Me and my fat face :(

Options
URG. I went to a wedding at the weekend. I was expecting a barrage of lovely pictures of myself, now I've lost some weight (I know that sounds very vain, but I don't have very many lovely pictures of myself). But instead I was met with a bloated and puffy face. I look like I have hives?!

Why do I still have a fat face? I look in the mirror and I see cheekbones and then get my photo taken and see mumps.

It's disgustingly demotivating.

Going to cry now.

Replies

• Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This happened to me in my prom photos! :(

I honestly think you look lovely though! :)
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I still see a big double chin from some angles and my BMI says I am underweight.

Genetic fat face. Lol

I wish we could pick places to remove fat. I would pick my chin, my stomach and my upper arms

Maybe we coule work our facial muscles by doing alot of facial expressions. Haha we will end up in a insane asylum

Ps your face is beautiful x
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I wasn't fishing for compliments (I hope it didn't come out like that) I'm just genuinely upset I needed to rant.

I'm horrified by the pictures. I'm hoping it's because I drank a vast amount of alcohol.

Does anyone know any way to get rid of chinnage?
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl I hate it when my face looks fat in pictures. It's like "delete that photo!"
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My mom had this fitness video once that you did sitting in a chair (I think) but I remember part of it was doing something with the mouth to work the muscles under the chin, maybe you can google it?
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I wish we could target fat. I would hit my chin, arms, legs, tummy.. Or well.. Everything I guess lol.
    It would also be awesome if we had a looking glass that showed how other people saw us. We are our worst critics.
    That said.. You look beautiful. And the puffy face you saw in your photos could well have been the booze.
    And you are by no means "vain". Isnt that the whole reason we do this is to look and feel amazing about ourselves?
    Please dont let a few photos get you down. As long as you had fun and feel good about yourself.. That is all that matters. Everyone needs to vent once in a while. Hugs to you! If you ever need someone to vent to.. I would love to help. I always have an open mind and never judge.
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You didn't come across as fishing for compliments at all, don't worry :)
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    When I go to events I like to bring my camera so I am in control of photos. I also like to ask people can I look at the photos on there camera and then delete all the ones of me I don't like before they hit facebook !
    X
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i get this too! I have a small face and my face shape is quite round so i just look like i have a double-chin and pudgy cheeks! I hate it as it makes me feel so fat and ugly!
    At least you're not ugly and you look like you have a nice face shape in your dp
    It bugs me when these curvy girls have thin faces or chubby cheeks that looks right/cute- envy with a passion! :)
    I was told chewing gum helps but i'm not sure, and not really a gum person!
    <3
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    idk what you see but i do see a lovely beautifull face ;-)
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Why do I still have a fat face? I look in the mirror and I see cheekbones and then get my photo taken and see mumps.

All I see in the photo is a pretty face - you are looking great. We all see ourselves differently from how others see us.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    When I go to events I like to bring my camera so I am in control of photos. I also like to ask people can I look at the photos on there camera and then delete all the ones of me I don't like before they hit facebook !
    X

^^That's a little obsessive. Remind me to never let you 'see' my camera.

OP, it's genetics. Learn to embrace it. I know plenty of women with incredibly attractive bodies and round faces. I find it rather endearing.
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    X

^^That's a little obsessive. Remind me to never let you 'see' my camera.

OP, it's genetics. Learn to embrace it. I know plenty of women with incredibly attractive bodies and round faces. I find it rather endearing.

Haha yes it is more than a little obsessive but I would rather do that than have horrible pics tagged on facebook the next day!
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just try to avoid photos all together....very rarely will you ever see me take a good picture!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way. I almost never let people take pictures of me. ESPECIALLY since everyone seems to think it's just fine to put everything on facebook these days. I've asked people to untag me on facebook, because I prefer not to have my picture floating around the interwebz and have NO pics of myself on my own facebook. I've never deleted someone else's photos though! LOL

Having said that, you are probably being too critical. Your profile picture looks pretty.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get the same way , so totally understand.
    Least we have the digital cameras, back in the day you had to wait to see how the pictures turned out until you went to the store to pick them up then you were like this one is trash this one is trash this one.. where you ended up with maybe one picture out of a few that you took. LOL I think that's what I did when i was making my AOL profile ..Oddly enough is how I met my husband. LOL so its all good.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is the angle. Looking at a mirror you're genuinely level with the image. Photos can be taken from above, below, sideways, upside down etc., especially if the photographer has had something to drink.
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the kind words guys, made me feel a lot better!
  • RubyBF
    RubyBF Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a round face too and always thought it was a "fat face" but believe me, you'll be happy about it when you get older - it helps keep you looking young!!! Also, when I look back on the pictures, it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. PS - I think you look terrific and wouldn't worry about it at all. Embrace it!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have a fat face at all. You are very lovely in fact.