80 lbs in 11 months--who woulda thought?

Options

Replies

• Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Amazingly great!! What exercises did you do? How about diet? How tall are you? I am 5' 9" and I am your age . I started at 203 and am now one month later at 192 pounds. I am just looking for some ideas.

My diet is nothing spectacular. It's clean eating (most of the time-I slip like everyone else!) but get right back in the game the next day. I'm 5'5". It's been a tough road-I won't kid you. It's alot of sweat, hard work, determination, and motivation from all my friends here. I started out on my treadmill, and also bought a weight bench and elliptical. My elliptical is my best friend. Another thing I did was create an 'inspiration' board. I write motivating quotes to myself, have a before pic on there, and would include supporting posts from here, like the comments when I hit 199. I look at it all the time and no matter how tired I am, I'm going just a little bit more.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so very very much! I don't post these in the hopes of getting compliments. I feel I'm on a mission now to motivate and inspire people. When I first started, I had done this over and over and over, countless times. This was going to be the LAST time. I hit my bottom when I saw pictures of how I truly looked. It's been alot of hard work, alot of sweat and tears, and a one day at a time attitude. It did get easier as time went on, because I wanted it that badly. My teenage son looked at those pics yesterday and was just stunned. He told me how much younger I look now, which was a HUGE compliment! I feel fantastic and will never go back to where I was. I can't-I don't have those clothes anymore!!! I just love motivating people-that's the best feeling in the world!

Thank you all!!
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow - you have done amazing
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you are a true inspiration! and you look great! good job!
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    U rock! Congrats and much more continued success!
  • NotAsThick
    NotAsThick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Absolutly Beautiful! Great job! Definitely an inspiration!!!
  • BRolandoRN
    BRolandoRN Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look happier and healthier in the 2nd picture!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Looking Fabulous!! Congrats on all your hard work -- it's amazing what we can achieve once we change our mindset. I did the same thing in January, and I'm on my own weightloss/increased healthy lifestyle journey. I no longer use the word "diet" either, as this is not a temporary thing, but my new way of life. From one Cindy to another, you rock!!
  • chandnisingh1
    Options
    Wow! This is incredible!
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    You look so good!!! Agh so inspirational ^_^
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You don't even look like the same person!!!!!! Kudos!!!!!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Good for you in taking on this challenge and being so successful. I'm sure others would be interested in your approach and how you found this success. I'm 69 and know full well just how difficult an older woman has to work to be successful at losing weight, so please share...
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    You look so young and beautiful and healthy, so proud of you!
  • Melonie79
    Melonie79 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations.
    You Inspire Me!
  • lare2013
    lare2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • redrosepink09
    Options
    wow! well done :bigsmile:
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Wow great job
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well done Cindy
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I don't know you, but I am proud of your hard work and dedication :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!