80 lbs in 11 months--who woulda thought?

Options

Replies

• chivalservant
    chivalservant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!! Share some secrets
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! And your face looks much brighter, also. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • FFXXIV
    FFXXIV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation!!! Not only did you lose all that weight, it looks like you lost 10 years as well! You're looking younger than before :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to you! You look FANTASTIC!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thanks "new" Cindy, I needed to see this today.
  • davidlo421
    davidlo421 Posts: 144
    Options
    .. Wow you are truly an inspiration.. .
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Wow! Asta la vista, Old Cindy! Awesome job and congrats! Enjoy the new you!
  • tlm0403
    tlm0403 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! What dedication! I'm sure you feel on top of the world! Way to go!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Bravo Cindy! Love your big smile in the after pic, and you look fantastic!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful.
  • samanthamathers393
    Options
    All I can say is wow you have given me the boost I need any tips .. Sammy x
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look amazing, you should be so proud of yourself
  • 21sunshine85
    21sunshine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well Done!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    OMG..how amazing are YOU!! You are inspiration for all us old geezers (I'm 53..lolol)!

We CAN do this..at any age! You are living proof, and so am I! xo
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing.

I, too, am 51 and on this journey. I started at 202.4 (not my highest but where I started in January). I am down 22 pounds (tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and am hoping for good numbers) and originally my goal was to loose 50 pounds. That goal has changed and I want my final weight to be 140 so I can be in the "normal" range for BMI.

I was always thin and could eat anything...until I hit 30. My metabolism came to a screeching halt and I did not know how to eat and exercise to keep my weight down. Twenty years later and 50 pounds heavier, I HAD to do something. In October I had a health scare and the doctor put me on meds. I hated that I had done this to myself but still didn't get off my butt.

In January, a counselor at school organized a "Biggest Looser" contest for the staff. I jumped at the chance and hope for the best. I got hooked!! The contest lasted 12 weeks and I didn't win the money, but I won something much more important--my health. I am off one med and am working to get off the other.

Your success shows me that I, too, can achieve my goals.

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yowser! Very impressive!:smile:
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing.

You are officially my mfp 'pin up'.
  • getrealforme
    Options
    Congrats! You look happy, healthy, and younger.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you look great - well done! Enjoy your success :flowerforyou:
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    All of you just don't know what your comments have done for me! I've read each and every post, and I am so thrilled to see that I've motivated you-I find that that's what I want to do now. It's kind of my mission! I've never really been thin at all. I've battled through fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, and now menopause. I finally made the decision to do this for ME. It's a now or never attitude. I've never ever stuck with weight loss for more than a few months, but I found myself actually liking eating cleaner. The heartburn is gone. I found that sticking with working out has become a habit. I hate it when I can't do some form of exercise. I feel something is missing if I do miss a day, which is very rare.

I do slip up-I'm human. This weekend hasn't been the best with all the cookouts and stuff. But I didn't gorge like I would normally have, and I know tomorrow I'm going to drink my gallon of water and work out again on my elliptical. I don't have the guilt because I have the tools to stay strong. Logging my food, reading all my friend's daily posts on here, and inspiring all of you that have friended me is what it's now all about!!! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!