Ever eat the same thing over and over, because it's easier?

Options
13»

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yep! My weekday meals are pretty consistent. Weekends are when my cheat day is, so obviously that changes it. Also now that my friends are home things differ a bit, but when I'm home I pretty much eat the same things.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I do it all the time. I don't have a lot of time to prepare meals, so I tend to batch cook and eat a lot of the same meals. I have pretty much the same breakfast and the same lunch (at least for three days...that's usually how long my leftovers last!). I try to make them all balanced meals, so I don't worry about not getting nutrients.
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 of my favorite meals that I eat regularly. But I try to rotate them out so I don't get too tired of them. I not only enjoy these meals, but I also already have them saved in, so logging is so easy! That makes it worth it to me! Otherwise logging can be so time consuming! I do my logging while I am having dinner, and sometimes that really keeps me from visiting with my family.

I wondered about this too when I first started, but when I looked at my friends diaries, I found we all do it!
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm the type of person that can eat the same good meal every day in a row for a month before starting to tire of it. I seriously get addicted to certain foods. I don't really repeat something from one meal of the same day to another meal of that same day, but I eat the same set of about 6 dinners on a rotating schedule perpetually. Maybe it's something I should work on, but honestly I don't really see the need - in total they provide a balanced nutritious diet, they're healthy, and they taste good.Maybe my individual days aren't as balanced as they could be but I think the bigger picture is much more important.
  • Becky5pal
    Becky5pal Posts: 9
    Options
    Dr. Oz says that women average 100 calories less each day by eating the same breakfast each day. He suggests yogurt and blueberries. I do Greek yogurt and Kashi(crunch).
  • soccerchick3339
    soccerchick3339 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do this quite often because I can prep food in advance and then just grab and go. M-F I eat an oatmeal toaster for breakfast because they are easy to keep at work. For lunches I will typically stick to the same general format each week (so one type of salad every day for lunch). This week I bought a big box of baby spinach and several containers of strawberries which will make salads for lunch this week. If I don't feel like a salad, I will mix it up with PB&J or carrots and hummus.
  • KristenLanni
    KristenLanni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always make grand plans to grill, or make a nice stir fry...and by the time I get home from work, I just throw together a wrap or a quick salad. I guess I could grill on the weekend, and have the meat for meals throughout the week.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I have those days, yes.
    But eating the same thing every single day all the time must get soooooo boring.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says that women average 100 calories less each day by eating the same breakfast each day. He suggests yogurt and blueberries. I do Greek yogurt and Kashi(crunch).

Ok! If Dr.Oz says so!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I do have a lot of meals that i love and stick to quite a lot. At the moment im addicted to minted beans (canellini, kidney, borlotti, butter) cooked drained then tossed in mint vinaigrette. I never get tired of it and eat it at least one meal a day.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken for lunch/dinner
    I can handle it for about a week and a half before I get bored with it.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Yes, Oatmeal for breakfast, but change the fruit from blueberries, to sliced banana, to chopped apple and crushed almonds