10 things I've learned so far

Options

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted! You are all so inspiring and positive and people like you are the reason I log into MFP every day!!!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This is a good post and you should feel good.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    10/10

Great post OP!

:flowerforyou:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Everything you said is so true. This should be a standard reading for all. HOW did you get so smart so fast? It took me years!!!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP...It is awesome that you took the time to write all that for me...and others as well. :flowerforyou:
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    # 10 hits with me. I done that and Im paying the price for it! I wouldnt go anywhere and lost alot of friends and now Im a lonely girl :brokenheart:
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I especially needed to hear #8 -- I have lots of people who are supportive but eat their ice cream and stuff. I need to let them go about their lives and appreciate their support. :)
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Very nicely sums it up!! :-)
  • mobilelady22
    mobilelady22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I do have to weigh myself every morning because I am doing my health buddy through the va program and I get so bummed out if I go up a pound or two. Although I have a friend who has told me countless times that the body does hold more water sometime and a variety of things can happen overningt. I try very hard to eat well and excercise but I must say I have been afraid to up my weights that I pick up, thanks to you that has changed. Again thanks this came right on time for me now I can stop beating myself up and enjoy dinner out sometime and not worry so much about the scale in the morning:drinker: :drinker:
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    I love this post because I do have to weigh myself every morning because I am doing my health buddy through the va program and I get so bummed out if I go up a pound or two. Although I have a friend who has told me countless times that the body does hold more water sometime and a variety of things can happen overningt. I try very hard to eat well and excercise but I must say I have been afraid to up my weights that I pick up, thanks to you that has changed. Again thanks this came right on time for me now I can stop beating myself up and enjoy dinner out sometime and not worry so much about the scale in the morning:drinker: :drinker:

That's what I like to hear!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! I had to learn these lessons myself, and I learned them the hard way! I am finally becoming brave enough to give up my daily weigh ins. I haven't weighed myself in over a week, and it feels awesome to not be tortured by that number. Instead, I will keep working hard at the gym and making better choices, and keep an eye on my body to notice how it's changing (for better, OR for worse). Because THAT'S the ultimate goal...not some number on the scale! :)

Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    This is truly one of the best posts I've ever read on MFP. As others have said, should be required reading for all newbies. I'm bookmarking it in EverNote in my "Best of MFP" note.

The 1200 calories a day is a real headshaker. You nailed it! It's not like Amazon...there's no guaranteed delivery of your 2 pounds weekly fat loss by Saturday because you told MFP that's what you wanted. Work with your body and not against it and over time you'll get the results you want.

Kudos to you!
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Shamelessly bumping my own post. From the looks of some of the topics posted today, it needs to be reviewed again :smile:
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    2. You don't have to cut anything completely out of your diet. Unless you have a food allergy or a medical reason not to eat anything, have chocolate! Have french fries! Have a glass of wine! The best way to lose weight is to make sustainable changes, not make yourself miserable.

LOVE this! Completely agree :)
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this awesome post!
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Alda45
    Alda45 Posts: 1
    Options