Whats your secret???

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I always get a chuckle everytime i see a success story posted and somebody always posts.. "whats your secret"? Really folks? There's no secret to weight loss.. feed your body the correct nutrients in the right portions and burn calories through activity. No really the secret is...... poop alot!!!!!! :laugh:

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? The secret is bacon. There, I said it. It's bacon.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I came here armed with a smart *kitten* remark. I feel cheated...
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    sixpackshortcut works haha not seirous.
  • ayysmiffy
    ayysmiffy Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing keto haha. Dropped 34 in 1 1/2 months. :D Only 20 more lbs to go till my goal weight!
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    shhhh it's a secret
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 25 pounds thus far about 50 more to go and people are asking me this too. What are you doing, what are your secrets. I boringly tell them eat healthy and workout. They are like "really thats it?" Ummmm YEAH sorry I am doing it the right way and not a fad diet that will work for the 2 weeks you can stand to be on it and then gain all the weight you lost plus some
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Haha, diet and exercise, in simple terms. Don't eat too few or too many calories, exercise, and don't completely withhold (I am not afraid to partake in a small daily treat or ice cream once in awhile). Most people are surprised when I tell them I net 2100 calories a day but that is what I should be eating based on activity level! :)
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Someone on my fb "Friends List" (I also know him in person) posted last night about this but he took it to a messed up place. He basically said that he wanted to walk up to a fat person and ask "How the **** did you get so damn fat?". Well, I responded :). He deleted that post. :laugh:
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 25 pounds thus far about 50 more to go and people are asking me this too. What are you doing, what are your secrets. I boringly tell them eat healthy and workout. They are like "really thats it?" Ummmm YEAH sorry I am doing it the right way and not a fad diet that will work for the 2 weeks you can stand to be on it and then gain all the weight you lost plus some
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The "secret" is: "GET UP OFF YOUR *kitten*" and "STOP EATING SUGAR"
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    urgh, i always get asked for my "secret" at work. effin' annoying! and when i tell them that I just eat right and exercise, they don't believe me. ah wells.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    What about a bad secret?? Like one that you are hiding lol? I still drink sugar free monsters every day =/ with cancer causing crap. Its my 80/20....I tried detoxing and it worked, then they came out with new ones..........ugh
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My (overweight) MIL sat me down the last time she saw me (my in-laws only see us once a year, if I can help it) and peppered me with questions about my weight, including the laughable "what's your secret?"

It was so funny to see the crestfallen look on her face when I answered "diet and exercise". Like she was HOPING for an outrageous solution, like smoking crack!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It was so funny to see the crestfallen look on her face when I answered "diet and exercise". Like she was HOPING for an outrageous solution, like smoking crack!

No kidding. I don't know why people aren't RELIEVED to know that it really is that simple. Yes, it's going to take some time, but it WILL work. That's all I needed to know. I never looked back.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret!

Well, the catalogs are good inspiration anyway. :smile:
  • Jarredgautreaux
    Jarredgautreaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My (overweight) MIL sat me down the last time she saw me (my in-laws only see us once a year, if I can help it) and peppered me with questions about my weight, including the laughable "what's your secret?"

i might starting using that one.

Q What your secret?

A i started smoking crack. LOL
  • byhisgrace71
    byhisgrace71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using this program for about 5 weeks now and not sure if I'm following it correctly. I was given 1200 net cals per day. When I log my calories, in the first 2 weeks, I would be noted as loosing approx 12 lbs in 5 weeks. At that time, I wasn't eating all my net cals and exercising for approx 30 mins - 1 hr 4 x per week. My personal trainer mentioned that I was not eating enough food. So I began eating at least 1200 cals per day without taking into account the exercise cals. I believe at this point, I've lost approx 4 lbs. Please also note that when I do eat all the cals to equal my net cals, I gain anywhere from 3 - 5 lbs according to the note it gives you when you complete your daily logs. I'm getting frustrated in my lack of knowledge in using the program. I know I've seen comments like "just eat your calories and work out" and it will work. Are there certain things that should be done...i.e. eating so many servings of milk products, certain servings of protein, etc. I do see the chart for the carbs, proteins, and fats and I'm very close to those totals daily. Just want to know if I'm on the right track or if I need to make some adjustments. Asking for help because I see it works great for a lot of you using it.
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Of course there is a secret. I remember this weird old trick to lose belly fat fast and 5 things to avoid in order to lose fat quick... wait... what were they again... :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!