The warm up on the video is my workout! EMBARRESSING!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What works for you is what you should do. I have been told that my diet and exercise routine wont work but I am within 5 lbs of that goal. Do what you are comfortable with and keep up the good work.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Look up Jessica Smith TV on YouTube and try some of her routines. They are all free, and she is a certified fitness trainer and Well Coach. She even has some beginners workouts on there. Her walking ones are great fun! I do her routines all the time, although I may be partial since she is my friend. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Remember, the only person you should compare yourself to is yourself (yesterday). If you can wake up each day and honestly say you are getting fitter/stronger/faster/lighter/more muscular (whatever your goal is really) then you're on the right track.

Your workout may be their warm up right now, but keep at it and keep pushing yourself by adding in more reps/time/weight etc. then one day you might wake up and realise that their workout is your warmup.

^^^ This. We all start out on our day zero but, by adding to what we can do each day, we can eventually achieve goals we only imagined.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You can do it! If the warm up is your workout, then so be it. But do it! Then soon enough, you'll progressing on to the "workout" workout.

I started running the C25K (Couch to 5K) at 234 lbs. I thought I was going to die! I remember the first time I ran 60 seconds - in a row! I was so excited. Now I'm running miles.

Keep at it. You're worth it. You are worth getting healthy, you really are.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    No matter how slow you go you are lapping everyone on the couch.
    ^^This.^^
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I actually believe I could go longer, but for some reason my right foot always goes numb and after about 20 minutes I just can't really balance anymore.

Try wearing your shoes with the laces tied loosely. You may need to consider a half-size bigger shoe for exercising. It's common for your feet to swell when running (or doing similar cardio). Keeping your shoes tied looser (or even changing up the lacing style) can alleviate that. Some people wear half-size bigger shoes to give their feet more room in the toe box for the swelling.
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Brandiuntz, thank you, that is very helpful. I will def. try that. Oh the possibilities of the things I could do if my food didn't go numb all the time.