• k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wanting to munch in front of TV gave up cable lol
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    weekends

this so much!! also leftovers, it's hard to cook for one so i almost always have something left for another meal and i get tempted to eat it right away.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Weekends!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Not to freak out if the scale moves up a bit. Not from eating but from gaining muscle. Not to freak out when someone mentions my weight.
  • shellyburger
    shellyburger Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut pizza n lots of wings!!

I have the exact same weakness -.-
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Wine.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is being patient about my wait for surgery while some amazing people here are progressing so well with their lifting.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Getting into the right frame of mind to actually get started.

^^^^^This!

I sometimes get so caught up in my head (how many cals is this, do I need to up my cals, do I need to drink more water, cant have that because of sugar, need more this because of protein, OMG the scale moved up .1 lbs now Ive got to drop my cals, etc etc etc) that I simply stop everything and give myself a break and during this break (which usually lasts 2-7 weeks) I gain back a lot of what I lost.

I think I am simply intimidated by losing weight and having my body look the way I want it to. Truth be told, I LOVE working out and I enjoy finding new healthy items to cook/eat and I get a rush when I plan my meals and stick to them...its when the scale doesnt move that I get discouraged and get caught up in my head...

I never could just throw away my scale. I would just go buy another one...
    sigh
  • Lisaget2awesome
    Lisaget2awesome Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Getting into the right frame of mind to actually get started.

^^^^^This!

I sometimes get so caught up in my head (how many cals is this, do I need to up my cals, do I need to drink more water, cant have that because of sugar, need more this because of protein, OMG the scale moved up .1 lbs now Ive got to drop my cals, etc etc etc) that I simply stop everything and give myself a break and during this break (which usually lasts 2-7 weeks) I gain back a lot of what I lost.

I think I am simply intimidated by losing weight and having my body look the way I want it to. Truth be told, I LOVE working out and I enjoy finding new healthy items to cook/eat and I get a rush when I plan my meals and stick to them...its when the scale doesnt move that I get discouraged and get caught up in my head...

I never could just throw away my scale. I would just go buy another one...
    sigh
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Making time to work out
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Junk food and the motivation to work hard when working out. Some days at the gym I do a light workout when I should be pushing myself harder.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge I faced was my ugly mean inner voice. It took me a while to identify that my own inner voice was worse than the bullies when I was a kid. :grumble:

It took me over a year to beat that voice into compliance and now, 2.5 years later, she is a supportive and encouraging friend.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i think the most struggles was for me when i was at that stage... was when i was way into the who "thinspiration" rather than my health.
    i was into the calories i consumed and the calories i was burning. but not how healthy i was or even cared if i was getting fitter.
    i let my self-image take a toll of me and tell me i wasnt good enough. and how it drove me to the edge.

i still have self image problems but not nearly as bad as it used to be.

that was the most struggle for me. at the time.
    now i dont worry about that.
    <3
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Business conferences with loads of yummy food. hard to resist
  • Jackielyn17
    Jackielyn17 Posts: 80
    Options
    Having candida... it has been my BIGGEST struggle. To keep on such a restrictive diet. No gluten, no dairy, no sugar. I have a pretty clean eating habit nowadays, i don't get depressed if the scale doesn't budge, been at the same weight pretty much since January. it's a hard thing to handle, but seeing the silver lining is the best approach! I'm not going down, at least I'm not going up!
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Coffee - with lots of flavored creamer - yum! Now I'm down to 2 per day with 1 TBSP sugar-free creamer per day :\
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would say cold coffee and almost anything to do with chocolates... but probably the worst is the feeling. I mean at times, I just feel, what is the use? Am I really losing that much!! :sad:
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    for me it is patience. I see people on here that lose so quickly and I almost envy them. I have to remind myself that my journey is different. I lose slowly. That is ok. That is ok. I tend to lose about a pound a week. Sometimes I lose less than a lb a week or stall. It can make me feel like I'm not progressing. However, the trend overall is still losing weight. I'll be at a health weight in a year.