Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE NEW CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK. Boy we danced and danced the other night at the wedding so I'll just continue dancin away the week. And ti will be fun to do some old school exercises. Does anyone out there remember the CHICKEN FAT routine that we used to do years ago. GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO AWAY... GIVE THAT CHICKEN FAT BACK TO THE CHICKEN....... TRA LA LA LA can't remember the rest of the lyrics... but it was funny. Phyljen
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    08/03/2010 - 80kg/176.3 lbs
    08/09/2010 - 79.8kg/175.9lbs

Hows everyone doing :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone....wt 184 (up 1.5 but MTOTM so hopefully thats it).....excited about the new challange...will go sign up for some classe at that YMCA today....headed off to work now...have a great day!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Not much to report today. so here is the quote of the dayll

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."

So lets have an no excuses day. ]

Terri
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Monday morning check in for me. I'm feeling pretty good about my loss so far. I just looked back at July and I started July at 210. I'm making progress.
    Here's the stats:
    Aug 1 202.5
    Aug 9 200.5
    Yay, lost 2 lbs!
    3 more to go!
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    2lb on!!!!! grrrrrrrr...

HELP!!!!!...

back up to 280 - and i have been swimming most mornings and staying within cals.... whats going on???
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had a bad weekend. Time to get back on track. I haven’t been exercising – I missed my Saturday run, as well as this morning’s run (of course, there’s still time to make up for that one tonight…) – and I have been overeating – a kids birthday bbq on Saturday, and an adult bbq complete with rum coolers that evening… plus a big breakfast on Sunday, and we ordered pizza on Sunday night. I guess looking back it may not have been as bad as “before” but it was certainly way over where I should be. Oh well, I’m cursing PMS – but there’s no P anymore, so no more excuses. I’m headed out for a 45 min walk at lunch and will try to improve my food choices this week.

rcatr – how did your intermittent fast go? What exactly does it entail?

krinio - stress-exercise instead of stress-eating, huh? Maybe I should give that a try! :wink:

timbotina – great work on those stairs! Truly motivating!

Bru – thanks for posting this week’s challenge! Do you think I would get kicked out if I danced in the aisle at Step Up 3D?!

Congrats to everyone who is already well on their way to meeting their goal this month! I know I have a lot of work to do these next 3 weeks if I want to see a loss. My work is cut out for me.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Monday morning check in for me. I'm feeling pretty good about my loss so far. I just looked back at July and I started July at 210. I'm making progress.
    Here's the stats:
    Aug 1 202.5
    Aug 9 200.5
    Yay, lost 2 lbs!
    3 more to go!

Congrats on the lose so far and you are so close to ONEDERLAND...keep it up and you will be there in no time at all.
  • startfresh
    Options
    I am in..
  • MEK48
    MEK48 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds great. Five LBS a month is exactly what I need.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok Monday weigh in for me.

Aug.01 weight - 157
    Aug.09 weight - 154.5

Next weigh in Aug.16!

Congrats everyone and keep up the great work :happy:
  • marshanuss
    marshanuss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in... new today to this site and ran across this challenge... I can handle 5 lbs by the end of August!
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in :
    Aug 1st : 191.4
    Aug 9th : 189.8
  • shannon_miller
    Options
    Just joined, so a bit late to start but hey why not just jump in with both feet and get motivated.

So starting point and Monday weigh in all in one: 201lbs and start of changing some really bad habit's i've picked up over the last few years :)
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    186.5 here I gooooo MOnday 8 910
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As scared as I was to weigh in after vacation, I am thrilled to announce that I lost 1.5lbs!!! If I finish the 5lb challenge by the end of Aug., I will have reached my final goal right as I'm going back to work! I want that badly since it will be harder to work out once school starts.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Last Monday I was 175, by Friday 172...but due to not controling my portions over the weekend this morning I'm back at 175!! Dang that pisses me off!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!

What to do tonight without the kids?

RECONNECT! romance, cuddle, run around the house naked!

If I had window coverings on all the windows that would be a great idea! It is very hot and humid here today...clothes are sweaty even inside in the air conditioning!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend eating wise, but I got all the kiddos clothes washed and folded and put away. Turned the crib into a big boy bed and went through toys and clothes to small for them and made 6 big trash bags full of give away stuff and put it all into the car. I will take it to the goodwill after work today. Feels good to have a clean house but I wish I had done some exercise as well. Oh well at least I was cleaning and not just sitting around. I hope to walk 5 days this week to get myself back into it.
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting used to these boards and I know I'm late but I'm in!!! Starting weight today 140.... I need motivation better and this will do it!!