Pooch of doom.

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The one time I ever had a really flat stomach was when I was riding my bike 6 -10 miles a day.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Mine has almost disappeared completely now. It happens when you least expect it, I had given up all hope I'd get rid of it and then boom, it started happening.

KEEP IT UP :)

Awwww a spark of hope! Thank you!

This makes me smile! I sure hope it'll go away... I have some pretty severe stretch marks, so i'll have a wrinkly mess, but I'll take that over the POD any day!:laugh:
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go before mine could be able to be called a pooch! Mine has gone from a barrel to a keg though! :embarassed:

Keep up the good work! It will eventually shrink down as many people have said! Just want to say congrats on the title of this thread! It made me howl with laughter! :laugh: :laugh:
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't lose faith--your body is in transition. It WILL go away. I know just how you feel. Even at my heaviest I never felt like I had a spare tire around my waist....maybe because I was solid and big all over. Clothes don't fit the way they should so I am caught between sizes to accomodate a some what odd shape. My spare is there but it IS decreasing. Good luck.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I loved the first Pooch of Doom movie but both of the sequels were awful.

OMG! Thanks for the laugh! This was excellent!
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine is going down. Slowly but it's going down. Pants used to give me that muffin-top and I'd have the dreaded pooch. But it's much better. For me the key has been low carb. Lower than I've ever done. It's actually really working for me - not hungry, eating healthy and everything seems to be deflating. I have total faith that it will eventually be flat. It's pretty close to what I had before baby no. 1 so it will get there. There will be loose skin no matter what, as I've birthed two large babies and had tons of amniotic fliud, but it will be small again.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Still have a pooch of doom (7 years after my fourth child was born!) but it is shrinking SLLLOOOOOWWWWLY. When I started the weight loss/better health journey, my waist was 40 inches. Slightly more than a year later, it's down to 34 inches and I can fit into a size 10 skinny jeans--and still have a little pooch. My trainer says it will go away eventually but things like stress do make you retain belly fat, so it is often one of the last places to go.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    mine is slowly going away..more importantly the love handles are disapearing..! I'm glad I can wear jeans without fat hanging out..
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you're an apple shape, it's probably the last thing to go, and it probably won't go until you get to the bottom end of a healthy weight, and even then, you are going to have to work for it. Even at low weights, I've still had a pooch without serious diet and exercise intervention. Some people have magic flat abs, most don't.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You need to do core exercises to strengthen the area. Look at blogilates.com for the lower pooch, belly fat, obliques exercises. They are the basic exercises, but you just have to keep up there. Moisturize the area everyday and drink a lot of water.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Ah yess.... the pooch. I had my daughter 20 months ago, and it definitely has shrunken since then, but it's still there. I do notice it going away,but I think it'll take a lot time and fat loss to banish it. I had a c-section and I swear it made it even worse. Like when they sew you back up they do an uneven job....,can't they just nip and tuck it there? lol:grumble:
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine has almost disappeared completely now. It happens when you least expect it, I had given up all hope I'd get rid of it and then boom, it started happening.

KEEP IT UP :)

Wow there is hope for me yet. Im the same & this is the one area i hate, if it just f***d off i'd be happy with myself right now
  • TwinsRaGift
    TwinsRaGift Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sista! I affectionatley refer to my figure as "body by twins"!!!!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You need to do core exercises to strengthen the area. Look at blogilates.com for the lower pooch, belly fat, obliques exercises. They are the basic exercises, but you just have to keep up there. Moisturize the area everyday and drink a lot of water.

I LOVE blogilates! Pilates is terrific for training your abs and getting those lower abs nice and tight. I beat the crap out of the boys to abs in boxing, and they can't figure out why ;)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I grab mine and try to summon my magical powers to make it disappear!!! I am suspecting that I am not the great and powerful magician that I thought I was.
    I am 7 months post C Section and this belly of mine has become an entity of its own. I am doing abs every other day and am doing a lot of reverse crunches to target my lower pooch! Little by little the inches are coming off so I am just going to be patient and keep working it :) Good luck to ya!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that pooch is more about what you are or are not eating than what you work out. Clean that diet up and you'll see it vanish.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im 45 having had 5 pregnancy's and although it has got smaller just a little bit still hangs down and I think it always will!Sad to say this is the price you pay for motherhood,my oldest is nearly 21 trust me its there to stay!!!!!!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Mine is slowly...and I do mean slowly going away, but it looks really odd because everything else is firming up so quickly. Curse you pooch of doom!!!! *shakes fists*
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sista! I affectionatley refer to my figure as "body by twins"!!!!
    LOL my twins second pregnancy and then again with my last babies , so i cant totally blame them
    how about body by "sevensies"
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you're an apple shape, it's probably the last thing to go, and it probably won't go until you get to the bottom end of a healthy weight, and even then, you are going to have to work for it. Even at low weights, I've still had a pooch without serious diet and exercise intervention. Some people have magic flat abs, most don't.

This is why I am still trying to lose a little more weight.

Mine is definitely a result of how far out my belly stretched with both of my pregnancies. There is some fat there, but not a lot. It's more like skin that is not taught. Even if I use my hands to tighten out my skin (like pulling it to the outside of my hips so it is completely flat) there is still some wrinkly, looser skin. I think I am stuck with it, but I am still gonna try as hard as I can to make it go away. AT least if I wear a bikini bottom or panty that is not low rise I look good, it's only when I am naked or wearing low cut underwear that you can see it.