How Do You Drink Your Coffee?

Options

Replies

• RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, and almond milk.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My plan of action is just portioning. I only have 1 cup of coffee a day in the morning at home.

For starbucks drinks about once a week at most, since I can't so the sugar free syrups (literally can't; fake sugar gives me migraines) I get nonfat milk, easy syrup and never add any whip cream since all I get are iced tall hazelnut/caramel macchiatos.
  • barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    Options
    Black - get better coffee if it has no flavour! Columbian or Kenyan roasts are really nice. make them strong and enjoy a low calorie pick me up. Or espresso if you enjoy the bittersweet aftertaste.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I get my coffee black and add a teaspoon of honey and about a quarter cup of almond milk - about 37-40 calories I think?!?
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ways to drink my coffee without breaking the caloric bank. (I mean, I want most of my calories going into my food, not my coffee, y'know?) Trying to avoid buying coffee creamer because of the insane amount of ingredients in it. I never think 2 tablespoons are enough either. I'd rather avoid cane sugar/fake sugar as well.

This morning, someone here turned me on to pumpkin pie spice-ing (allspice, cinnamon, ginger and clove) with some agave syrup. That brings the grand total to 60 whole calories for my cup. Not counting alittle of my half cup skim milk to it as well for that extra creaminess. It was actually pretty tasty!

So...what creative ways do you drink YOUR coffee? And don't say black. I'm sorry, but I like flavor in my coffee!!

Er.... Buy better coffee and learn how to brew it, and I guarantee you it will have flavor. I drink mine black.

Perhaps I should have just posted this.

http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/posts/view/71

Hahahah I love this! The better the coffee the less crap you have to put in it to drink it!
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Drink espresso. It's interesting to get used to but it really does have better taste.

Much more so, try cold brewed coffee. It takes more grounds to make but it's this amazing flavor; not bitter at all.

Of course, a shot of Jameson makes it better.
  • tjungkunz
    tjungkunz Posts: 39
    Options
    Never drank coffee til last year, NEED the boost now lol! I put some in my protein shaker (I use 4-7oz), then add chocolate protein, then some ice and sometimes a little water for more liquid. SHAKE away and you have a healthy mocha :) I freeze just the coffee in the cup during my workout too, makes it more like a freeze! You could use milk/almond or soy milk if you need that in your day or want.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I went through many coffee transitions to get to where I am at today. I started with about half coffee and half fancy creamer -> 3/4 coffee and 1/4 fancy creamer -> coffee and 2 tbsp fancy creamer -> coffee and 2 tbsp sugar free fancy creamer -> coffee and 1-2 tbsp half and half or heavy creamer with 1tsp brown sugar -> coffee and 1-2 tbsp half and half or heavy creamer -> coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil -> black coffee
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I love black coffee, and can drink it but prefer to have something in it...I use almond milk (the 40 calorie one, they even make a 30 calorie one but since I buy it in bulk the 40 cal is cheaper). Though you have to use a fair amount to get it creamy...but if you look in my journal you'll see that I only use about 1/4 cup to 1 cup of coffee. I like the taste of it, my husband doesn't like it (I've heard others say they don't either) but it gives me my creamer for 10 cals a serving.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with Baileys and control the calories (156) by either exercising more or eating less.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Black.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I use flavored creamer and no sugar. The creamer is usually sweet enough, but I don't drink coffee all that often. Usually a cup or two a week, when I know I can burn those creamer calories off.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer or sugar free syrup.......
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Black. If you have to have flavor in your coffee (other than the flavor of the coffee), then you don't like coffee.
  • cstyler1
    cstyler1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Cappuccino, with two shots of home-brewed espresso, two ounces of 2% organic milk and one teaspoon sugar. Delicious and only 50 calories.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was going to say black. But i guess I won't. I drink way too much coffee. Have completely come to like it black. I probably drink a pot a day.

only one pot lol I am on a reduction plan, doen to two pots now was on 5 pots a day, I drink it in mugs so a pot makes about 5 mugs

depending on my mood depends if I have milk...

but black with mixed spice and ginger is good
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is roasted and brewed to have you add milk into it. Not a fan.

I like a coarse ground espresso (not from Starbucks). French or Italian when possible. In Germany, cafe macchiato.
    In the US, I usually just ask for black.

Turkish and Jordanian are memorable.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    With semi-skimmed milk or almond milk, about 100 ml every morning
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I either buy flavored coffee or add cinnamon to the grounds before brewing. I add 1 tsp. sugar ( I quit artificial sweetners due to thyroid problems) I also add a bit of French vanilla creamer (I buy sugar free kind) Maybe about 50 calories.:drinker:
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Tablespoon of fat free half & half and too much Splenda.