What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    coffee and either a quest bar, protein pancakes or a protein mug cake. much better than my previous "2 packets of processed oatmeal" routine :)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A sachet of quick oats made with water

Or a few of these pancakes

Oatmeal pancakes

6 egg whites
    1 cup cottage cheese lite or normal
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tsp sugar or stevia
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Put all in blender and process until smooth. Makes about 6 pancakes, using 1/2 cup of batter per pancake.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A protein shake with milk
    Sometimes will have eggs fried or boiled
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Today I had a smoothie. In a little bit, I am going to have a wrap made with leftover steak and eggs.

The thing I have been having lately is overnight steel cut oats
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I have oatmeal, 1/2 cup dry cooked then I put some berries on top of it. I buy the frozen berries from Costco called "Natures Three Berries" Kirkland Rader Farms. One cup is only 70 calories. Cook the oatmeal to how you like it (I don't like mine cooked to a mush!) while it's cooking take a cup of the frozen berries and nuke them for about 2 minutes, I then pour off the juice (I drink it!) and put the berries over the oatmeal. I find this is much nicer tasting than dumping the berries in with the oatmeal as you cook it. I also have a cup of coffee with just a little bit of milk in it, maybe a tablespoon. That is the only place I use milk.

On occasion I make myself an omelet, two eggs, a little water, 1/4 cup of shredded gouda cheese, some chopped up onions and chopped up carrots.

Usually I stick to the oatmeal and berries, I find it fills me up for longer and I don't get hungry before lunch time. I'm kind of on autopilot in the morning anyways, so the same old thing each day does not really bother me.

Cheers!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1 egg and 2 egg white omelette with veggies in or oatmeal and fruit normally :bigsmile:
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Quinoa and peanut butter or a smoothie (vary what I put in it).
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Changes daily. Here are a few good ones.
    High fiber whole grain bagel, egg whites, pepper jack.
    Bagel with cream cheese, cinnamon and almonds.
    (I buy my bagels at trader joes, 210 calories, 8g fiber, 10g protein, 38 carbs)
    Rolled oats with apple and cinnamon and truvia.
    Over night oats
    (These are made the night before and ready in the morning. Mix oats, plain greek yogurt, any fruit mixture you want and a little truvia and or cinnamon. I like to add almonds or walnuts. My fav combo is banana and blueberries.)
    Apple with cottage cheese and 1 slice toast dry.
    spinach mushroom egg white omelette with cheese.
    banana with peanut butter or apple with peanut butter
    fruit filled protein pancakes. (make pancakes, add a little protein, lots of fruit. Diced apples, cinnamon and walnuts are amazing)
    You can also make breakfast smoothies. I use plain greek yogurt (trying to avoid adding more sugar to the mix) ice, a shot of OJ and fruit. What ever kind you like. I love apple blueberry, apple kiwi, blueberry banana, pear blueberries. I also like banana and peanut butter smoothies, I use chocolate soy milk not OJ for these.
  • Jacqueline86Chavez
    Jacqueline86Chavez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    before eating i have one glass of water with squeezed lemon to clean out my body

whole grain toast with raw organic honey

one banana

simple and healthy
  • kweni16
    kweni16 Posts: 30
    Options
    Whole wheat pancakes for me. My recipe is only 105 calories per pancake and it's the quickest breakfast for me. I've been having it for 2 weeks and still not sick with it. I play around by adding some fruits and sometimes even dark chocolate chip cookies.
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't usually eat breakfast. Never was a big breakfast eater. Most of the things I like are high in fat, calories, fat. Then the problems is if I eat breakfast, I stay hungry and want to eat all day. If I skip it, I'm not usually hungry and can limit my calories
  • PamShebamm
    PamShebamm Posts: 54
    Options
    During the week I usually just take a Quest bar and eat it on my ride to work.
    On the weekends I usually do scrambled eggs or pancakes with protein powder.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    This morning we're meeting family at a local diner for our annual Memorial Day breakfast. They have something called a McGuiver sandwich-beer brat patty, fried egg, cheddar cheese on buttered sourdough toast. It's wonderful :) Then I'll have a side of American fries and onions. Then we're off to the parade :)
  • zandria1
    zandria1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oATS WITH HONEY AND CINNAMON..FOR HALF A CUP WHEN ITS UNCOOKED..THATS LIKE 132CALS FILLS YOU UP
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My two staples:

1. 6 scrambled eggs (only two yolks) with two slices of bread with margarine and 100g of baked beans.

2. Oats with milk, honey, sultanas and occasionally some muesli.
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bacon and Eggs in some form or another.
  • projectvanity
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs, vegan sausage patties, an english muffin with vegan butter, and three cups of water. Keeps me full for six hours and it's yummy.
  • erinls76
    erinls76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    left over inside round steak :smile:
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I cook some oatmeal and right now I'm adding homemade stewed rhubarb to it. Once that's cooked, I'll add some 0% Greek yogurt. I do add a small amount of Truvia to the rhubarb when I make it. When rhubarb isn't in season, I'll add homemade applesauce.
  • ArieMc88
    ArieMc88 Posts: 18
    Options
    i eat oatmeal and sweeten it with blueberries n turkey bacon/sausage