Waking up hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My trainer said I should have a protein snack and can fill in all the veggies I want every 3 hours. If i am up late enough for three hours after dinner to have a protein shake before bed so that I will not wake in the middle of the night hungry, and to keep my body from eating it's muscle. I also eat within thirty minutes of rising to keep my blood sugar level.
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have some kind of protein right before bed. It should keep you full through the night. Casein Protein is great because it is slow digesting.

Casein protein is a good call! excellent night feed..

Awesome! I'll try it!
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Have some kind of protein right before bed. It should keep you full through the night. Casein Protein is great because it is slow digesting.

Casein protein is a good call! excellent night feed..

Awesome! I'll try it!

Great, good call.... but also add some small amounts of low GI carbs.... Your body needs some cards.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and weight but I've got a few decades on you. :smile:

My biggest fear when I started to lose weight was being hungry at night. I just can't sleep if I'm hungry. I found the Thomas Fiber Goodness English muffins really helpful...9 grams of fiber really did help keep me full.

Good luck!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Consider adding nuts (walnuts, macademia, almonds) to your snack foods. Lots of good stuff in them.
    And, sometimes when we think we are hungry we are dehydrated. Keep a water bottle handy if you don't already. Good luck.
    And your body/brain doesn't care what time you eat so don't have stress over the night snacking. I would be more concerned about disruptive sleep than the calories.
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Try this, I made it tonight as a late snack, its easy and it tastes of chocolate pudding (or desert... depending on which side of the pond your from)

1 cup of quinoa gran (rince it well in water first and drain)
    3 cups of chocolate soya milk

all in a pan and simmer for 45 mins.... high protein, low gi and full of amino acids.
  • Jess6385
    Options
    Try this, I made it tonight as a late snack, its easy and it tastes of chocolate pudding (or desert... depending on which side of the pond your from)

1 cup of quinoa gran (rince it well in water first and drain)
    3 cups of chocolate soya milk

all in a pan and simmer for 45 mins.... high protein, low gi and full of amino acids.

Nice! Thanks!
  • Jess6385
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Super helpful
  • jadelunar
    jadelunar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The same exact thing has been happening to me lately. I find if I have about 1000 calorie deficit at the end of the day, sometimes I will wake up hungry or can't go to sleep due to hunger. Instead, it helped to reduce my deficit to only 500 calories/day. In general, I make room for a snack just before bed that is high in protein and fat. Protein shakes are the best - they give me the most fullness throughout the night. Also, if I have 25-30% protein that day, I can feel quite satisfied through the night, even on a 1000 calorie deficit. Good luck!
  • Weeblessings
    Weeblessings Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It sounds like Reactive Hypogylemcia or general Hypogylecemcia. I'm have RH, and if I don't get enough protien thru out the day, I crash and my blood sugars tank. All the symptoms you describe are exactly like me and several others I know that have RH have. Just a thought.