Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

boob jobs

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    I am a 38DDD, and I would happily donate them..lol..Big boobs aren't what everyone makes them out to be. Its harder to run, jump, and fit certain clothes. God bless you all!
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    im considering this next year, i havent had kids yet however that doesnt really make a difference to me as breast feeding isnt a necessity is it? this post was good its good to hear of others who have had it done.

The "necessity" of breastfeeding just depends on the person! Is it an ABSOLUTE necessity? No, you can use formula - I am a big believer in doing whatever works for you! I personally felt that the benefits of breastfeeding for as long as I could were worth it. I switched to formula when I felt comfortable. My life motto is to just "do you" - what works for you, in ALL areas of life, without other people telling you what you HAVE to do! :) But, there are milk ducts in your breasts that can be affected with breast augmentation, causing difficulty with breastfeeding. Luckily that didn't happen for me! Each case is individual, though. If you don't have your heart set on breastfeeding any future children, then that's not a concern.
    great advice, thank you
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I have more important things to spend thousands of dollars on, being a mommy and all I feel I owe it to my family NOT to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a pair of boobs. That being said, if I had the disposable income and was not happy with my boobs, I would consider a boob job.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    So...I am basically going to get flamed for this, but I just want to throw it out there.....

I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

If this isn't a concern for you, then have fun!

Not flame worthy at all! You weren't judging, you were educating! It is a remarkable thing you do and I commend you for making people aware of the consequences of possible choices they may make before they regret them or regret the timing or thinkign them through! Wonderful post my friend!

I agree. I have breastfed a set of twins until they were over 2 and over 20 weeks pregnant and I am still breastfeeding my almost 2 year old. Breastfeeding is a commitment and if you want to breastfeed you don't want to make it any harder.
  • I have fake boobs. I'm not ashamed lol. And I won't lie either. Recovery was misery. It hurt so bad for like the first 3 days, even with the pain meds. But you know, it was well worth it. I get compliments on my boobs all the time lol and noone ever guesses they are not real.

I didn't research for a doctor. I went through a company called Be Your Best and they financed me with one of their doctors.

I say if you have the $$, go for it. You only live once.

I'm not ashamed either, maybe it was society but after my first child i had them done (saline) because I was a pear shaped and now I am just fat, but I'm working on my figure 8 shape again!

I've had SEVERAL surgeries (gall bladder, c-sections etc) and the boob job (under the muscle) hurt the most! I will never forget that pain. But I'd do it again! Good Luck.

*Oh and for the record, I breast fed my child with absolutely no problems.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I successfully breastfed my last child for 24 months (YES 24 months) after having a breast augmentation. No issues whatsoever.

I encourage you to get your boobs. You will love them! I haven't met anyone personally who regretted them. And it seems that everyone I know has fake boobs.

^This. Except I only breastfed for 12 months.
  • Silverwish
    Silverwish Posts: 20
    I just had a REDUCTION last month! I use to be a 40 DD ( . ) ( . ), very painful :cry:! Now, I could HAPPILY :bigsmile: say that I'm a "C" cup ( . ) ( . )!!!! My back is really feeling the difference!!!! I would NEVER, EVER want to have big BOOBIES again!!!!!!!!! :noway: Best of luck to you! :drinker:

How was the pain afterwards , I am desperate for a reduction . I hate mine so much . I have been to the Dr she said I am not slim enough to have a reduction on the NHS . But I plan to have it done privately next year. I know we all want what we can't have but having J cup boobies is not pleasant . Even when I was slimmer I was a E cup . Obviously the fatter I get the bigger they get .

Thanks for reading , just having real boob hatred these days .
    : (((
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    I had a reduction and it went very smoothly. But I was 18 and very fit. I recovered so quickly, in terms of feeling great post-op, I was more active than I should have been and actually popped some sutures before they had fully healed. I experienced negligible pain after the surgery. I only took my pain meds once and they made me nauseous so I never took them again and didn't miss them. The only difficult part was that I'm a stomach sleeper and I had to get used to sleeping on my back. Oh, and the drive home from the hospital was kind of brutal, all the bumps in the road and such.

The literature says you may experience random, shooting pains for years afterward and that really freaked me out but I have yet to have any trouble with these pains.

It was so worth it. My only regret is that the surgeon didn't make them small enough, and I would have a second reduction in a heartbeat if I had the money.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    I'm too squeamish to even finish reading this thread but surely the recently reported sillicone leakage cases are putting people off having this done?
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    I'm interested in this too and have been thinking very seriously of getting a lift done when I hit goal weight. And maybe implants too if they get too small but it's never been a problem before when I've lost weight so maybe the lift will be enough for me :smile:
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    MANY women struggle with breastfeeding...regardless of implants. I personally did MUCH better after implants than I did before with breastfeeding. Nursed my last baby to 14 months! And i actually like that they dropped and look more natural now :)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Oh, I would SO get a boob job if I could afford it!!!! I would love to have perky boobies again. These 46 year old ones just don't look the same anymore, lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I had a reduction and lift and have absolutely NO regrets! I had over 500 stitches but was nearly pain free because the surgery does not involve muscle. The only hard part was sleeping on my back for a month. The scarring is minimal but you will have one around your nipples because they have to relocate them back where they belong! Research photos and you'll go into it well informed and know what to expect. I do have one thing I don't like..since the surgery It's easier to exercise and I've lost 36lbs so now my boobs are even smaller. :( If you do it, wait until you reach goal and if you're too small then you could get implants at the same time.

Luckily, due to the large size of mine, the pain it caused me, the dents in my shoulders, etc. etc., my ins. paid for it. I had to go for 6 weeks of pointless physical therapy beforehand though.

Make sure you ask your PS how many times he/she has done the procedure! My Dr had done over 500 of them.My surgery took 8 hours because he took his time and made teeny tiny stitches to avoid excessive scarring. Research, research, research beforehand! Some Drs put before and after pictures online so check them out too.

Good luck!
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    I just had reconstruction after breast cancer, and I am thinking that I am going to need to be "adjusted"....I was big before, and I loved my boobs. I was a 36H...told the doc I wanted to be as close as possible to my original size, and now I have a C cup. I am NOT Happy.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I'm too squeamish to even finish reading this thread but surely the recently reported sillicone leakage cases are putting people off having this done?

I'm pretty sure you're more likely to get in a car accident... that doesn't mean you're going to stop driving right?
  • stareingharder
    stareingharder Posts: 2 Member
    MissFit, she is right. Getting fake tits is bad
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    I have them...love them, had no problems, whatsoever, after surgery other than feeling "engorged" for a bit. I went to a cook-out the very next evening after my surgery.
    I say...to each her own! If it will make you feel better, do it. Don't let anyone persuade you in either direction!!
    Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.

Have a great day!!!
    Melissa

Same here...I just felt very tight. I went shopping the next day- granted I didn't drive lol!

Same here....mine were done almost ten years ago, they say you will need a redo but mine are fine and don't need one yet. Have had no problems whatsoever and went to a hockey game a couple days after.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Had a lift and implants last year
    I was a full B all my lifr after 2 kids back to back and b/f and pumping boobs completely deflated
    Got 350 unders silicone and am a full C now....perky C :)
    Am happiness with the fullness...implants dont bother me...but lift caused some issues

PM if u have any questions
    good luck
    Kim

I hope I'm not prying too much but if you don't mind, how are your lift scars looking? I'm probably going to do this in 10 - 15 years (big boobs, pregnancy, gravity and obesity will take their toll) and am curious.

I probably should have PM'd, sorry.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    For those of you who financed, what kind of interest is being charged on those loans?
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Lift yes. Implant no. Not a good look.