Tone arms in 6 weeks..whos in

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    And no mention of diet at all in that article. I predict disappointed people after 6 weeks
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump link for later!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Use your own bodyweight - push ups, pull ups an tricep dips.

Check out You Are Your Own Gym for progressions on these exercises and more.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I need to tone my arms, and I'll take a look at this workout. Thank you so much! :flowerforyou:
  • trinalea
    trinalea Posts: 9
    Options
    I am gonna go check it out ~ thanks!! I will let you know if I see any results!!
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Where were the pictures of the before and after you saw, I would love to see it? ..and I am in!! Lets DO this!!!!!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    And no mention of diet at all in that article. I predict disappointed people after 6 weeks

This. Sorry ladies, you can lift all the light weights you want, but if there is fat covering the muscles you won't see them. You also can't spot reduce fat, so lifting arm weights won't decrease the fat in your arms.
  • dukeunleashed
    Options
    Guaranteed to be a complete waste of time unless you're eating less food and lifting heavier things.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later tonight, sounds good...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering what a stability ball has to do with toned arms.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Of course there will be nay-sayers here. :noway: No matter the topic, someone is always here to shoot down the post. I'm not sure how lifting weights could possibly be considered a waste of time. Looks like a great routine to add to your workouts! Thanks for posting!
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Lots of things. You can use the ball as a 'bench' and engage the core, burning more calories and makes you use your whole body to stabilize while you press, skull crush etc. Also can use a ball to do different push up variations.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Of course there will be nay-sayers here. :noway: No matter the topic, someone is always here to shoot down the post. I'm not sure how lifting weights could possibly be considered a waste of time. Looks like a great routine to add to your workouts! Thanks for posting!

Obviously, it's not a waste of time. I think some people would prefer the article to talk some about the importance of diet and fat loss. You can do all those exercises everyday for months, but if you are not eating at a moderate deficit, then there will be no "toning" of the arms. And, just so everyone is not confused, "toning" is really fat loss which allows the already existing muscle that one might have to show.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Thanks! :)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I came arcoss this pin on pintrest and i am wondering if it will work if not at least i am working out my arms. 6 weeks to tone your arms There person who posted had a progress pictures and it was amazing. So why not try!

Here is a link to the workout
    http://losing-every-extra-pound.tumblr.com/post/24482567752/sexy-arms-in-6-weeks-if-youre-just-starting-out

I am going to start tomorrow I will take a starting picture, then 3 weeks then final

I would love to have some others join if you want

here we go.....

That's a reasonably good workout. I would add biceps curls and and triceps pullovers and dips. Remember, the less fat in your arms the better the results and you can't spot reduce.
  • alawilliams
    alawilliams Posts: 20
    Options
    Ok I am in this for sure. I hate my arms. Due to loosing alot of weight real fast I have really flabby arms and am so embarrased I don't wear sleevless or too short sleaves.
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

A stability ball is a great substitute for a weight bench if one doesn't have one. It also makes any exercise more challenging because you have to use muscles to stabilize your body while doing the arm exercise. The use of a swiss ball is really quite common.