~!* SUMMER SOLSTICE CHALLENGE *!~

Options

Replies

• prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options

Nsv. Tried on new golf skirts and since they only had the one I liked in size 14 thought what the hell and tried it on. It fit....was so excited haven't been in a size 14 in a very long time.

nice!!! congrats!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hey! Getting in the challenge...one day late.

Weigh in: 174 (Ugh!) Messaged my measurements.

Bring on the squats and crunches!:tongue:
  • shells2963
    shells2963 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks it does feel good to go down a size even when you are initially afraid to try it on for fear it won't fit. I am getting my clothes that have excess room in them and taking them to a friend of my sister to see fi there is anything she can use before I head to Goodwill with the rest. :happy:
  • april1126
    april1126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN 180 DID MY CRUNCHES AND SQUATS
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Day 8: Monday May 27
    Crunches: Yes
    Squats: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Extra Exercise: Walking the dogs

Day 8: Tuesday May 28
    Water: No, must try harder!!
    Extra Exercise: walked with the kids to the library today. Was'nt exactly setting any speed records, twin 5 year old boys are so frustrating. I have one who runs ahead and one who lags behind, drives me crazy. But we did it, it's only a few kms but that is a lot for little legs :)

Day 9: Wednesday May 29
    Extra Exercise: lots of walking, even threw in a few intervals of jogging. I did well over 10kms today and my legs are a little sore now :smile:
  • shells2963
    Options
    Day 9 May 28, 2013
    Crunches Yes
    Squats Yes
    NSV Again broke the golf mode and drank 5 glasses of water instead of 3 beers while golfing. 0 calories instead of 288 and had to golf against some annoying ladies in league too. LOL
    Water 14 glasses
    Extra exercise - golfed pulling my clubs last night for 2 hours and 15 minutes. It feels so good to be able to walk it without getting short of breath. Also walked my fanny off had trucks running through for 7 hours yesterday didn't sit down much but made it easy to get my squats in. I can do about 20 every time I start the kicker to sort the popcorn before grading it!
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    DATE 5/29/13
    WATER INTAKE: so far 4
    NSV: Got a product out
    SQUATS COMPLETED: Yes
    CRUNCHES COMPLETED: Yes
    PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: 35 min on elliptical

WEIGH-INS

MONDAY MAY 20: 179
    MONDAY MAY 27: 178
    MONDAY JUNE 3:
    MONDAY JUNE 10:
    MONDAY JUNE 17:
  • prplangl4
    Options
    wednesday_039.gif

Wednesday May 29 - Day 10 of 33

Today's challenge:

65 crunches
    105 squats
    10 cups water

***LAST CALL FOR WEEK 1 WEIGHINS*** Results will be shared tomorrow (Thursday) morning!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Just checking in today...lost a lot of sleep last night so not taking part in the challenge. BUT...ate well and had self-control, even while out to eat with a friend....winning! :) How is everyone else doing?
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    23/5/13: Had an unexpected work trip so failed tuesday and wednesday..

But today did 70 Squats and 40 crunches to slightly make up for my missed days!
    Will have drunk 8 glasses water by this eve.
    Extra exercise: Walking, 30 minutes, (inc. 30 minutes each on tues and weds)
    NSV: Compliments from the other half, followed by a 'I'm so proud of the changes you are making and going to make'

Very nice to have this compliment from your mate! Awesome NSV!! Good job today!

Back home and back in the game!
  • shells2963
    Options
    Day 10 May 29, 2013
    Crunches Yes
    Squats Yes plus 100 extra for good measure....just because I could
    NSV Had the opportunity to send an email to my boss pointing out the great help one of the hourly employees has been the past couple of days and how he has stepped up to the plate asking to be trained on the computer system so he can weight his own trucks in (this employee gets beat down by other hourly employees because they say he is lazy). Well I can tell you he stepped it up in my book and had to make sure his boss knew about it.
    Water 13 glasses
    Extra exercise - Lots of walking here at work (I normally sit pretty much 7 of the 8 hours) back and forth from my desk to the scale area - up and about 7 of the 8 hours I was here. Then since I apparently didn't do enough crunches yesterday at work between trucks I did the Jillian Killer ABS LOL. Then 45 minutes on the recumbant bike. Making up for no exercise tonight I have the Tim McGraw Concert with my sister.....YEAH!!!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    DATE Wed May 29
    WATER INTAKE: 13 cups :drinker:
    SQUATS COMPLETED: 285 (had to make up for Sun and Tues)
    CRUNCHES COMPLETED: 175 (made up for Sun and Tues)
    PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: 1 hour zumba; 1.5 miles walking/run
    NSV: Went to the gym 2 days in a row :bigsmile: ; and apparently my scale at home is inaccurate - it showed I have 45.5% body fat and thats a 10% increase than what it was a few months ago :grumble: - but I went to the gym and they checked for me and it only increased 2%! :happy: Not good, but not AS BAD as 10%!:sad:

WEIGH-INS

MONDAY MAY 20: 180
    MONDAY MAY 27: 184
    MONDAY JUNE 3:
    MONDAY JUNE 10:
    MONDAY JUNE 17:
    I gained, but it's alright its gonna knock right back off!
  • shells2963
    Options
    Day 11 May 30, 2013
    Crunches Yes
    Squats Yes
    NSV Got dressed up for the Tim McGraw concert and upon coming out of the port a john this guy getting ready to go in asked me if I got the seat wet and I said nope....sat down because I had already done my squats for the day and he said "Good Job you are looking good keep up the good work.
    Water 12 glasses
    Extra exercise: Still lots of walking....rail cars are coming our our ears. as I post this even though it is an off day I already have in 100 squats LOL. I also did a lot of dancing around at the Tim McGraw concert it was awesome!!!!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    saturday_004.gif

June 1 - Day 13 of 33
    Squats = 120
    Crunches = 80
    Water = 12 oz

The biggest loser for week 1 will be announced on Monday. We had some people who took a while to weigh in and I didn't want to exclude them.

