the taste of fat free cottage cheese and instead I buy 1%. Also have had bad luck with off brand stuff so I generally buy Land o Lakes. They have one that has extra protein in it as well.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I always add berries with it
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love it with diced apples , cinnamon and trivia, or canned tuna of salmon on top with salt & pepper..I or berries with a drizzle of honey. Sometimes canned pineapple.. I love cottage cheese????
  • Ladybug3129
    Ladybug3129 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my family's favorite ways to eat cottage cheese is on a slice of toasted whole grain bread with thick slices of tomato (fresh from the garden) with freshly ground pepper.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love it with diced apples , cinnamon and trivia, or canned tuna of salmon on top with salt & pepper..I or berries with a drizzle of honey. Sometimes canned pineapple.. I love cottage cheese????

I love it with the foil packs of salmon, so good.

I had cottage cheese mixed with tuna and avocado yesterday and it was delicious.

I prefer the higher fat, creamier and more satisfying.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

I love it with the foil packs of salmon, so good.

I had cottage cheese mixed with tuna and avocado yesterday and it was delicious.

I prefer the higher fat, creamier and more satisfying.
    ugh... I lost the taste for salmon. Actually made me mad that I did
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dont eat it much
    but i like it just with black pepper
  • curveylady1
    Options
    I add cocoa powder to mine. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 tab cocoa powder (I like the dark cocoa), 1 tab stevia or sugar substitute equivalent. Stir till mixed. If the lumpy texture bothers you then put into blender, blend on low until smooth. I don't do this step.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with canned pineapple or peaches and black pepper!!! TO DIE FOR
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have eaten cottage cheese with every fruit readily available and pineapple is by far the best fruit to mix with it.
  • paotoa
    paotoa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries.
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love the taste but if you have a problem with it add Truvia and Strawberries (low glycemic index). also cinnamon. for a change try the Large Curd. It's also good with olives and pita.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was packing my lunch and I saw my feta and remembered my favorite way to eat cottage cheese.

I mix a Tbsp of feta, a serving of sliced kalamata olives, and a tsp of Greek dressing into a half cup of cottage cheese. If you have sun dried tomatoes in olive oil in your fridge, add a very small amount, even some pepperoncini slices are good. I mix it together and let it sit a few minutes so the flavors blend.

This came about because I was going to make a Greek salad, I put all my ingredients on the counter and when I went to get the romaine lettuce, it was rotten. I decided to mix it with cottage cheese.

I eat this plain, with pita chips, with light triscuits, or in a salad with romaine and tomatoes.
  • alliex
    alliex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with vanilla and it tastes like cheesecake.

Yummy!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    with PINEAPPLE,or chives or garlic or whatever YOU like! :bigsmile:
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas. At the moment I only eat it on top of hot oatmeal with some low cal jam.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    im a HUGE cottage cheese fan, but know not all cottage cheeses are the same. some are just so tangy and nasty, then you'll find the perfect one. personally, i think HORIZON is the BEST out there hands down. packed with such much protein, its a great snack. sometimes ill add cashews in it, but mostly i just eat it plain.