Success with using MFP on your cell phone?

Options
I am finally going to purchase a smart phone (I still have a dumb phone). My main priority is which phone will be best for using MFP? Android, iPhone, Windows…..? I am very dependent on MFP to keep me on track!

Replies

• tmblastquads
    Options
    it's pretty easy to track my macros when I'm out at a restaurant or travelling.
    But most of the time, I enter my food on computer.
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and use the MFP app all the time...LOVE the bar code scanner option when logging in per-packaged foods.

For me, the biggest down fall of the app is not being able to access the Message Boards or Blogs. But you can still see the News Feed on your phone.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    My Windows phone tracks just fine. I also use Android when logging on my Kindle Fire and it's just as easy.
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    it's pretty easy to track my macros when I'm out at a restaurant or travelling.
    But most of the time, I enter my food on computer.

Which phone do you use?
  • aneedell
    aneedell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a basic (low end) Samsung Android smart phone and the app works fine and very useful for when your not at the desk logged on. Especially helpful is the barcode reader for packeged goods. It also notifies you when your "friends" post comments, etc.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like the barcode scanner function. I know there is an app for both Android and iPhone, but I'm not sure about any other variety of smart phones. I actually use my phone to log food the majority of the time.

edit: I currently have an iPhone 4s, but before I got it I had a very very cheap Android phone.
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    iPhone is fab.
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    I use samsung s2, I guess the coolest thing about the app is scanning the barcode and it inputs all the macros.
  • par57
    Options
    Thanks for the scanner tip!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pick a phone that you like. I like android because apple is very controlling, out dated with their technology and a lot more free apps on android since it's open source. But for MFP, it doesn't matter. But I just got my Samsung S4 and this phone is epic.
  • par57
    Options
    I use samsung s2, I guess the coolest thing about the app is scanning the barcode and it inputs all the macros.

Thanks! I have been looking at that one, too :)
  • par57
    Options
    OK, iPhone vs. Samsung ?
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Samsung all the way......I love my S3. I did an iPhone vs. S3 comparison before getting an S3 and like it so much i bought the Galaxy Tab 2. It has better navigation, same camera, storage, bigger screen, SBeam (ability to share between 2 Samsung phones by holding them back to back), can do everything an iPhone does and personally, I prefer Android/Google to Apple. MFP works great on it!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've used the MFP app on both Android and Windows Phone, as well as the iPad version, and they all work great. Pick a phone based on what you like, and the app will do what you need.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OK, iPhone vs. Samsung ?

in terms of technology even the S3 is better than the iphone 5. Going with a S4 would just be icing on the cake. Its really not the same category. I got the S4 because I have a Samsung smart tv and galaxy tab so I can have them all linked. I would suggest going to the store and playing with both to see which interface you like and how usable it is. Also, take into consideration other apps you would want download.
  • Millertime_jason
    Millertime_jason Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    iPhone 4s along with an iPad and computer, they all work great together. The only issue I have is the iPhone does great scanning bar codes and the iPad sucks for it. Otherwise everything else works great.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Does MFP have a scanner in thier app? I have an iphone and I have the app but I do not see the scanner. I have a seperate scanning app but it seems like I have to add everything I eat because it is not in the database.
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    Had both Android and iPhone. Both are wonderful. Can scan with both.
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    I enter 99% of my food on my phone. In fact I didn't even know there was a normal website for awhile. I run a Galaxy Note 2 and am helping MFP by using their new Android Beta app which I like better than the old app.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    If the app didn't freeze on my phone as much as it does, I would probably use it more.

Since I work in IT, I'm always near a computer anyways.