How Do You Drink Your Coffee?

Options

Replies

• Marigenous
    Marigenous Posts: 57
    Options
    Half coffee, half unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • amandanndel
    amandanndel Posts: 47
    Options
    I usually do a flavored coffee, Stevia in the Raw, and a touch of Silk light. Comes to about 25 calories.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Black, 1 canderell
  • cstephens3258
    cstephens3258 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my new favorite under-20-calorie drink is from starbucks: grande iced black coffee with 2 pumps of sugar free caramel syrup, 2 teaspoons of half and half and 2 splenda.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I'm looking for ways to drink my coffee without breaking the caloric bank. (I mean, I want most of my calories going into my food, not my coffee, y'know?) Trying to avoid buying coffee creamer because of the insane amount of ingredients in it. I never think 2 tablespoons are enough either. I'd rather avoid cane sugar/fake sugar as well.

This morning, someone here turned me on to pumpkin pie spice-ing (allspice, cinnamon, ginger and clove) with some agave syrup. That brings the grand total to 60 whole calories for my cup. Not counting alittle of my half cup skim milk to it as well for that extra creaminess. It was actually pretty tasty!

So...what creative ways do you drink YOUR coffee? And don't say black. I'm sorry, but I like flavor in my coffee!!

Er.... Buy better coffee and learn how to brew it, and I guarantee you it will have flavor. I drink mine black.

Perhaps I should have just posted this.

http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/posts/view/71

How bout keep your rude 'advice' to yourself? I just get Folgers. I prefer to spruce up my coffee. Excuse me for not liking it black.
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Other than that, all of this advice rocks my socks. Thanks for the tips and tricks. :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As Boston as I can get it. I'm only happy if it's a cup of half and half with a little coffee in it. Ironically, I've switched completely over to almond milk and coconut milk for everything else, but coffee is the one leap I just can't make.

But for sprucing it up, flavored coffees are the way to go. I have a Keurig and drink a wide variety of flavors that have no additional calories.
  • atomicpurple
    Options
    I love coffee, but like you also like all the add in things that make it fattening.

I've found that if I drink it iced with a packet or two of ideal sweetener, I can handle it black, and sort of like it.

Good luck. Will
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    As Boston as I can get it. I'm only happy if it's a cup of half and half with a little coffee in it. Ironically, I've switched completely over to almond milk and coconut milk for everything else, but coffee is the one leap I just can't make.

But for sprucing it up, flavored coffees are the way to go. I have a Keurig and drink a wide variety of flavors that have no additional calories.

:laugh:

I try to keep the flavoring to a minimum, but I totally used to do that. Like others have suggested, I'm trying to ween off of the additives in excess...but working up to black coffee? Maybe not.
  • Uhhhwut
    Uhhhwut Posts: 23
    Options
    I have coffee black on ice with almond or soy milk.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    with whiskey.
  • schultcw
    schultcw Posts: 4
    Options
    I think the agave is a neat idea. I like my coffee black but when it is a really strong brew I use a splash of vanilla flavored soy milk. It is good for you, low in calories/fat, and is sweet. When you mentioned the agave, it reminded me of when I lived in Texas and someone showed me about putting honey in your coffee. The honey obviously adds calories, but a little goes a long way, and honey is good for your immune system. ESPECIALLY if you get local, seasonal honey - which helps build immunity against any allergies you might have. At least, that is what I have heard from some local beekeeprs in St. Louis. If you can gradually reduce the sweeteners or creamers, you can probably get to where you might surprise yourself and enjoy black coffee as well. Good luck! And, I am looking to increase my friends since I am new here, so if anyone is interested in joining with me, then just send me a note!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Can't look at this topic header without thinking about the movie "Airplane"....

tumblr_mb6txt49Yo1qg8dyjo1_500.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVTQHiAQRA
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I drink it black. Sometimes I'll put a dash of salt in it.
  • K3llyLanier
    K3llyLanier Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use just a little honey and sometimes cinnamon. No sugar at all.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    With half a tablespoon of fat free sweetened condensed milk; it adds 28 calories. Sometimes I add a little cocoa powder as well.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ways to drink my coffee without breaking the caloric bank. (I mean, I want most of my calories going into my food, not my coffee, y'know?) Trying to avoid buying coffee creamer because of the insane amount of ingredients in it. I never think 2 tablespoons are enough either. I'd rather avoid cane sugar/fake sugar as well.

This morning, someone here turned me on to pumpkin pie spice-ing (allspice, cinnamon, ginger and clove) with some agave syrup. That brings the grand total to 60 whole calories for my cup. Not counting alittle of my half cup skim milk to it as well for that extra creaminess. It was actually pretty tasty!

So...what creative ways do you drink YOUR coffee? And don't say black. I'm sorry, but I like flavor in my coffee!!

Er.... Buy better coffee and learn how to brew it, and I guarantee you it will have flavor. I drink mine black.

How bout keep your rude 'advice' to yourself? I just get Folgers. I prefer to spruce up my coffee. Excuse me for not liking it black.

I am sorry you thought I was rude--I was merely pointing out that quality matters.

Have fun drinking whatever you like drinking. I hope some day you grow to appreciate some coffee with your milk and sugar :)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I am sorry you thought I was rude--I was merely pointing out that quality matters.

Have fun drinking whatever you like drinking. I hope some day you grow to appreciate some coffee with your milk and sugar :)

The other person was being hypersensitive. Of course quality makes a difference. If you can't, or don't want to pay for it, fine, but cashmere is, and always will be softer than merino.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    With demerara sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract. No milk normally.

....What is Demerara??

It's a type of soft unrefined brown sugar here in the UK

Refers to the region on the Northeast coast of South America where the Demerara River meets the Atlantic Ocean.

Historical region know for growing sugar cane and then raw processing into sugar and/or fermenting into rum (!).

In the U.S. this raw cane sugar is also known as turbinado sugar.

Available in bulk at better markets or also boxed as "Sugar In The Raw" in most markets.

Demerara rum, BTW, is some of the best available as it is true 1st pressing cane sugar rum rather than the more commonly available rum which is processed from the molasses that is a by-product of sugar production.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 cups. In all it adds up to be about a 1/2 cup of skim milk and 2-3 tbls. of vanilla creamer.