Does anyone wear workout clothes everyday?

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I always wear my workout boxer briefs. I find it has better support. As an Italian wearing warm up suits sometimes is expected. When I am wearing any workout cloths, I am thinking I'm better than the normies. That's what I call people who don't bring their A-game to life. Normies.

italian-marshall-kiss-w724.jpg
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    I buy Target workout clothes, sweat in them like a pig and only wear them out afterwards if I have to run to the grocery store. I can not wait to peel those sweaty things off of my stinky self. Those are WORKOUT clothes meant for working out.

Most of those Moms dropping off in the carpool line are going to work out and I know this because I'm one of "those."

The only people I see wearing workout clothes in public that DON"T look like they look they have been working out are tiny little girls in their 20's whose metabolism (and probably some hard work) keep their little arses skinny. Yes, I'm jealous and bitter.

So, go forth and wear those workout clothes. I'll be the one stinky and sweaty in mine. :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We have a rule at work about wearing professional clothes. However, since teaching in our district should qualify as a contact sport, several of us wear what we call "cheaters". They are high quality yoga pants that cannot be distinguished from slacks at a reasonable distance. Anyone who gets close enough to tell the difference will be slapped with a sexual harassment suit!! :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I teach yoga and go to a couple of classes a week on top of that - so those people you see at the store or running errands around town - may have just come from a yoga class or the gym or a long walk, etc - I think judging people by what they are wearing is a bit shallow.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I wear mine pretty much all day cuz I tend to work out a couple times a day. I'll run around town in them all stinky and sweaty and just don't give a ****!! But ...I do clean up well at night! :)

Added benefit... no one pushed up against you in the checkout line :wink: win-win situation as far as I see it.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just think that everyone should dress to the ocasion.
    Workout requires workout clothes, formal requires formal dressing, street requires street/casual clothes, work requires work clothes. Of course, each of these adapted to every person own style.

I have clothes specially for workout and never used them for anything else, even the workout t-shirts haven't been used outside the working out area.

I think that are tons of clothes that are comfy, look kind of sporty, but still make a great casual/sporty attire, without being workout clothes.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I do wear workout clothes everyday... but that's because I work out everyday haha. And yeah, I do usually lounge around in workout wear on regular days- its comfy and easy to wear.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i just wear comfortable clothes..............
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I go commando, does that count?
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    If I'm planning to go for a run/whatever just before lunch, and not go out before then, then I will put my running clothes on (not the stinkier ones, obviously) first thing in the morning. If I don't then I know I won't run.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I possibly would but I don't really like my workout clothes. Well, the only things I've purchased specifically for working out are a pair of tracksuit bottoms and some 3/4 length shorts. They are a bit tight round the top and really baggy lower down. I don't wear flattering clothes anyway (baggy jeans and t-shirt) but they somehow look even worse. I'm happy to wear them when I'm out on my bike but other than that they stay folded up.

I might look down that route when purchasing new clothes for everyday wear. I've always been a bit of a tom-boy, I suppose because I don't like showing my figure, but women's sporty clothes might a style I'm comfortable wearing :)
  • Britt59
    Britt59 Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with wearing your workout clothes everyday or every where, to me its what make you feel comfortable, people are different so therefore just wear what makes you feel comfortable !
    I wear workout clothes and after my work out I usually just keep them on to go do what ever I have to go do!
    Simply because they are comfortable and I am comfortable with it.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I do 90% of the time. One reason is because I go to the gym 7 days a week after work. Second is because I wear coveralls at work (Army mechanic) so jeans would be too sweaty. Third is because when I wear regular clothes I'm less likely to change and go to the gym or for a run.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to put my yoga pants on now to go to the store. It's a holiday weekend and jeans seem like to much work. :smile:
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wear my workout clothes all day if I'm working out later in the day. Really they are the only clothes that fit well these day from losing weight. However, I DO NOT go ANYWHERE in sweaty gym clothes after a workout. I can't stand the feeling and can't get to a shower fast enough.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I teach yoga and go to a couple of classes a week on top of that - so those people you see at the store or running errands around town - may have just come from a yoga class or the gym or a long walk, etc - I think judging people by what they are wearing is a bit shallow.

I agree!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm working out! I mean, I do go places before or after a workout sometimes still in my workout gear, but I don't choose workout clothes once I'm showered and getting ready for my day.

I have seen women in full workout clothes at Disneyland, which I thought was weird - I kept wondering if there was a race going on (there wasn't), and recently wondered about a woman at the zoo who looked like she was ready for a run. :tongue:

And of course at school pick up and drop off, I always see the moms in the full matching "gym" outfits, perfect hair and makeup, and figure this is just their daily wardrobe, gym or not.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Personally I wear white scrubs in my job as a nurse which are loose like workout wear. For the gym I tend to rock a lot more dark color but what I wear is an appropriate size and half my underwear isn't showing when I hit the gym. I usually have workout type clothes on when I am running weekday errands. The only time I have an issue with wearing workout clothes is when going to church or going out for the evening.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants pretty frequently (when not at work). They better than my jeans right now and it also increases the chance that I'll add some type of spontaneous exercise to the day. Just the other night I ran to Target and on my way home had the urge to hit the gym. *BAM!* Already dressed!

Though at home, clothes are always optional :) Pants...who needs pants lol.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I work in an office environment during the week, but on weekends sometimes I have been known to work out, bathe/shower, and the put a sports bra back on (I tend to favor the Nike low impact ones for this). They give me a comfortable "lift" and there are no wires to dig into my ribcage. Also these particular ones have sufficient padding in case I have to run in to a highly air conditioned grocery store.:laugh: