What does Onederland mean to you?

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This made me a little emotional because I AM that bride to be! I'll be getting married next November. My onederland is not only being able to fit into that perfect dress, but being healthy to live a long life with my husband to be and future children!

Thank you for your words!

I am sure that you will be an absolutely beautiful bride. You already look beautiful.

I hope that you will have a great future with your 'prince charming'. :smile:
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    for me it will be when I get into single.. as in one digit sized pants!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia so metric system. To me it was about bench pressing over 100kg.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    ...the next Wonderland will be reaching my ultimate goal 135 to 140...can't wait to get there.

Beyond that, I will be in pure Wonder (oneder) if I get married...I'm 40, single, and looking to share my life with someone...sometimes that seems as if it may never happen.

I met my hubbie in church in November 2004. I was 59 year years old and weighed more than 280 pounds. Two days later, he proposed to me; and we were married only one month later.

Where love is concerned, age and weight does not necessarily matter. I found the love of my life at a time, when I was far from young or slim; and he loved me then, like he loves me now. He still says that I am the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am so grateful that he is crazy and obviously blind as a bat. :laugh:
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    onederland...
    It's hard to believe...I'm only 21 pounds away...
    but it's too far to take it for granted...

It will mean; that I'm 3 points higher on my good cholesterol number...that I'm no longer carrying around
    17 four lb bags of sugar everywhere I go...(currently I've sat down11.5 lbs of that...), that I've lost 68 lbs..., that I'm 54 lbs to goal...instead of 122 lbs...

Looking forward to it...it will be like getting to base camp for Mt. Everest...but knowing that I still have the hardest part to go...but I'll be happy to get that darn 2 from in front of my weight... ;D

No time to rest....
    Gotta keep working!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Onederland would mean I was at my ultimate goal.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    What a onderful and profound posting! I am still aiming for the traditional Onderland of 199 or less and I think the next onederland will be 177 (that is the lightest I can remember being whilst healthy- I weighed less at a later age than I recall 177 but at the time is was due to a protein shake diet that ended up wreaking havoc on my immune system and put me in the hospital) at 177 lbs I was a US size 12-14- but I was a very muscle-y 177, and though I try to lift weights and be active, I do have mobility restrictions (and weight limits for lifting) so I will probably not be a muscle-y now as I was then but my ultimate goal is a US size 8-10, UK size 10-12 and whatever that is in European(weird how I live in continental Europe but I only know my US and UK sizes currently and thus my goal for the future)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    nothing! i place more emphasis on bf%

20 % - i am average
    15 % - i can take off my shirt now
    12 % - i look good
    8 % - i look like a God
    7 % - intervention time!

So your "onderland" would be somewhere between 8-12% body fat
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    To me, it means a ridiculously stupid word that makes me roll my eyes and puts me off the post.
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will reach onederland the day I complete my first 5km run....... and am no longer considered overweight - never mind morbidly obese
  • sareyezz23
    sareyezz23 Posts: 53
    Options
    To me it's seeing 199 on those scales I haven't weighed that less in about 8 years and the day I say I don't weigh 200 + pounds anymore weigh something. As if this morning I weigh 202.6 meaning in all close. I can feel myself well up just thinking about it. I'll still be 55lbs away from my goal but I'll be over half way something I never thought possible when starting my journey last summer. I have never felt so much healthier even when I was lighter so this life style change has helped me for the better.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Onederland sounds to me like the country Nederland (Netherlands). ^ ^
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    For me it's a BMI with a 1 in front of it - so 19.9 which for me would be about 133 lbs so basically an UGW - or a clothing size with only one digit, so a UK 8 (which is a US 4-6 I think). I started at about 188 lbs so I was always under 200.

