when and how do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Weigh in about every two days, HOWEVER official weigh ins are Monday mornings around 8am - those are the only weigh ins I count and log. At work with clothes on for the official. For the non-official at home. Undies and no shoes right after using the bathroom.

I like Mondays for weigh in because it holds me accountable for the weekend.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every day or every other day to see if my carb intake affects my weight but my official day is Thursday. When I get this down pat I will probably just start weighing every thursday.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I made my official weigh in day on Thursday. I have a workout and diet buddy at work and this is the day that she wanted to weigh in and I really didn't care which day it was as long as it was once a week, so Thursday worked for me. First thing in the morning before I eat, after using the bathroom and of course naked. We also will be taking measurements once a month.
  • abby420
    abby420 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Dear,i read your post today and i was surprise to see your weight loss numbers. 187 was my high ,joined mfp at 173 and right now 168. i really need fitness pal ,cause i am loosing my will.Today i signed.which is good,but keeping it up for whole week will be a challenge.please reply if you wont mind.

abby
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I chose my official weigh in day as Saturday because it's my lowest weight of the week. I don't count totals on Saturdays so by Monday I may be up a pound or two. And I'm ok with that.

I don't know why I have an "official" weigh in day because I weigh myself every morning and log it when I lose. But it works for me and I only tell others about my weigh loss as of Saturdays. :tongue:

Also wanted to add that I do as most...after going to the bathroom and before shower...but also after I brush my teeth. I know it's silly, but I weigh less after I brush my teeth. LOL
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every first thing Tuesday morning as my "offical" weight. I do this naked after I have used the bathroom and before my shower or breakfast.

This is exactly what I do but I do my workout after I go to the bathroom, then weight naked, then shower, then breakfast....
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Monday right when I get to the gym around 6pm. I figure the weekend is usually when I flub up a bit, so I like to see how that affects my loss. Plus, it's just habit.

And I always go in the super secret room to weigh because I can't said the thought of being on that scale that is in view to everyone, having to move up those black things.
  • Carmelo1988
    Options
    My day is usually Monday morning whenever I get up, depending on if i'm going to my lecture or not. I like to use Monday before on Sunday's I play football (soccer) so i guess my biggest weight loss gap will be then. Also like to start the week in a good week as i tend to lose 1 or 2 pounds every week. 3 if i'm lucky!
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and post it every day. I don't stress about the day to day but if you don't keep track you can't see any pattern. I guess there is no "official" weigh-in day for me.

M-F 5:30 / S-S 7:30ish
    wake
    bathroom
    elliptical
    shower
    weigh

I figure I wash off a pound or so in the shower.
  • amarti24
    amarti24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday's and then again on Monday. I just like to see if I had a bad weekend and how it effects me.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I weigh every Monday because it is the end of each week for the CheLEAN Extreme push phase for me. When I start the next phase, it will change depending on the rest days. I do this so I can keep track of how effective each week may or may not have been. I do it first thing in the morning, no clothes, and after I have used the bathroom fully! :laugh:
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Saturday mornings. Why? Because Sunday thru Thursday Nights I shower, rather than the following morning, so when I hit the bathroom M - F I'm already dressed etc. Whereas I shower on Saturday, in the morning, so I weigh before I get in the shower :)
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and post it every day. I don't stress about the day to day but if you don't keep track you can't see any pattern. I guess there is no "official" weigh-in day for me.

M-F 5:30 / S-S 7:30ish
    wake
    bathroom
    elliptical
    shower
    weigh

I figure I wash off a pound or so in the shower.

that's interesting, cos I find the shower seems to make me "gain" - wet hair, and my skin absorbs water, before/after a shower can differ upwards by up to 2 pounds!
  • katibug6404
    Options
    The weight I officially record is first thing Monday morning. I get out of bed, use the bathroom and step on the scale, naked. I choose Monday morning because Monday is the start of a new week for me so I like to start things on Monday.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to just weigh every six weeks at the start of a new phase of the program I am on. I have to admit I weighed a lot in the beginning but I can now go 4 weeks. I weigh at home first thing in the morning with no clothes on :blushing: and before I eat or have coffee. My weigh day is Monday because that is the day I started. :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm on a group here on MFP that weighs in on Fridays. I do it in the morning, in my undies, right after good BM :)
  • deckerp
    Options
    that's interesting, cos I find the shower seems to make me "gain" - wet hair, and my skin absorbs water, before/after a shower can differ upwards by up to 2 pounds!

I was joking about the shower washing off a pound. But since I'm all wet with sweat before the shower it probably evens out. After I get out of the shower I comb my hair, shave, and brush my teeth before I weigh. So I'm dried off by the time I weigh myself, but my skin may have held onto some extra moisture. I guess I'll have to weigh myself before and after once just to see.
  • deckerp
    Options
    I checked today and I weighed 0.6 lbs less after the shower. But that was probably because the shower made me cold and I had to got to the bathroom again.
  • weigh2goal
    weigh2goal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning but my actually weigh-in day is Thursday. Weighing myself everyday helps me to keep check on myself and to stay focused.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I get weighed at the ont he chemist 50p scales once a week, I dont own none as I would be at it all the time. I have just thought reading this though, I do get weighed with my clothes and shoes on, maybe I can take a lb or two off lol