FRs without messages

Options

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Taunto has a good point. I once received a FR with the message "Hey, so ur a dominatrix?". Yes, I am a Dominatrix. No, I don't want to be friends with you based upon you finding that interesting.

Prepare to receive (another) billion or so of those. :love:
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't really care, I'll accept pretty much any add. I figure there's always the delete button if either one of us changes our mind later on.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't accept if there's no message. I'm not good about deleting people even if they aren't a good fit so I try to be pretty picky about adding in the first place.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I like it when there's no message. Makes it a lot easier to just click "deny". Then I don't have to bother reading their profile or whatever else.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Taunto has a good point. I once received a FR with the message "Hey, so ur a dominatrix?". Yes, I am a Dominatrix. No, I don't want to be friends with you based upon you finding that interesting.

But there's so much more to me! I'm not a piece of meat!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Interesting mix of opinions! I like that. I guess it's not such a big deal if FRs don't have a message. I have to admit though, if I've seen the person in the forums and we share common goals or have other things in common, I will be inclined to accept even when there's no message. OMG, do I sound like a hypocrite now?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

But there's so much more to me! I'm not a piece of meat!

Sure you are :wink:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Counting to see how many blank FR's I need to send today.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'll add anyone as long as they have a pic and a profile that is somewhat filled out. But if they don't log in for a month, I delete them.
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    Man some of you guys require more of a litmus test to be friends on here than what is usually required in real life! Note justifying why, requirements on how often they log in, etc. :)
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options

c9X6n.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have been here for almost 4 years. I never send out friend requests and I rarely accept them. That's probably why I only have 8 friends. 2, of which, are my daughters.

I need to see a real interest to accept a request, and 99% iof the time I unfriend them later. Most of the people are just looking for a lot of "friends". I want to see something in common, unless you have big boobs. Then I'll accept just long enough to look at your profile pics.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't accept any friend requests, however if I did I would rather them send a message with the request too.

strong e - brag
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    here's how I handle it....
    z72431423.gif
    "I want to play a game......" \m/
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I don't require a message or an explanation of why they want to be friends............although I love it when they take the time to write one !
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't mind getting FR without messages. Im not trying to inflate my ego by making you write an essay on why you wanna be my friend. Lets just be friends bro/broette
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests with messages.

Dirty messages.
  • CarolElaine25
    CarolElaine25 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm not looking to garner a large friend list. Most of my friends on my (small) list are friends in real life, so I really don't want their posts/comments to get lost in the signal noise on the news feed. I have occasionally sent out a friend request when I've read something on the forums or blogs that resonated with me. In those cases I've sent a message letting these people know why I sent the request. I would like the same in return and those few requests I have accepted did attach a message.

My profile does mention my preference for a personal note and why. I'm really not trying to be snobby. I'm just more comfortable with a smaller group.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests with messages.

Dirty messages.

One time I slipped in a puddle. A muddy puddle. Be my friend?