How often do you weigh-in?

Options
How often do you weigh-in? And do you weigh yourself at the same time, every time?
My scale will tell me two different numbers if I step on it twice at different times in the same day.
(i need to stop doing that anyways)

Tips?

Replies

• lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at the same time in the same place (the scales weigh differently on different flooring surfaces) once a week. This is the best way for me to get a true reading of how much I have lost. My body can fluctuate up to 7 pounds during the day so I would never weigh myself more than that!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    24qs5k4.jpg
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I try to weigh in every Tuesday, preferably at around 10:30. For some reason I'm actually slightly lighter at 10:30-11am than I am at 6 or 7am....or I'm just awake enough to read the scale. The only exception is if I'm out of town or have to work then I either weigh in when I get home, wait till the next Tuesday, or weigh in slightly earlier.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Every morning. After restroom, before any food or drink. No clothes.
  • Vinyarddog
    Vinyarddog Posts: 67
    Options
    I weigh in every morning at the same time, before dressing. If I am down, I log it ha ha
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It's been about 5 months since I weighed myself, but I did it at the same time in always no clothes at all. The reason I'm not weighing is because I've been in a plateau for 4 months but I know I haven't gained anything. So I'm just concentrating on my strength now.
  • ashtay6
    ashtay6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    24qs5k4.jpg

Story of my life!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Morning, naked, after using restroom. I also never move my scale out of my bathroom. Weight fluctuations don't bother me. I like seeing what makes me gain water weight, ect.

Things to keep in mind:

1) your lowest weight will be: 1st thing in the morning, naked, and after using the bathroom
    2) Always place the scale in the same spot. Uneven flooring, different types of flooring, ect can effect what the scale says. So for the most accurate tracking, you want to keep it in the same spot.
    3) If fluctuations bother you, weigh once a week or less often
    4) If you weigh more than once in a day: clothing will add weight, eating will add weight, drinking will add weight, the list goes on and on
    5) 1lb = 3500 calories, so to gain a true 1lb of fat...you have to eat 3500 calories + whatever it takes you to maintain
    6) When weighing later in the day (if mornings aren't an option) always do it at around the same time
    7) Weight is affected by so many different things and isn't the only way to judge progress. Take measurements and progress pictures to help see how your doing.
  • ashtay6
    Options
    I weigh in at the same time in the same place (the scales weigh differently on different flooring surfaces) once a week. This is the best way for me to get a true reading of how much I have lost. My body can fluctuate up to 7 pounds during the day so I would never weigh myself more than that!

Thank you! I have an obsession with stepping on the scale, as if I'm going to randomly gain my weight back for no reason, within a couple hours.
    I think it should be locked away for the week until my weigh in day comes....
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after I shower (just seems like a good time to do it), but I only log it a few days each week, and as long as I continue to weigh less than I did on the 1st of that particular month, I'm satisfied. The fluctuation from day-to-day can be frustrating at times.
  • candiada
    candiada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning at the same time, before dressing. If I am down, I log it ha ha

This is what I do. Except I log it every time. it does it automatically with the Aria Scale. :wink:
  • o0JenB0o
    o0JenB0o Posts: 39
    Options
    I weigh in every day at 6 am { once i get up and went to the bathroom} but i only Log my weight on Wednesday { no matter if i dropped some weight in the middle of the week}
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday in the morning ( if I remember). I like to see my weigh ins on a chart.
  • ashtay6
    Options
    I weigh daily. Morning, naked, after using restroom. I also never move my scale out of my bathroom. Weight fluctuations don't bother me. I like seeing what makes me gain water weight, ect.

Things to keep in mind:

1) your lowest weight will be: 1st thing in the morning, naked, and after using the bathroom
    2) Always place the scale in the same spot. Uneven flooring, different types of flooring, ect can effect what the scale says. So for the most accurate tracking, you want to keep it in the same spot.
    4) If you weigh more than once in a day: clothing will add weight, eating will add weight, drinking will add weight, the list goes on and on
    5) 1lb = 3500 calories, so to gain a true 1lb of fat...you have to eat 3500 calories + whatever it takes you to maintain
    6) When weighing later in the day (if mornings aren't an option) always do it at around the same time
    7) Weight is affected by so many different things and isn't the only way to judge progress. Take measurements and progress pictures to help see how your doing.

Thank you! Where all do you measure when taking measurements?
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options

Things to keep in mind:

That was super helpful, thanks!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week monday morning- naked
  • ashtay6
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I'm going to start only logging/stepping on a scale once a week. It will take serious self control but the fluctuations drive me crazy.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Every morning. After restroom, before any food or drink. No clothes.

Me too and right before I go to bed.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Things to keep in mind:

Thank you! Where all do you measure when taking measurements?

I take the following:

Neck
    Upper Arm (widest part)
    Forearm (widest part)
    wrist
    waist (smallest part)
    abdomen @ navel
    Hips (widest part)
    Thigh (widest part)
    Calf (widest part)

and on very rare occasions I check (so far these haven't changed much for me....:explode: )
    bust
    under bust