45 Grams of Protein Per Day?

Options
13»

Replies

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

I shoot for a minimum of 120'ish grams a day also - preferably 130g, depending on the circumstances.

Treat the protein as a minimum and I would actively try to seek going over by quite a bit, especially assuming you are in a caloric deficit and/or exercising.

How are ladies eating this much protein? I wouldn't be able to eat anything else. :/

120 grams of protein is 480 calories. Unless you're starving yourself, there is plenty of room for the other macros.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I shoot for a minimum of 120'ish grams a day also - preferably 130g, depending on the circumstances.

Treat the protein as a minimum and I would actively try to seek going over by quite a bit, especially assuming you are in a caloric deficit and/or exercising.

How are ladies eating this much protein? I wouldn't be able to eat anything else. :/

120 grams of protein is 480 calories. Unless you're starving yourself, there is plenty of room for the other macros.

^^yep.

When I cut, I have a reasonable caloric deficit - leaves me a lot left over for enough fats and carbs.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Help! How do I keep my protein to 45 grams per day? Any suggestions? I keep going over.

I have that in just one meal...and I eat 4-6 times a day.

Nothing wrong with going over at all.
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me to have 45 g....I aim for 90 but have found it difficult to hit that goal on some days. I too was trying to stay under on all categories on the food diary but after reaching my goal weight months ago I realized that my muscle mass was basically gone :( so that is why I've up'd my protein. Good luck to you! :)