How is everyone doing?!? 100 extra squats just because you could?!?:huh: I like that!:smooched:

I'm proud of myself this past week - did a work out every day (except yesterday) but I made up for that this morning by walking double my distance!~
  • amandac72
    Options
    Day 11: Thursday May 30
    Extra Exercise: Not so much walking during the day today so I jumped on the treadmill for 30mins. Also finally got around to using my gym set up in the garage, did a bit of boxing, weights and some exercise bike.

Day 12: Friday May 31
    Crunches: did 100
    Squats: did 150
    Extra Exercise: none :grumble: One of my kids had a day off from School and seeing as the weather has turned really bad here it rained all day!! No walking and no motivation to do anything, its going to be a long winter :sad:

Day 13: Saturday June 1
    Rest day for me
    We had to take our foster doggy to an adoption day and so there was a lot of standing around doing nothing for hours on end (well except for getting lots of puppy cuddles :love: ) and when we got home I was wrecked - doing nothing sure takes it out of you!! So I decided today was a good day for a rest day, I think it was the first day I have not done the crunches/squats. Kept under my calories though so I was happy with that.

With it being winter here in Australia now, it is getting so hard because my main exercise was walking the dogs and it has been wet and yucky and I'm just not up for walking in the rain :noway: I have a trial membership at a gym that I am going to start soon and I just need to work that in around the kids schedules, will see how I go with that. Not hopeful of a great loss this week, but just hope it won't be a gain!!

Have a great weekend everyone :smile:
  • amandac72
    Options
    SW: 173.3
    Mon May 27: 168.5
    Mon Jun 3: 167.1
    Mon Jun 10: ??
    Mon Jun 17: ??
    Fri Jun 21: ??

Lost this week: 1.4
    Challenge Loss: 6.2

This has been a tough week for me, with the bad weather and being busy with the kids I have not done as much exercise as I should have. I did keep within calories and keep up with the challenge though. Will get back on track this week for sure!!

Hope you all had a great week :smile:
  • prplangl4
    Options
    marvellous_monday.gif

MONDAY June 3rd - Day 15 of 33
    Crunches: 95
    Sqaust: 130
    Water: 12 glasses

TODAY IS WEIGHIN FOR WEEK 2!

Week 1 winner is: :bigsmile: amandac72 with a 4.8 lb loss!:bigsmile:
    Here's how we fared:

2. shells2963 = 1.4 lb loss :smooched:
    3.april1126 = 1 lb loss:love:
    3.sjcook23 = 1 lb loss:love:
    5. fabulousfifty = maintained! - 0 lbs lost:flowerforyou:
    6. prplangl4 = gained 4 lbs :grumble:

**If you are not listed that means I did not get your weighin from week 1!**
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    DATE June 3
    WATER INTAKE: 8 cups
    SQUATS COMPLETED: 120
    CRUNCHES COMPLETED: 80
    PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Elliptical 35 min
    NSV: My folks came over for family dinner and we played spades after. I made pulled pork in the crock pot and when I got home I made this awesome vinegar based slaw to go with it. Got the recipe from All recipes! 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 sugar, 1/4 white vinegar, salt/pepper to taste, with 10 oz of shredded cabbage and other stuff like green onions, red cabbage, tomatoes, shredded carrots, peppers, cucumber. It was fab.

WEIGH-INS

MONDAY MAY 20: 179
    MONDAY MAY 27: 178
    MONDAY JUNE 3: 178
    MONDAY JUNE 10:
    MONDAY JUNE 17:
  • shells2963
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is a good workout. We switch it up though and our favorite is the No More Trouble Zones. We have 3 others that we switch in and out - some harder than others but none of them are bad if you have someone to endure it with. I am always a sweaty beast when I finish a Jillian workout but sweats good right?

I haven't had internet at home since Friday so I am going to do all of my posts in a few - after I figure out where I am at.
  • shells2963
    Options
    Day 12 May 31, 2013
    Squats Day of Rest – but what the heck did 200 because I was bored grading trucks.
    Crunches Day of Rest but did 80 because no one was in the building and had a few minutes before leaving work for the day
    NSV Went to exercise even though my workout buddies weren’t going to be there. Water 12 glasses
    Extra exercise: Still lots of walking....rail cars are still coming out our ears. Walking on the treadmill at 3.5 mph for 48 minutes and 12 minutes jogging at 5.0. Walk 4 minutes jog for one.
    Day 13 June 1, 2013
    Crunches 80
    Squats 120
    NSV Didn’t over eat at the 2 graduation open houses I attended. And Exercised at home because there was no power at FNF
    Water 6 glasses (hard to get it all down at home)
    Extra Exercise: Did Jillian’s Extreme Shed and Shred at home after sweeping because I didn’t want to breath in cat hair….ick can’t wait til my daughter can have all her animals!

Day 14 June 2, 2013
    Crunches 90
    Squats 125
    NSV Didn’t buy any candy in Rural King (LOVE THE French Burnt Peanuts) or in Walmart….(Chocolate in general)
    Water 6 glasses
    Extra Exercise (See day 13 above – same stuff different day)

Day 15 June 3, 2013
    Weight 209
    Crunches 95
    Squats 200 (yeah I know I only needed 130 but I was on a roll)
    NSV Jogged 1 min and 15 seconds before I ran out of breath on my interval on the treadmill
    Water 12 glasses
    Extra Exercise Treadmill 30 min total with the interval training and 30 minutes on the recumbent bike.

I think that catches me up.