• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward
    Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Gang Leader For a Day. Sadhir Vanketesh.

It's a Soc book but I love it. This is my 2nd time reading it. Easy read too.
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just read both Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster (book 2 in her series). I LOVED it! I am currently re-reading The Great Gatsby since I read it over 20 years ago for school and since the movie came out, I want to read it before I see the movie!!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I just finished Crossroads Cafe by Deborah Smith. First good book I have read in awhile. Romance/Life Affirmation
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Jane Eyre
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading about other people's world view and experiences that are outside of my own. I am reading Lalita Tademy's,"Cane River," about four generations of African American women. I recently finished, "In the Garden of Beasts," by Erik Larson. It is based upon the communiques of the American Ambassador to Berlin during the 1930's. Larson's novel, "The Devil in the White City," was also a good read. "The Smartest Guys in the Room -- the Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of ENRON," by Bethany McLean was great.

Of those if you are looking for a beach or airport book I'd recommend, "The Devil in the White City."
  • MammasMeltdown
    Options
    I'm currently reviewing an advance copy of "The First Rule Of Swimming" by Courtney Angela Brkic which will be released May 28th. It's a wonderful story of two sisters and the tragedy that occurs when one goes missing. Takes place between a small Croatian Island and New York.
    I'm an avid reader and book blogger, please feel free to stop by my blog:
    http://www.thebookbarista.com/
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Movement" by Gray Cook
    "Intervention" by Dan John
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading about other people's world view and experiences that are outside of my own. I am reading Lalita Tademy's,"Cane River," about four generations of African American women. I recently finished, "In the Garden of Beasts," by Erik Larson. It is based upon the communiques of the American Ambassador to Berlin during the 1930's. Larson's novel, "The Devil in the White City," was also a good read. "The Smartest Guys in the Room -- the Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of ENRON," by Bethany McLean was great.

Of those if you are looking for a beach or airport book I'd recommend, "The Devil in the White City."

Might have to check out one of these when I'm done w/the current. Sounds intriguing.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options

Might have to check out one of these when I'm done w/the current. Sounds intriguing.

LoniB -- I had seen you were reading, "Gang Leader for a Day." A friend of mine is reading that too and highly recommends it.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great romance books:

The Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley (really, anything she's written) - these are funny--similar to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series
    The Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig - historical romance
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @sesha I didnt know there was more than one book to Beautiful Disaster!!! I'm definitely going to be reading the 2nd book. I really liked the first book. There was enough of everything so that it kept me addicted. I couldnt put the book down
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Blackbirds - Chuck Wendig
    Dead Things - Stephen Blackmoore

These are a couple books I heard about at the recent Phoenix Comicon. I haven't read them yet, but intend to soon. They look interesting.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just finished "House Girl", it was a quick and awesome read.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Lullaby, by Chuck Palahniuk
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Not romance, but Alice Munro, fantastic writer. The only one I didn't care for was 'Runaway'.

*just read 'The Year We Left Home'. Good stuff. :)
  • ZB17
    ZB17 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The Kite Runner!
    Best. book. ever.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The Kite Runner!
    Best. book. ever.

Read A Thousand Splendid Suns next, you will love. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Are you mostly reading fiction? I like a lot of non fiction I just finished one on the History of the Donner Party, a Tragedy of the Sierra that was pretty interesting and the Incidents in the life of a Slave Girl very sad. If you want to totally non fiction it up I suggest Written in Stone: Evolution, the Fossil Record, and Our Place in Nature that one was a fun read along with Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World. I like fiction too started the Hobbit by Tolkein on my last vacation, but it's going to take me a million years to get through this book because I often fall asleep while reading Tolkein's stuff. Do you use an e-reader?
  • ZB17
    ZB17 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The Kite Runner!
    Best. book. ever.

Read A Thousand Splendid Suns next, you will love. :)

I did! It was pretty good. =) Have you read "And The Mountains Echoed"?