Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protien Shakes: Milk or Water?

Replies

• mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    *IF* I am out of V8 (I love their berry juices, and their energy drinks really rock in a smoothie too), almond milk is my go-to. If I'm out of both, I just use my vanilla powder and water. Not as tasty, but it holds me over!
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Make sure you research the protein powder you are using Alot of the stuff is junk..

I use Pro Perfomance whey protien from GNC~ it was recommended to me by someone who is a personal trainer. If this one isn't good could you recommend one or let me know what you should look for in a protien powder please?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Water for me, too rich with milk.

Edit: thanks for the reminder, was packing for the gym and almost forgot my shaker.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    I use the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Like a milkshake!
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Definitely Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk. Good nutrition and flavor and only adds 30 cals per cup.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    I use homemade almond milk when I have it or water if I dont, the better question is Good Protein or Bad Protein....There are tons of BAD protein powders on the market...Bad as in junk filled!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    I didn't like it with water at all so I compromised and switched to skim milk. I get a chocolate flavor so it tastes more like chocolate milk. As an alternative, sometimes I throw in a scoop of whey with fruit, yogurt, etc., and make a shake.
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    8 oz of unsweetened almond milk and 2 oz of cold water with about five ice cubes :)
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    I use PHD diet whey protein in belgian choc, I cant stomach it in cold water, so I put half water/half unsweetened almond milk a spoon of coffee and heat it up in the microwave and make a hot chocolate or mocha out of it :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I use coconut milk and frozen fruit (usually banana) so I don't have to use ice.
  • die_swart_gevaar
    die_swart_gevaar Posts: 6 Member
    I use low fat lactose-free milk, with my shakes. Today was the first time that I've actually tried my shake with water and just no. I'll be getting more milk on my way home...
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    I use EAS Whey Protein (Vanilla) and it's awesome. Lovelove the taste. I can't tell you how many I've purchased looking for one I could drink that didn't gross me out. I use it primarily with Organic Skim milk.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    I use 1c. unsweetened almond milk. I also freeze cubes of fat-free yogurt in an ice tray and drop one of those in.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    I use 4 oz. of Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk and 4 oz. of water.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    There are Protein shakes designed to be used with water, Syntrax Nectar have quite a few flavours, but if it is a Milkshake style one you might as well use Milk.
  • crucian007
    crucian007 Posts: 7 Member
    Seems like milk is the way to go, I use milk also. Water is just gross with the powder
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Water only.. with EAS chocolate, tastes great still. Milk makes it too thick, adds calories, and almond milk has too much bad unnatural junk in it that I don't want to put in my body.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    milk either skim-2% or almond milk
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    i d ont do them but i w ould say water because
    you wil have to add calories of milk and whatever else u put in it........
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    If I have the calories, I always use skim milk and ice cubes.