Incidentally, that's one of the reasons I think why I put off starting this journey for so long. I've always been in 'Overweight' BMI (since the age of 15 or so, anyway - I'm 19 now) and never obese, I never crossed the 200 lb mark.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to expect when i hit onederland (200 lbs or less), and it makes me nervous to get my hope up that I will be able to do it. Once when I was 20 I starved myself for a couple months and was able to reach 198, I was so excited. Then it promptly went back up. 10 years later at 30 I was up to 318. I have no idea what it will feel like, but even if I never make it I'm am thrilled with where I am right now, I feel fantastic.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    a lot actually,
    it them made me lighter than my hubby! where a girl should be on the scales! :bigsmile:
  • detroitcupcake
    detroitcupcake Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    well i certainly think that Onderland is a state of mind,for myself i agree that for most of us its entering into the 199 and under catagory.ive lost 34lbs so far,went from 249 in january and am now around 215.havent been in the 2teens since my very early 20's and am now 43years old.its an amazing journey. to think that in just a couple months i might hit wonderland is kinda surreal but exciting and gives me butterflys.havent been that weight since i was a teenager.like many of us i have some serious health challenges but thats okay. when i realize that my short term clothing goals(Size16jeans)are now loose and when i put on the size 14jeans i am so close to being able to wear them.i see so many folks who have lost 100+pounds and it gives me hope! now i work on inspiring my family and friends in the rear world.but i know i couldnt do it without my mfp family. we are all in this together!
  • redrumxtina
    redrumxtina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was always told that onederland meant that you went from a weight from 200 pounds and up down to a number in the 100's. I have lost 99 currently and almost into my teen's jeans. People mistake me as being her all the time cause we look so much alike. It feels great!
  • wacarr
    wacarr Posts: 25
    Options
    Me personally I do not have a number onederland. My onederland consists of many things. In particular when I am able to easily cross my legs again like a lady. That was always my favorite way to sit. I have lost 60 pounds and I can now cross them but not easily. It is a struggle. I was so excited when I was finally able to place one on top of the other. My true onederland is when I am confident in myself. When I can see that I have a shape, and feel truly beautiful again and able to strut what my momma gave me :) I started my journey at 250 lbs and I am now down to 190 lbs. It has been a long and difficult journey with still a while to go. But it is SO worth it. When I get to my onederland I am going to jump, and dance, and sing, and RUN without being out of breath! :)
  • wacarr
    wacarr Posts: 25
    Options
    When sat down and thought about "What does Onederland mean to me?" my mind went in several different directions. I am not a person who likes to go from point A to point B. I like to take the scenic routes and I like to stop to smell the roses along the way. So I think Onederland could deffinantely mean several different things. I am 58 yrs old and when I started MFP May 15th I weighed in at 324#, today I weighed in at 316.2# and am feeling great. The most I have ever weighed was 375# and I have lost 100# twice in my life time and 75# (due to a misdiagnosed illness). But still I gained 50# of that 75# back after I had my goal bladder taken out. After that I gave up on ever being able to lose and keep it off. So, another Onederland for me would be keeping the weight off that I lose! But like the young man you spoke of, I to have a Onederland of 100. But also, not only being under 100#'s off but 40 to 50 more #. I don't ever remember the last time I weighed under 200# and I'm not even going to think about that one now because I think it will be overwhelming. My Onederland right now is hitting 300# and keeping that off. John, my husband and I will be going away to see our friends this week and then to other friends next week and this has been on my mind for the last few days. Being away from home and possible eating out at times is going to take so thinking through things and eyeing meals so I don't over eat at their house too. One thing is good is that one of my friends is on MFP too. So, I guess you could say that staying the course for the next 2 weeks is a Onederland. Please in your next 2 weeks keep me in prayer and keep me ACCOUNTABLE ladies. I will be bringing my laptop so I can log in and file in my diet and exercise diaries. But I don't know how much exercise I'm going to get in. Any thoughts ladies? I do appreciate them! Well, it is 11:03pm so I'm going to call it a night! Good night to all!

What I would recommend is if you are going to stay at a hotel stay in one with a gym. And whenever your plans to be with your friends begin that day make sure you go BEFORE you go out. I love my sleep but I know if I sleep in and say I will do it later. I normally get too exhausted from my long day of school, homework, work..ext. to where I don't go to the gym. So I always make sure I go first thing when I wake up when I was just starting. Now I am getting to the habit where it is easier for me to go, and actually feel weird if I don't go. If you are not staying at a hotel, does any of your friends have a gym membership to where they could bring a guest for free? Or maybe pretend you are interested in the gym and get like a guest pass. I know my gym 24-hour fitness is having 10 day guest passes. So that is something you could do. Or if none of those options work. It is summer time. So you and your friend that is on MFP as well can go on an early morning walk when it is still cool outside. That way the two of you can catch up as well. Or even taking a trip to the zoo or something to keep you active. One piece of advise I would give to is pre log if you can. I made the mistake of going to a pot luck thinking I was going to be ok. I went to the gym that day and saved a lot of calories. And I just tried bits and pieces of things thinking that would be better. But those calories add up fast especially the cheeses, breads, and especially RED MEATS! Oh and drinking two glasses of water before eating helps you to feel full faster and not eat as much. It keeps that portion in control and gets your water intake for the day in. I hope this has helped. I will keep you in mind. What I tell myself is would I rather eat that cookie or continue to feel as good a I do and continue my journey to being able to wear a bikini again and feel good wearing it. That helps me anyways.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My first Onderland will be 199 also. I have only seen it once in the past 10 years and then for just a couple of days. I am 5'9" and have bounced around from 215 to 230 for the last 10 years except for that one dip to 199. This time with the help of MFP I will keep going and not look back. Eating better and getting more exercise now and being able to log it to keep me on track are making a difference. I finally decided to make a positive life change and started eating better and walking more on these arthritic knees. I found MFP at 214.5 when I was looking for a way to start really keeping track of what was going into my body. 205 now and looking forward to that first Onderland and beyond!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!