I never thought I would be "one of those people"

Options
2»

Replies

• jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!

I have always wanted to be "one of those people" - fit, healthy, toned, making the right eating choices, helping and motivating people to reach their goals, etc. Passionate about health and fitness!

I am surprised that it has taken me so long to figure out how to get started on doing it for myself!

Now, if I can just stick with it for more than the 6 - 8 months it takes me to get to where I want to be and figure out how to stay there, I'll be extremely happy! :happy:
  • annieconverse
    Options
    Congratulations and keep going! I have always told myself and others that I am not athletic and don't like exercise. When I was younger, I was blessed and cursed with being able to eat whatever I wanted and stay slim. I say cursed now because I didn't develop good eating habits or actively take care of my health. But now I find myself looking for healthy food and happily turning away old comfort food because I "can't afford" it yet.
  • mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am surprised at how I am sticking to it this time. After years of up and down and up and down, FINALLY I am done yo-yo-ing. This IS my life now...I am happy, confident (most days), and feel like a success at something for once. I challenge myself daily and I am glad to be who I am now.

^^^ Ditto! :)
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me! We can be awesome together...I still have 50+ lbs to lose...... I need all the support I can get :)
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    And, lastly, I only now put something into my mouth after it has been logged! No more mindless eating....ever! :drinker:
    [/quote]

What a great idea! I dont like to pre log my whole day but I like the idea of pre logging one meal at a time.
  • Inittolozeit
    Options
    I also "pre-log" my food too!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Thanks for posting it. I never thought I would be or was one until I read your post and thought damn! I guess I am too.

I love feeling alive, fit and capable.

Playing organized soccer for the first time at 50 years old (okay it's called Geezer Kickers and is an over 30 years old league but 75% of the players are 30 - 40 years old and almost all have played soccer on their college teams or grew up in Europe or Asia playing since they were practically toddlers) and being able to play two full 25 minute halves.

Playing tennis for 1 1/2 hours and still having more in the tank.

Being in the best shape of my life.

Looking forward to starting Insanity so I can get really toned.

Bedroom performance is a plus too!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    And, lastly, I only now put something into my mouth after it has been logged! No more mindless eating....ever! :drinker:

What a great idea! I dont like to pre log my whole day but I like the idea of pre logging one meal at a time.
    [/quote]

I understand this approach and I am not against it if it works for you, but I am very purposefully weaning myself from the crutch of logging.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My biggest accomplishment in the health realm was getting past an eating disorder. I was surprised to find myself in the skinny club, but that might have been because I didn't notice it until I went back to school, and discovered that the people who gravitated to me were extremely fit and athletic. I feel a little guilty about it. I don't feel like I'm a better person compared to other people, only compared to myself.
  • Inittolozeit
    Options
    Love this thread. Thanks for posting it. I never thought I would be or was one until I read your post and thought damn! I guess I am too.

I love feeling alive, fit and capable.

Playing organized soccer for the first time at 50 years old (okay it's called Geezer Kickers and is an over 30 years old league but 75% of the players are 30 - 40 years old and almost all have played soccer on their college teams or grew up in Europe or Asia playing since they were practically toddlers) and being able to play two full 25 minute halves.

Playing tennis for 1 1/2 hours and still having more in the tank.

Being in the best shape of my life.

Looking forward to starting Insanity so I can get really toned.

Bedroom performance is a plus too!

Awesome! What a great feeling!